• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
Has any one here done Bedman's challenge number 34? I'm having difficulties on getting the cross up when Task A' hits.

I get the cross up randomly, and I'm trying to figure out what causes it to happen.

Stacey

Banned
Is there no way of purchasing Elphelt on the EU version?

she isnt available as a selectable and neither is she on the ps store :(

NEO0MJ

Is there no way of purchasing Elphelt on the EU version?

she isnt available as a selectable and neither is she on the ps store :(

I thought it was mentioned somewhere here that the DLC characters are included in the EU release? Maybe you just have to unlock them?

Seyob

Last I heard, the DLCs are not included in the EU version, nor are they available in the store for now. And the cherry on top of the cake that is this version: it's pre-patch so not compatible with US/Jap versions online

Sayad

Last I heard, the DLCs are not included in the EU version, nor are they available in the store for now. And the cherry on top of the cake that is this version: it's pre-patch so not compatible with US/Jap versions online
O__o why even bother releasing it then?! I'm still confused as to why did they wait this long for a digital only release, is the localization different from the NA version?

Stacey

Banned

Wow, that is unacceptable. what a shitty EU launch :(

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this is a new low for Arc System Works.

Deps

Any beginners in here? I recently picked up the game and need some opponents around my level. If you're not a beginner and want to beat me up that's cool too.

My psn is youngDeps

OceanBlue

Any beginners in here? I recently picked up the game and need some opponents around my level. If you're not a beginner and want to beat me up that's cool too.

My psn is youngDeps
Lol it might be difficult to find complete beginners, but feel free to join in whenever people are playing. I think people here are at varying skill levels. I definitely lose a lot.

anybody want to play?

Missed this because I was napping. It's a bit late, but if you're still interested, I'll play you for a bit.

Lol it might be difficult to find complete beginners, but feel free to join in whenever people are playing. I think people here are at varying skill levels. I definitely lose a lot.

Missed this because I was napping. It's a bit late, but if you're still interested, I'll play you for a bit.

i can play for a half hour if you're still interested

ggs ocean. bodied me hard lol. im pretty bad against sol. Those cmd throws were on point against me. Plus my over reliance on bridal express bodied me until the end. cant believe I won that game lol

OceanBlue

ggs ocean. bodied me hard lol. im pretty bad against sol. Those cmd throws were on point against me. Plus my over reliance on bridal express bodied me until the end. cant believe I won that game lol

Lol you were adapting to how I play footsies and my pressure strings as we were playing, so you were bound to start taking games as we continued to play. I think if we kept playing for longer you would have won more games since they were getting really close by the end.

Think of those command grabs as me punishing you for standing still :p. This might be bad advice, lol, but your defensive options aren't just blocking and pressing a button if I'm going for a pressure reset. My pressure is really weak to stuff like FD jumping. Sol is definitely a bully though. :V

Are you going to CEO? I think you mentioned that you were going at some point right?

OceanBlue

Also I'm really sad my corner ender (6P 6H fake gunflame gunflame YRC) wasn't working on Elphelt :(. I saw Mugen doing it and it looks really good. I need to test out who the 6H whiffs against and how much proration I need before it combos.

Lol you were adapting to how I play footsies and my pressure strings as we were playing, so you were bound to start taking games as we continued to play. I think if we kept playing for longer you would have won more games since they were getting really close by the end.

Think of those command grabs as me punishing you for standing still :p. This might be bad advice, lol, but your defensive options aren't just blocking and pressing a button if I'm going for a pressure reset. My pressure is really weak to stuff like FD jumping. Sol is definitely a bully though. :V

Are you going to CEO? I think you mentioned that you were going at some point right?

No ill be at evo. I went to combo breaker. yea i gotta brush up a bunch on the matchups. As you saw im pretty bad with shotgun stance currently

Going to try to re-introduce myself to this game. I keep getting sidetracked.
Is there any logistical advantage to either one of these stick layouts:
K H HS
P _ D
vs.
P H HS
K _ D

It feels weird to me to have punch on the bottom, even though from my understanding P is usually weaker than K in a chain sequence and the top is the default. (or did I get that backwards?)

Super late response but I prefer the first layout as it is easier for me to do drill cancels with Faust. I used to play GGXX in an arcade here in the states and that was the only layout I could choose so I just got used to it. I tried using the second one and I always did things wrong. I have thought about trying the B layout since that makes switching between BB to GG a little easier IMO.

Zissou

crosspost:

@gcyoshi13 haiku master
Round start Grand Viper
Why think when you can Fafnir
Oh well RIDE IT OUT!!!

Have at thee, Stun Edge
You'll never block Greed Sever
I love netplay

Have this Tandem Top
Will I go high or go low
Doesn't matter, you lose

I summon Eddie
Don't hit Eddie, ah damn it
time to stall, good-bye

I'm going my way
Let's see how lucky I am
Meteors, awesome

Dandy Step, Pile Bunker
Keep it simple, punch and kick
Wait, where'd your life go?

Slowly getting close
I will Pot Buster this fool
Wait, come back, don't run

K ball, then P ball
I look like a schemer huh
I'm just hitting balls

Really hate I-No
I'll air-to-air her air dash
Fuck, she air threw me

Jumping and swinging
Throw beach balls and ride dolphins
What's fundamentals?

