• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thanks for the fun Fractals Eviskia, Spiritfox, Immortal, and other person I can't remember!

dA09ApC.jpg

cat burrito

Shengar

Great OT! It oozes a lot of fun (and crayon).
Color blind people! One time in kindergarten I colored a person green and the teacher lady yelled at me. Like legit yelled who colors people green?! Lady I'm five and I thought we were the Hulk. It was messed up.

Anyway I think green lions look awesome! But mostly because I probably don't realize they are green.
So we were salad people all along.
To continue the trend of awesome images, I hope this one helps a lot of people out:

2LJhZBA.png
That's nice. I don't want complete my level 30 story quest and exploring first, but opening the map to see my destination next is a lot of hassle.

Any time I feel like I'm about to "Waste" transmutations, I use my empty character slot (Well, name-reserving character slot) and run through all 5 capitols and Lion's Arch. Takes about an hour tops and it gives me 6 charges.
I didn't know that, is there a guide to how to do it?

spiritfox

I didn't know that, is there a guide to how to do it?

Just create a new character and do map completion for the city zones. They each net you a transmutation charge and are mostly easy to do.

I get a steady stream of charges from daily logins and PvP, so I haven't done that in a while. That, and I have no free slots left.

Definitely, at the rate they're going. Maybe not a 100% clear picture, but enough of the details to get a pretty solid idea of what the profession will offer.

Looks like Levyne got you too, welcome.

Yeah I'd think they would want to show it off before we just see a gamer at the convention running around spamming random skills without knowing how they are meant to be used and work together. I'm just hoping they do that full range of videos of the skills like they did the other professions soon.

Just create a new character and do map completion for the city zones. They each net you a transmutation charge and are mostly easy to do.

I get a steady stream of charges from daily logins and PvP, so I haven't done that in a while. That, and I have no free slots left.

ok thanks, I though the only way to obtain charges was to buy them

That first post looks great!

I have started using an Elementalist, and it will probably be my next "main" character (after not really enjoying thief and mesmer too much, but I'll probably give them another try).
I was wondering if a "conjuring" build would be viable. It seems pretty fun so far, but I wonder if it will just get me killed. I'm mostly interested in PvE stuff, nothing too serious (like dungeons or fractals).

zulux21

so... I keep seeing people asking to group for bosses. I read it's because you get better loot being in a group. Is this a true thing or just one of those myths that some believe is true because everyone hopes for better loot?

so... I keep seeing people asking to group for bosses. I read it's because you get better loot being in a group. Is this a true thing or just one of those myths that some believe is true because everyone hopes for better loot?

If you're in a party it lowers the damage threshold for credit so you're more likely to get drops from more things. Not necessarily better loot, but more of it. This only really applies to things that die quickly and might be hard to tag (like the three avatars of blight that spawn before Great Jungle Wurm, etc).

zulux21

If you're in a party it lowers the damage threshold for credit so you're more likely to get drops from more things. Not necessarily better loot, but more of it. This only really applies to things that die quickly and might be hard to tag (like the three avatars of blight that spawn before Great Jungle Wurm, etc).

ah thanks for the info.
Does it matter the number of people in your party?
I typically run stuff with just my wife.

Thorgal

what is a myth however is that supposedly you will get a Rune of the Sunless guaranteed if you use Banner of discipline during Final burn of teq .

That first post looks great!

I have started using an Elementalist, and it will probably be my next "main" character (after not really enjoying thief and mesmer too much, but I'll probably give them another try).
I was wondering if a "conjuring" build would be viable. It seems pretty fun so far, but I wonder if it will just get me killed. I'm mostly interested in PvE stuff, nothing too serious (like dungeons or fractals).
Conjures are generally not very effective except for using them as a 1-2 shot aoe attack. Lightning hammer is an exception, as its autoattack provides a blast finisher and good damage.

If you want to run with weapons, I recommend dual daggers. You'll get pretty far with them, especially once you learn the combos. For utilities, bring glyph of storms (its awesome), signet of air, and a conjure weapon of your choice, probably lightning hammer most of the time.

Minamu

what is a myth however is that supposedly you will get a Rune of the Sunless guaranteed if you use Banner of discipline during Final burn of teq .
They're quite cheap I see, strange how myths come up over such cheap items you don't need to do silly things to acquire xD They seem good for condition mesmer builds etc, right?

Conjures are generally not very effective except for using them as a 1-2 shot aoe attack. Lightning hammer is an exception, as its autoattack provides a blast finisher and good damage.

If you want to run with weapons, I recommend dual daggers. You'll get pretty far with them, especially once you learn the combos. For utilities, bring glyph of storms (its awesome), signet of air, and a conjure weapon of your choice, probably lightning hammer most of the time.
I see, thanks for the answer. It's a shame they're not very good, I find switching weapons like that to be pretty fun. I'll probably stick to this silly build for now, and then once I reach level 80 I'll create something that works better.

I see, thanks for the answer. It's a shame they're not very good, I find switching weapons like that to be pretty fun. I'll probably stick to this silly build for now, and then once I reach level 80 I'll create something that works better.
Ele has attunements, they don't need weapon swap. Don't get me wrong about weapon conjures, they have their place. I regularly use ice bow because skill 4 and 5 on it are amazing on mob clumps. Lightning hammer is part of the highest dps ele build out there.

The biggest problem with conjures is that using them lowers your flexibility from attunements, which the elementalist lives and dies by. They are great for short bursts, but relying on them instead of your base weapon skills tends to get you dead in higher level play. If you stick to lower-end stuff, you're probably fine.

*WARNING THIS IS A FASHION WARS 2 THEMED POST. YOU HAVE BEEN STYLED.*

I've begun using this; https://color.adobe.com/da/create/color-wheel/

To figure out good dye combos.

My big project is to make a red thread between all my characters. Have them share the same dye combo.
It's not as easy as you would think, as the colors look very differently.

My Guardian uses T3 Human Male Heavy, and it's a fantastic armor. (Logan Thackarays armor) It's one of the best proportioned armors in the game. It has terrific detail, and there is good cloth physics that has minimal clipping. Not only that, the shoulder piece is not intrusive against most backpacks and back sheath'ed weapons mostly looks nice. It's just a great armor, and it's the best 125 gold I have spend in the game.

The problem is how the dye looks so differently. For metal surfaces its difficult to use bright dyes. It end up looking like crayon pastel colors, or some 80s jane fonda music video.

On Light cloth based armors, it's a much different story. Strong dyes are possible. Pyre and Illumination are so great on Tier 3 Light Asura, for example.

For Medium it's very difficult. There is almost no Medium armors I really think are teriffic, and most of them look good with brownish colors. It just looks weird with anything else.

With the heavy armors, metallic, stone, grey, dirtish, tons of dyes can work, but you're limitred to the brown and black hues with the medium armors.
In a way it reminded me of GW1 where Ranger armor also had very little differentiation.

My Sylvari Ranger is now lvl 60 and I love her. With a self-hair style kit she really sings. Sylvari has benefited the most of all races from the hair kits. All the great hairstyles are not available by default character creation. I really feel Sylvari deserves to have the new hairstyles in the base character creation. The launch game had to few good styles!
But how I will gear her at 80, I don't know. The cultural armors are not good at all. At least not at medium.
I have no idea how I can make her look Ranger, come HoT. I will just have to hope that ArenaNet will have specialization themed armors, because right now there is no druid looking armors.

I've become obsessed with trying to work the shoulder scarf into some sort of organic inclusive piece. Im using 3-layer Abyss across Head, Shoulder Scarf and chest, to see if I can make it look like one sort of robe combo. to make it not look like a scarf but some hijab. Some of the medium helmets are actually pretty cool for this, but I havent found the right look.

Minamu

I saw a black and white checkered shield/backpiece the other day, and its skin changed its appearance with viewing angle and distance o_O What is that?!

*WARNING THIS IS A FASHION WARS 2 THEMED POST. YOU HAVE BEEN STYLED.*

I've become obsessed with trying to work the shoulder scarf into some sort of organic inclusive piece. Im using 3-layer Abyss across Head, Shoulder Scarf and chest, to see if I can make it look like one sort of robe combo. to make it not look like a scarf but some hijab. Some of the medium helmets are actually pretty cool for this, but I havent found the right look.
Actually, green can work well with some medium armors as well, behold...

Shiokazu

my mouse is technically dead. no comeback for that one.

i even opened it to see what was the problem by testing the clicking parts, the problem is the little piece that actually clicks, its busted, so instead of registering only ONE click, its registering a barrage of clicks at once. So even if i mess around the double click configuration in the control panel, it wont solve the problem.

happened also at the worst case scenario possible, i dont have money to buy it right now... will have to wait until the end of this month so i can borrow money from parents for a new one.

if i lived in the USA, it would mean no problem, thing is, i live in one of the worst places of the world for that to happen. Ok its not the WORST but this kind of stuff is not cheap here. Least not a good resistant one, im not looking for gamer mouses with extra buttons, just a regular good one, strong, resistant and of good quality.

playing GW2 with it would be problematic, i would end up wasting items i dont want to, using the items i dont want to use in the wrong time etc etc etc.

so well, maybe i'll have to wait until after 20th to play again. :(

profound sadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom