• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

So not only do you have momentum after dashing, but you have more momentum the longer you dash.

What is wrong with this game, what madman thought any of this was a good idea.

It allows some combos to happen though. I believe you can stop momentum with green barrier. At the very least, green barrier will allow you to block.

So after getting bodied over the weekend I am starting to get the impression that Sol isn't really that good.

Sol can't really do that much without getting the right read, online its even worse since its pretty hard to hit confirm from random counter hits. There is a chance to random someone out because of the damage output and stun, but even then that's not going to happen unless you manage to somehow bulldog them into a corner. Like you aren't going to be getting huge blow ups purely based on character strength unless you are just already the better player.

mooncakes

So after getting bodied over the weekend I am starting to get the impression that Sol isn't really that good.

Sol can't really do that much without getting the right read, online its even worse since its pretty hard to hit confirm from random counter hits. There is a chance to random someone out because of the damage output and stun, but even then that's not going to happen unless you manage to somehow bulldog them into a corner. Like you aren't going to be getting huge blow ups purely based on character strength unless you are just already the better player.

I'm guessing that there is a lot of Sol players so players tend to do better against him. Fighting Sol more means that they have more matchup experience.

Strangely enough..I feel sol is pretty damn good online.

Yolo DP
Ez pz mixup (gunflame>YRC> to whatever
Lots of health, which mean he can take risk

This is getting me frustrated, I cant do Chipp's Faultless Defense Cancel still.

Also, does anyone play on the west coast cali? It takes a while to find opponent in rank.

I'm guessing that there is a lot of Sol players so players tend to do better against him. Fighting Sol more means that they have more matchup experience.

Strangely enough..I feel sol is pretty damn good online.

Yolo DP
Ez pz mixup (gunflame>YRC> to whatever
Lots of health, which mean he can take risk

This is getting me frustrated, I cant do Chipp's Faultless Defense Cancel still.

Also, does anyone play on the west coast cali? It takes a while to find opponent in rank.

What exactly are you having trouble with with Chipp's FDC? Execution? Timing?

I'm from SoCal but I haven't played Xrd or fighters in quite a while unfortunately so I probably wouldn't be of any help to level up you game.

Damn ASW, at least put training mode or some shit in your online rooms.

Edit: God I am a terrible person, I just made someone quit, why do I do these things. I mean honestly no one deserves to be have less fun than I do.

Damn ASW, at least put training mode or some shit in your online rooms.

Edit: God I am a terrible person, I just made someone quit, why do I do these things. I mean honestly no one deserves to be have less fun than I do.

You can actually access training room... You have to press one of the shoulder buttons and it takes you to the main menu. The only problem is that you can't use it while waiting for a match, which kinda makes it useless. Although it works if you're idling in the room or trying to get into a ranked match.

Zissou

Fuck Leo- he is the Hulk of Xrd. The derp is too strong.

What do you do against Venom? Proper Venom zoning is soul fist spam levels of ridiculous and his pressure is nutty.

Sin's moves have ridiculous priority. Am I missing something or is it just "block until he gets hungry because you can't contest his stuff"?

HALP ME

Fuck Leo- he is the Hulk of Xrd. The derp is too strong.

What do you do against Venom? Proper Venom zoning is soul fist spam levels of ridiculous and his pressure is nutty.

Sin's moves have ridiculous priority. Am I missing something or is it just "block until he gets hungry because you can't contest his stuff"?

HALP ME

Leo can get thrown if he does his long dash. That's all I have, lol. I don't have too much experience.
Not too much with venom either.

Sin, remember that he doesn't have any normal overheads. And yes, look at his meter. Don't try to push buttons when he starts his specials since he can cancel them. Try to blitz shield his moves. Also look out for his double overhead when he jumps (jD)

mooncakes

What exactly are you having trouble with with Chipp's FDC? Execution? Timing?

I'm from SoCal but I haven't played Xrd or fighters in quite a while unfortunately so I probably wouldn't be of any help to level up you game.

I keep getting Chipp Air Down K. I press down back K into KS.

Zissou

Don't give him enough time to set up?

Otherwise just practice in one of the venom missions on how to get in with your character.

I find it really difficult to stop him from setting up shop. He has great normals and stinger aim can control the ground well when he doesn't have balls set. Maybe I'm missing something? Any remotely competent Venom zones me out super hard.

Keasar

Yay! Sony approved my refund request (in what they like to call "a goodwill gesture", meh) and I got my money back for the EU version of Guilty Gear Xrd. Sadly though the money was not returned directly to my bank account again but to my PSN account. So I can only spend it on the EU store.

Gonna have to wait a bit longer until I get Xrd then. Maybe can get a physical copy of it when visiting New York in 2 months.

ScOULaris

So how dead is the online for this in the U.S. now? I bought the game at launch and am considering making a return for the first time in months.

fader

So how dead is the online for this in the U.S. now? I bought the game at launch and am considering making a return for the first time in months.

everyone pretty much migrated to New England lobby or Los Angeles lobby and its only really busy at night.

OceanBlue

ggs guys! It was fun. I really need to work on implementing frame traps more naturally into my game :(.

Hopefully it wasn't too bad for you Prototype. I thought it was playable enough (not great, but good enough), especially since I'm in Florida :V. My connection with fader was pretty good lol.

Edit: And hopefully playing Prototype enough will teach me to stop doing jump back airdash lol.

fader

phew... almost played marlinpie. He joined the lobby I was in and speced the match and left. I guess he realized we sucked :p

Stupid newbie question... is Axl Low feasible for a total beginner like me?

axl low is a very solid zoning character character with good mix ups after 1.1, Japan considers him top tier.

His combos are simple (if you can tiger knee), I can see a beginner learning him easily at a simple level. then getting into his traps is still pretty simple but a little more complicated

Zissou

Learning how to neutral game against Zato is super hard. I really feel like he's the toughest MU to learn out of the S tiers.

Top Bottom