• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

So do I need to buy psn cards or will my debit work on japanese PSN?

Also, I'll be bodying new players in the most casual areas with Ino and Zatoichi to make myself feel better.

So stoked for this. Any impressions of the netcode yet? Though ASW almost always delivers on that aspect.

I don't know who you are but you have a Jojo's name and your avatar is the best character in Dragon Age so let's be friends.

PSN: Gods_Beard

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is M.O.M. mode basically like the Abyss mode from blazblue? Always thought it was a fun little side mode.

I'm looking forward to this. Probably going to play Slayer or Potemkin.

I'm really sincerely going to try to stay away from Potemkin until I get a handle on the rest of the characters in the cast because i know for a fact once I start learning him I'll never pick up any other airdash character in the game ever again. :p

Definitely weird to hear that the default is fucking 30FPS. I'm gonna wait for more sources to confirm because that would be a very strange decision on arc's part.

Why do people keep complaining about the English VA? The Japanese ones suck, too. God Ramlethal's JP voice is so annoying. Not even good annoying like Lion in Virtua Fighter.

mekes

Got my order in with VG+, with that C$40 shipping, to hopefully get it in time for Christmas here in the UK.

I needs it!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141534730]Why do people keep complaining about the English VA? The Japanese ones suck, too. God Ramlethal's JP voice is so annoying. Not even good annoying like Lion in Virtua Fighter.[/QUOTE]

I can't fathom her voice being worse than the english one. I felt like my soul was dying.

I must resist the temptation to buy it digitally on my JP account. Any updates on the delay of the limited edition for the US? Getting it on ps4.

Lemstar

Is this 100% confirmed? :eek:
He means the account registration process - HK PSN accounts have a language setting for English or traditional/simplified Chinese, while JP PSN accounts are Japanese-only.

But yes, the day 1 patch makes the game fully dual language.

SO ready for this game. Gonna be playing Sol (name quote), Venom, and I-No probably but I'll probably toy around with a bunch of others. The American release can't come soon enough.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm still upset the limited edition got delayed thanks to that strike so it's going to be roll of the dice to see if Amazon got their stock and I still get my limited edition come release day here in the US.

Astarte

He means the account registration process - HK PSN accounts have a language setting for English or traditional/simplified Chinese, while JP PSN accounts are Japanese-only.

I think I'm making things more complicated :V

For the PS3 version as well?

Yep

Any PS3 impressions yet?

It's good, it's just that the default setting for the PS3 version is 30 fps quality mode. Just change the setting to performance 60 fps and you'll be set.

MavFan619

Banned
I'm looking to get this off my JPN account for PS4 but only have Plus on my NA account will I not be able to netplay without JPN plus?

Yeah, the HK PSN store is even in English. I'd know because I downloaded so many Jojo things

Oh that I know, I have a HK PSN account and imported BlazBlue Chronophantasma like this for a friend I just wondered about the game itself since some are Japanese and some English on the HK store :eek:

Ahh okay I see, yeah my HK account is English, as said above I just wondered if the game really is 100% in English. Well if it is I guss I can import from HK as I have both a HK and US PSN account on my EU PS4 so it doesn't matter much, unless there's a reason I should wait for the US release?

EDIT: Whoa whoa wait I just remembered about PS+ o.o My EU and HK PSN account are both activated as primary on my PS4 but only my EU account has PS+, will I be able to start the game on my EU account and play online?

I'm looking to get this off my JPN account for PS4 but only have Plus on my NA account will I not be able to netplay without JPN plus?

AFAIK you just need Plus on one account on the PS4. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And shit, I just heard about the LE delay in America. I'm gonna go sit in the corner...

Astarte

Oh that I know, I have a HK PSN account and imported BlazBlue Chronophantasma like this for a friend I just wondered about the game itself since some are Japanese and some English on the HK store :eek:

Ahh okay I see, yeah my HK account is English, as said above I just wondered if the game really is 100% in English. Well if it is I guss I can import from HK as I have both a HK and US PSN account on my EU PS4 so it doesn't matter much, unless there's a reason I should wait for the US release?

EDIT: Whoa whoa wait I just remembered about PS+ o.o My EU and HK PSN account are both activated as primary on my PS4 but only my EU account has PS+, will I be able to start the game on my EU account and play online?

Oh okay I really did make things more complicated ;A;
The game becomes 100% english once you download the patch and the only reason you'd want the english version is if you don't want to keep buying HK dollars for DLC

Horseress

Ok, you guys convinced me, I'm buying the game from the HK PSN, since it will be all in english, cheaper and with free Elphant.
All that proceeds right?

Bob White

Gah, hate to ask another question, but where exactly is the game on the JP psn store? Search doesn't appear to be working for me and only brings up a guilty gear video.

Oh okay I really did make things more complicated ;A;
The game becomes 100% english once you download the patch and the only reason you'd want the english version is if you don't want to keep buying HK dollars for DLC

Oh don't worry about that :) And hmm I guess I might aswell go HK then if the price doesn't change much between $ and HK$ to € as I have to get them online anyways so it doesn't matter much other than the price :p And would you know something about the PS+ situation? :eek:

Also my first post was quite rude for this thread, it's a great OT that looks nice as has everything you want to know, great work! :D

Astarte

Oh don't worry about that :) And hmm I guess I might aswell go HK then if the price doesn't change much between $ and HK$ to € as I have to get them online anyways so it doesn't matter much other than the price :p And would you know something about the PS+ situation? :eek:

Also my first post was quite rude for this thread, it's a great OT that looks nice as has everything you want to know, great work! :D

Yeah, you can play on your main PS4 account :V

Confirmation

Hopefully I get into some battles with GAF. I STILL havent fought anyone online in P4Arena Ultimax.

I've been playing Ultimax in locals and getting my ass wrecked constantly. I'll make more of an effort to play online with Xrd, but I'm not much of a fan of online :<

Ferrio

Banned
Woo purchased the JPN one and downloading. Didn't see Ele, but maybe doesn't show up until have the game installed.

Kimosabae

Banned
So if I want to play the game now, on PS3, is my best option to start a new account from Hong Kong to get Elphelt? Assuming I didn't preorder?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Am absolutely floored by how good this game is. Props to Arc for doing such an amazing job. Normally I don't gush all over visuals, but this game just looks so awesome and takes the crown as best-looking 2.5D fighting game.

Had to preorder to get her on release and for free (I believe).

I pre-ordered the game last weekend. If that was within the window to get the character, I still don't have her -and have not seen anyone else using her online- yet. JPSN still doesn't seem to have updated.

Azure J

Had to preorder to get her on release and for free (I believe).

How is this going to work for the US release? I've had the LE preordered for a bit and want to make sure she's there day 1 (especially since I'm strongly interested in co-maining her).

Gonna wait for the US release, but can't wait to re-accquaint myself with using Millia. Might actually use Sol a bit too, I never used him much in X or Accent Core, but I enjoyed learning him in the Xrd demo.

Top Bottom