Replay my specials
See this intricate set-up?
Stop mashing throw scrub

Why you hit my swords?
Now I have to play neutral
Revert this patch please

Sparrowhawk Stance go
Up high, down low, up high, mid
Please don't jab, aw fuck

Eat well and hit hard
How do I open you up?
I'm hungry again

Throw my pineberry
My normals are everywhere
The gorrila bride

I need to get in
Got the knockdown, Now I win
Turn brain off, Unga

Kuksune

My psn is youngDeps

I'm a beginner but sadly I don't have an internet connection at my new place so I can't play online yet :(

I would love to get some tips for newcomers though. This is the first 2D game that I want to learn seriously. I mainly play 3D fighters (DOA5LR and VF5FS).

Zissou

ky54o5g.jpg

kyyyyyyyyyyaqrio.jpg

...truly the ken of this game

Zissou

Anybody have generic anti-Axl advice? The once a month I run into an Axl I have no idea what to do. All I know is I can hit his sparrowhawk stance moves.

Rhapsody

Banned
Anybody have generic anti-Axl advice? The once a month I run into an Axl I have no idea what to do. All I know is I can hit his sparrowhawk stance moves.

Sparrowhawk stance lets him do 6 attacks. If you're going to challenge it, I recommend doing it after he used maybe 2 or so (with Faust 2K). 6H overhead is plus 1 on block, so choose your next button a little more carefully. He gets a safe jump off of his green sickle special if he doesn't do the followup. j.S hits twice that can gatling into j.6P which hits once, so don't crouch block so soon.

Also practice punishing blocked DP. It's really minus, but it's not uncommon for people to not react in time and get DPed again.

Zissou

Sparrowhawk stance lets him do 6 attacks. If you're going to challenge it, I recommend doing it after he used maybe 2 or so (with Faust 2K). 6H overhead is plus 1 on block, so choose your next button a little more carefully. He gets a safe jump off of his green sickle special if he doesn't do the followup. j.S hits twice that can gatling into j.6P which hits once, so don't crouch block so soon.

Also practice punishing blocked DP. It's really minus, but it's not uncommon for people to not react in time and get DPed again.

Thanks- didn't know about the 6 move limit in sparrowhawk. Looking over his frame data, I didn't realize so much of his stuff was minus on block, though I suppose if he has charge he can cancel into rensen so I have to watch out for that.

Hey guys, I just bought Xrd two days ago. This is also my first 2D fighter.
I have two questions:
-is challenge mode a good reference for combos? (In terms of difficulty and optimizing)
-is this Ky's staple air combo transition?
Aerial launch -> K, S -> jump cancel (~uf) -> S, H SRK H (vapour trust).

(Not talking about dust into S, S, S).

I also presume you could go even further with a Roman cancel? (It looks like I might be able to do another Vapour thrust from a Roman cancel).

To get there: Something like qcb K (Greed Sever?) -> S, dH-> jump cancel into said combo.

Sorry if my notation is funky, hope it's legible.
I know nothing about Ky, but I can tell you that challenge mode lays the foundation for good combos, but they usually aren't optimized.

Seyob

I have two questions:
-is challenge mode a good reference for combos? (In terms of difficulty and optimizing)

I also presume you could go even further with a Roman cancel? (It looks like I might be able to do another Vapour thrust from a Roman cancel).

To get there: Something like qcb K (Greed Sever?) -> S, dH-> jump cancel into said combo.

I am no pro but I play Ky. The air combo you mentioned is indeed a fairly good BnB. Roman cancels and optimization can be applied, but don't tremendously improve the damage output.

I second what's been said before however. It is very important to learn which normals fit which situation. From there, you can apply even the basic combos to start and you'll already be able to hold your own IMHO.

Deps

I have two questions:

Nice to see Tekken players picking up GG, I recently picked up the game and I'm also playing Ky, lol. He's a great character to learn the game with. Don't worry about combos with Ky, get the knockdown. Any basic ground string into sweep/qcf D/stun dipper then okizoomi. My go to bnb is 2k, 5s, 2d, qcfD

Off of sweep/qcf D, go into qcf H (slow fireball),which gives you enough time to run up and continue pressure. If you YRC qcf H, you can jump then either land and go low or do a delayed airdash J.S, J.HS for a good high/low mixup.

Off of stun dipper, dash up and meaty 6H. 6H is +15 on block, can't be thrown if spaced right, and beats a lot of reversals.

For numbered notation (6K, etc.), the number corresponds to the numpad on your keyboard. A fireball motion (qcf) is 236, for example.

Like basic inputs? I.e. get comfortable moving around and using single moves?
Sol and Ky's S have good range, is that a general thing? I use that to poke.

I messing around with these mix ups:
dD sweep into qcf K
And D or qcb K which are overheads. D is slow and qcb is punishable.
Yeah, learn that stuff first.

QisTopTier here plays a mean Ky; PM him for advice.

Sayad

I'm so sorry but those notations are completely foreign to me. Any chance you could translate it in "Tekken" terms XD I understand P K S H D, and I presume the numbers refer to direction? Is 6H forward H?

Yeah I also picked up on Ky's insane pressure. I'd usually do qcf D into dD (low sweep) then cancel the low sweep into qcf H, since there's already a grinder set up, it's the enhanced version. Then I apply mix up.

As for Tekken, I think I'll wait for T7, kind of burnt out on TTT2. GG's small roster is so refreshing.
This was posted in the previous page, very useful for every Ky player:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Ouf_A7tIM

Top Bottom