• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Zissou

Any advice for fighting Chipp? The pace of the match is so fast and Chipp himself is all over the place... I've got no idea what's going on.

Rhapsody

Banned
That sounds like online advice lol

Edit: To be fair on Faust vs Chipp, you do sort of have to hope he does just get clipped by stuff. Matchup is harder since you can't just easily play like regular matchups. Like Ky vs Chipp, you sort of have to do a lot of flailing.

Here's two match videos of Nage vs Endou
http://youtu.be/g7Be-z04-YA?t=00h31m05s
http://youtu.be/g7Be-z04-YA?t=00h43m40s

The second match goes a lot more smoothly. It's difficult to get that first hit in, but try to pay attention to how Nage plays after the knockdown, especially if the initial mixup fails.

That sounds like online advice lol

Edit: To be fair on Faust vs Chipp, you do sort of have to hope he does just get clipped by stuff. Matchup is harder since you can't just easily play like regular matchups. Like Ky vs Chipp, you sort of have to do a lot of flailing.

I'm not sure for Faust, but it works for Millia. Millia's 5P is already crazy good, 2HS tends to catch teleports and S Tandem Top YRC catches everything.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm not sure for Faust, but it works for Millia. Millia's 5P is already crazy good, 2HS tends to catch teleports and S Tandem Top YRC catches everything.

Yeah, that sounds a lot easier, haha. Faust and Ky have it tough. Both have really good buttons, but you have to yomi them in that MU for some situations. I don't use Millia much these days, but I've switched to Sol before just to deal with Chipp. :(

Yeah, that sounds a lot easier, haha. Faust and Ky have it tough. Both have really good buttons, but you have to yomi them in that MU for some situations. I don't use Millia much these days, but I've switched to Sol before just to deal with Chipp. :(

Honestly, I haven't been playing this game much since the patch, so my suggestion might be outdated. Nobody likes playing against Chipp though. It's flailing around everywhere until you score a knockdown.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, connection was a lot better. Only character I had issues using was Millia on that connection, but it was pretty solid throughout.

GGs! I'd play more but I need to get dinner ready.

Edit: As for characters, Potemkin's my sub where I want to practice defense, IBs, and patience. I know a lot of the other cast just for the extent of casuals. Not for tourney though, haha. It helps me learn matchups too. Might try to just focus more on Potemkin after Evo. Until then it's Ky.

rookiejet

Yeah, connection was a lot better. Only character I had issues using was Millia on that connection, but it was pretty solid throughout.

GGs! I'd play more but I need to get dinner ready.

Edit: As for characters, Potemkin's my sub where I want to practice defense, IBs, and patience. I know a lot of the other cast just for the extent of casuals. Not for tourney though, haha. It helps me learn matchups too. Might try to just focus more on Potemkin after Evo. Until then it's Ky.

GGs, Rhapsody! I'll say it again, Idk how you are good with so many characters, I'm jealous, haha. But yeah, Ky is definitely your meanest. I could barely get any control in the matches against him.

Thanks, and play again soon! (If not tonight, most likely next weekend tho)

Keasar

I feel like a goddamn idiot...

I was browsing through PSN last friday and saw the big sale here in EU for a lot of games from Japan and decided to jump in on the Under Night fighting game. After browsing a little more and on my way to checkout I saw Guilty Gear Xrd on a big banner and thought "Neat, should get that as well" without bloody thinking. I think I was tired and just couldn't get my thoughts straightened out.

So now I got a digital EU version of Guilty Gear Xrd, I can't even get Leo Whitefang, the character I was looking most forward to playing since he is not available in Europe and Sony refuses to refund the purchase because they are one of the cowardice companies that have fallen back on waiving peoples rights for returns at the moment you purchase something on PSN. Money I would like back so I could spend it on their store again but in the US. instead for a US copy of Guilty Gear.

And to top it off I don't even feel like playing the copy I got out of sheer sadness for being such a idiot. :(

I feel like a goddamn idiot...

I was browsing through PSN last friday and saw the big sale here in EU for a lot of games from Japan and decided to jump in on the Under Night fighting game. After browsing a little more and on my way to checkout I saw Guilty Gear Xrd on a big banner and thought "Neat, should get that as well" without bloody thinking. I think I was tired and just couldn't get my thoughts straightened out.

