• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I'd be most proud of the dog. Gold you can get however, MF is nice but will gather anyways and you can boost it. Dog only for the ToT clickers :p Only ever seen one in person

luxarific

Nork unification denier
www.gw2crafts.net have real time updated guides on how to level all professions but you need quite a bit of gold to buy all the materials. It's super fast if you do though. And you'll gain some levels that way as well. And as for speed buffs, there are both passive skills and stuff that give you swiftness but few are permanent afaik.

Crafting guide sites are around that can help efficiently level your profession, the thing is that you generally have to buy material if you want to level quickly.

Travel speed is limited to buffs, utility skills, and a couple rune sets (high level ones). If you want to get around quicker, you'll have to make use of waypoints, that's what they are there for.

Thanks, guys, this is super helpful! I'm having fun though I'm probably not playing the right way (I'm usually doing stuff by myself, but I'm joining in on group events when they occur around me).

Anno

Eh more than almost any MMO ever there's really no wrong way with GW2. If you're having fun then you're doing it the right way for like 98% of the game. There's very little content out there where you should compromise anything for others.

Legacy of the Foefire. I'm on Red as a Necro. Nearing the end of the match, I'm fighting Blue's Lord. Blue just killed our Lord, putting them at 496 of 500. We have 396 of 500.

There is a Necro fighting me off their Lord. Their Lord is half health, my Flesh Golem's Charge is on cooldown, 5 seconds, four seconds... my HP is bottomed out at 10%, I'm barely staying alive...

Charge comes off cooldown:

http://zippy.gfycat.com/LiquidImmenseBlackfly.webm

Levyne

Banned
Had a 1 hour 30 minute Arah 4, and that's with 4 people through the first boss. Killed Simin in pretty much as short a time as possible (one kiting of the sparks).

The final area is so cool looking.

screenshot950331s98a4x.png

Morokh

I have one ticket, might be an opportunity if something looks real good.

Really need to get back to key farming, but i'm saving gold nowadays since i'm getting close to be able to craft a Shadow of Grenth backpack (just missing a few damask)

pyros

finally got mawdrey done, more for the pet than the backpiece, I have an entire bank tab dedicated to bloodstone dusts, now please give us something that eats dragonite ores.

why was the enormous foxfire cluster not consumed after all the crafting was done, I got it back, in it's original state, is there some other use for it?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know what

why does hammer sfx sound bad? it doesn't like a hammer smashing, it sounds like a bottle clinking

Wallach

You know what

why does hammer sfx sound bad? it doesn't like a hammer smashing, it sounds like a bottle clinking

Weapon sound effects in general are kind of weak in this game. Necro's scepter 1 is kinda silly; you hit people from 900 units away but every time you swing you get this "donk" noise like you were hitting a telephone pole with a broom handle.

Weapon sound effects in general are kind of weak in this game. Necro's scepter 1 is kinda silly; you hit people from 900 units away but every time you swing you get this "donk" noise like you were hitting a telephone pole with a broom handle.

Do you think it sounds like the original skills video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH7k-6ZdQWA

It sounds different in the final game. But I remember being so impressed by the audio effects of particularly the Guardian and Ranger videos.

Wallach

Do you think it sounds like the original skills video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH7k-6ZdQWA

It sounds different in the final game. But I remember being so impressed by the audio effects of particularly the Guardian and Ranger videos.

Doesn't get used in this video, but most of these are sounds you'll hear in-game, yeah. Not exactly accurately (most of them are cranked way up for this, or are layered in fake ways on top of each other) but some of them are spot on like the Life Siphon (last one) from dagger.

I'm mostly talking about weapon SFX in particular (i.e. the SFX of skills where your weapon actually strikes a target). Not all of them are bad - Necro's dagger 1 chain is great - but a lot of them are really flat. Necro scepter 1 is just the one that sticks out to me the most as funny, because it literally sounds like taking a wooden dowel to a solid chunk of wood or something (even though you're like a dozen meters away using it to apply bleeding hexes).

oSoLucky

I would like a GAF Guild invite if it's still open to all players. Lucky.6148.

I played a ton from launch til the end of the year(when Arah/Orr zones were considered endgame) and then again the next Spring. I was in a hardcore WvW guild on Sanctum of Rall, right around the time that SBI imploded from War Machine fallout, and we took number 1 from JQ. I got burnt out from playing WvW for 5-6 hours/day, 6-7 days a week and ended up quitting. I came back about a year ago for just a couple of weeks, and of course all my friends were gone and I just couldn't find any guilds that were worthy of filling the void. I ran a few low level Fractals at that point but didn't do much else besides leveling.