So now I got a digital EU version of Guilty Gear Xrd, I can't even get Leo Whitefang, the character I was looking most forward to playing since he is not available in Europe and Sony refuses to refund the purchase because they are one of the cowardice companies that have fallen back on waiving peoples rights for returns at the moment you purchase something on PSN. Money I would like back so I could spend it on their store again but in the US. instead for a US copy of Guilty Gear.

And to top it off I don't even feel like playing the copy I got out of sheer sadness for being such a idiot. :(

Damn, that sucks. Maybe you can try raising some hell to get the money back. I remember I got a refund because their system screwed up on a PS Plus game and charged me for it. The point is... they CAN do it. They probably just don't want to.

edit: as a side note, I forgot I had preordered CPEX. I won't even be touching the game after Evo. Gotta train hard for Xrd.

Keasar

Sent an email the same day, got the reply today saying they won't refund unless its defect or that it was falsely marketed. Only thing I thought of replying back was that I felt it was falsely marketed since there is tons of noise regarding Leo Whitefang that I thought he was out here as well, which he isn't. Will see what they say to that but I doubt they will care.

Hmmm after thinking about it. Hopefully they move to the P4 lobby system with the Revelator console release. The 8 player rooms within a lobby just don't work nearly as well in Xrd.

Zissou

Looks like Chipp's FDC doesn't affect vertical momentum but only horizontal momentum? It was easy to see when I ran -> jumped -> FDC'd, but I got nothing when I did it during a neutral jump.

Sayad

I just do a lot of random jabs or YRC everything. They tend to run into things.

Also, I suck at this game. :(
Don't think Millia fare much better than Faust in this matchup, have been one of her worst since forever, and probably her worst in Xrd. Her saving grace is that she's harder to catch than Faust, but if you're able to properly challenge Chipp with Millia's normals, then he must be doing something wrong.

Only thing I hate more than fighting Chipp is the mirror match, Millia is just no equipped to fight herself. :(

Looks like Chipp's FDC doesn't affect vertical momentum but only horizontal momentum? It was easy to see when I ran -> jumped -> FDC'd, but I got nothing when I did it during a neutral jump.

It does affect your horizontal momentum and can't be done jumping vertically like Fausts but still causes you to fall down. Chipp's is much more "floaty" and fits with his gameplay more than Faust's FDC would. It is very useful okizeme after knockdown to mix up your opponent and maybe get them to block the wrong way depending on which side you hit off of. FDC j.HS is a very strong tool for Chipp.

Piccoro

What's up, guys?
I'm happy because I got this wonderful game on JP PSPlus! :)

If anyone wants to fight, add me. PSN: PiccoroDaimaoh
I main Sol for now...

Don't think Millia fare much better than Faust in this matchup, have been one of her worst since forever, and probably her worst in Xrd. Her saving grace is that she's harder to catch than Faust, but if you're able to properly challenge Chipp with Millia's normals, then he must be doing something wrong.

Only thing I hate more than fighting Chipp is the mirror match, Millia is just no equipped to fight herself. :(

Yeah, this match up is a chore. At least with Millia, you have the same tools (no DP, lol). That DP really screws me up. The only good thing is that Chipp has less HP than Millia.

Hey guys, first time GG player here. I am interested in the story, but the game recommends doing arcade mode first. I've done Sol and Millia's arcades - should I do all the others before doing story, or can I jump into story mode now?

Hey guys, first time GG player here. I am interested in the story, but the game recommends doing arcade mode first. I've done Sol and Millia's arcades - should I do all the others before doing story, or can I jump into story mode now?
I did story mode right away, and I was fine.

Story mode just continues whatever little story there is in the arcade mode.

Onemic

I have a strong feeling that Revelator will be sold at 50 or 60 bucks with no options for a reduced digital upgrade.

I have a strong feeling that Revelator will be sold at 50 or 60 bucks with no options for a reduced digital upgrade.

It is possible after seeing the release for CPEX for $50 for PS4 with probably around the same amount of added content. I wouldn't put it past them to release it standalone for $50 and of course I will buy it -_-

Hopefully Best Buy does a $10 GC with purchase like they did for CPEX effectively making it $30 with GCU.

And it will have more to show for it than their other updates. Since it's all 3D models and shaders, they are still heavily tweaking the look of the game. At least in terms of visual difference it will probably be more noticeable than any of their other updates.

Also the general added benefit that Xrd has of actually being able to run at 1080p on a PS4 since they have the assets for that.

So not only do you have momentum after dashing, but you have more momentum the longer you dash.

What is wrong with this game, what madman thought any of this was a good idea.

Top Bottom