I just got over Destiny(thank you HM Crota for giving me the final push), and I'm planning to play pretty soft for a bit, maybe just leveling my other characters until I get back used to the game....................well, depending on how much fun I have in D3 Season 2 that is. SO MUCH has changed. I feel so lost on basic things like the UI and Traits, and just how much they have changed. I need to feel out the changes to all the content(especially PvP) to see if I might end up making this my go to game again. I'm still a little put off that it isn't anything like GW1 was with GvG, but at this point I'm rambling.

Hi all!

oSoLucky

GVG has already been confirmed to come along with guild halls in the HOT expansion .

Also welcome .

Oh really? What format/team size? Nevermind, I'll look it up myself. I just received a message that all my Exotic gear is account bound....does that mean that I can equip the gear with different characters or am I misinterpreting?

Quenk

Oh really? What format/team size? Nevermind, I'll look it up myself. I just received a message that all my Exotic gear is account bound....does that mean that I can equip the gear with different characters or am I misinterpreting?

That's right. Soulbound is restricted to one character. Account bound can be used on any character on that account.

Thorgal

The finer details are still to come for many features that HOT will bring is still to come , but we know that amongst other things , GVG and guild halls coming with the expansion .

oSoLucky

The finer details are still to come for many features that HOT will bring is still to come , but we know that amongst other things , GVG and guild halls coming with the expansion .

Great. Those 2 missing were 2 of my biggest 3 gripes with the game(3rd was support healing being so worthless). I'm definitely digging a lot of the quality of life changes that I've seen so far.

Zeroth

I would like a GAF Guild invite if it's still open to all players. Lucky.6148.

I played a ton from launch til the end of the year(when Arah/Orr zones were considered endgame) and then again the next Spring. I was in a hardcore WvW guild on Sanctum of Rall, right around the time that SBI imploded from War Machine fallout, and we took number 1 from JQ. I got burnt out from playing WvW for 5-6 hours/day, 6-7 days a week and ended up quitting. I came back about a year ago for just a couple of weeks, and of course all my friends were gone and I just couldn't find any guilds that were worthy of filling the void. I ran a few low level Fractals at that point but didn't do much else besides leveling.

I just got over Destiny(thank you HM Crota for giving me the final push), and I'm planning to play pretty soft for a bit, maybe just leveling my other characters until I get back used to the game....................well, depending on how much fun I have in D3 Season 2 that is. SO MUCH has changed. I feel so lost on basic things like the UI and Traits, and just how much they have changed. I need to feel out the changes to all the content(especially PvP) to see if I might end up making this my go to game again. I'm still a little put off that it isn't anything like GW1 was with GvG, but at this point I'm rambling.

Hi all!

Gotcha. Just hit G, "Accept" then "Represent".

Moondrop

Banned
GVG has already been confirmed to come along with guild halls in the HOT expansion .
Uh, you might want to slow the hype train. They've announced a new 5v5 PvP mode. It's not the GvG of yore; those requests have been consistently refused for years.

Cathcart

Yeah it's a lot of buying some, opening, selling everything, buying more etc. Your gold will likely drop slowly unless and until you get some poly-luminescent refractors. I was lucky and got two black ones along the way which probably accounts for most of my gold gain.

Though Zuzus have been steadily increasing in price and may do to hold your gain loss/gain more constant if they stay that way.

I like how I have been playing this game for a couple months now and people still can write posts that just sound like turboencabulator.
how much is a few
lol

I like how I have been playing this game for a couple months now and people still can write posts that just sound like turboencabulator.
I have been playing for more than a year (on and off, but still) and I still have no idea about what some of the thing people talk about are.

Wanderer5

Ah that emperor/empress outfit. I probably won't be able to check out dragon ball arena much today, but going to look into the new weapons now.

Wanderer5

that look swag as frog!!

Male charr has a dragon tail thing similar to the ancestral outfit. Think I will stick to that said outfit through.:p

I actually not that impress with the new weapon set.:/ Hammer and sword look kind of nice through. Maybe I get the hammer for my acc account. Dragon Jade was a much nicer Asian theme set.

Not too interested in the ram lantern backpieces either, so pretty much won't push for the great ram one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom