• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
Be sure to share as much as you can impressions & tech wise as you play.

I'll probably give better impressions tomorrow since my time's cut short with school related stuff.
The tools she has feels pretty natural to me though. It's just a matter of utilizing the mechanics with her.

Her zoning with the guns and grenades are pretty fun. I'll probably play friends offline on Friday, so I'll get a better idea on how she deals with pressure and such.

She doesn't have awkward normals, has some zoning tools, and stances. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Polyphonic

Neo Member
I'm not sure if anyone is aware or not. But apparently the quality mode is still 60 fps, not 30 fps. It just doesn't stay locked during busy scenes. Game looks great either way!

Qvoth

YouTube links?

nothing of the sort, just cutscene pictures taken with a mobile phone/camera
supposedly
justice and gabriel
(big spoilers) are in story mode as well, haven't found pictures of them yet though

dustloop thread has a comparison picture of the speed vs quality mode, barely any difference at all

dmcAxle

Neo Member
nothing of the sort, just cutscene pictures taken with a mobile phone/camera
supposedly
justice and gabriel
(big spoilers) are in story mode as well, haven't found pictures of them yet though

dustloop thread has a comparison picture of the speed vs quality mode, barely any difference at all

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../d/d6/Ggvxt-johnny.jpg/428px-Ggvxt-johnny.jpg
It's not this Johnny design is it? (Ignoring the out of place colors)

edit: Phew. It's not.

Qvoth

10258353_896273050383075_410030289837988615_o.jpg

10687525_896273033716410_3164288898060101918_o.jpg

10818313_896272990383081_5767082507027061198_o.jpg

10644209_896273057049741_8714960660505668729_o.jpg

1417583810642.jpg

1417582972486.jpg

here you go

edit: added johnny pictures

LowParry

Would love to get into this if my PS3 stick could work on the PS4. Hard to give up what I already use. Only game that will break me into getting a PS4 stick is Tekken 7. Game looks really good and loved the demo.

Thanks. Now I wonder if this is a flashback.
It's not for either of them. I just finished watching a stream of the story, and Johnny gets a a couple of action scenes (complete with an awesome vocal song) while Dizzy shows up near the end and has a great little moment with Ky and Sin.

Azure J

I await the day when Dizzy and Jam get added in. Until then, I'm having plenty of fun with my current characters.

I'm holding out hope for a Baiken that isn't game breaking, Johnny and Jam myself but honestly, I think the two Valentines both seem interesting enough to be my only characters.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's not for either of them. I just finished watching a stream of the story, and Johnny gets a a couple of action scenes (complete with an awesome vocal song) while Dizzy shows up near the end and has a great little moment with Ky and Sin.

Alright, definitely starting story mode tomorrow. Dizzy's been my favorite, so this is a good surprise.
its not 30fps in Quality mode. people need to stop spreading this fallacy

I saw this news earlier, and I'm glad. Would've checked it myself if it weren't for rushing to class and taking Fubarduck's word.

xezuru

Any links to some hard comparisons on PS3 version? Only really care about how it runs gameplay wise with framedrops and things like that. I have a PS4 but I have a PS3 stick and really don't care for PS+.

fader

sorry thats just what i heard. I've only played the PS4 demo but i'm picking up the PS3 version.

PS3 version is fine, quality mode only prioritizes graphics and will have small spikes during certain things but people tested it and it rarely occurs. And performance mode will constantly stay at 60fps.

Then fuck that guy who said it then why did I believe twitter
you are not the only one don't feel bad. One guy said it and everyone believed him until people came out saying they've tested it.

Any links to some hard comparisons on PS3 version? Only really care about how it runs gameplay wise with framedrops and things like that. I have a PS4 but I have a PS3 stick and really don't care for PS+.

H73b9Za.png

speed on the left. models do not change because the only thing that looses quality is the particle effects in moves.

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, the online lobby system isn't quite what I was expecting. Kinda odd, coming from BBCP or P4AU.

At least, on the PS3 version? I kinda preferred P4AU's straightforward lobbies to what I'm seeing right now.

Westlo

Buying a 500HKD card for this so I can buy extra DLC shit (lol @ people who think Dizzy or Bridget will be DLC, they are characters that will sell the next retail game lol). I might have some HKD left over from when I got the Hong Kong version of Chrono Phantablahblah, thankfully this time this is in English. Hopefully unlike Blazblue it stays that way after the initial version...

Mdesilva

Any reason why Lobby Mode isn't listed in the online modes in this thread? Is it handled differently from BB and Persona or something?

fader

Buying a 500HKD card for this so I can buy extra DLC shit (lol @ people who think Dizzy or Bridget will be DLC, they are characters that will sell the next retail game lol). I might have some HKD left over from when I got the Hong Kong version of Chrono Phantablahblah, thankfully this time this is in English. Hopefully unlike Blazblue it stays that way after the initial version...

how much is a 500HK card?

Westlo

Do I unlock the old themes first or do I give the new ones a chance to impress me even though I think most of them are mediocre apart from Ky, Millia and Mays....

how much is a 500HK card?

Got it from play asia, took like a min to get the code.

US$ 69.99 (AUD~82.21)

Damn aussie dollar...

I had 88HK left over from CP, so after ps4 xrd that gives me 167hk left over for Leo and whatever else they churn out for Xrd. I expect a CS/CP 2.0 release with 2-3 new dlc characters and rebalance down the line before they go into another retail game. (so I'm guessing will be next for Blazblue.. so Xrd 2.0 > Blazblue whatever > New GG retail > Blazblue whatever 2.0 etc)

Ferrio

Banned
Should of waited for HK version, now I have to wait who knows how long to get the privilege to spend money on a character. I never understand the point of free day one characters and not allowing people to buy them out right too.

SoldnerKei

Should of waited for HK version, now I have to wait who knows how long to get the privilege to spend money on a character. I never understand the point of free day one characters and not allowing people to buy them out right too.

damn, and I just bought JPN version, still downloading, then we can't get Elph yet? fuck damn it

Tizoc

Awesome subtitle.
Gonna ask my local game shop if they can get this early, like they did with The Crew.

Ferrio

Banned
damn, and I just bought JPN version, then we can't get Elph yet? fuck damn it

Ya. This is the second fighting game that's pulled the exact same shit. I understand free characters for preorder, I don't understand not allowing non-preorders to buy it day 1. It's like they don't want money.

Also Ramlethal feels so very non guilty gear. It's like a left over BlazBlue character.

Also Chipp is straight up Kakashi now.

edit: I-no doesn't have her lewd standing S anymore :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Totally forgot this was coming out today. I'm going to have to pick this up when I get back from work.

Hopefully the store by my house hasn't run out of copies yet...

SoldnerKei

Ya. This is the second fighting game that's pulled the exact same shit. I understand free characters for preorder, I don't understand not allowing non-preorders to buy it day 1. It's like they don't want money.

what annoys me the most is that I can't find any release date for her, I am gonna totally lose it if that other guy comes out before her, should have payed more attention to those preorder bonus damn

I got the collectors edition of the PS4 version, so I'm going to be stuck waiting on playing it.

I would love to hear how Slayers doing.

Naite

I'm a couple hours into story mode right now. Unlike BB or P4A it's not a visual novel that explains every little detail or has a bunch of pointless scenes. Instead of talking portraits there's talking head models, but it's not as often and more varied. Whenever there's a specific terminology or name referenced you can press triangle to open up a menu to learn more about it (they reference A LOT, like random background characters that don't matter or stuff that happened from one of the old Drama CDs) and pressing right on the dpad opens related terms for more info.

Awesome subtitle.
Gonna ask my local game shop if they can get this early, like they did with The Crew.

Probably not likely to happen. Aksys games typically don't get their shipments out early like some other games, especially up here in Canada.

Lemstar

torn between either getting some HKD and buying it now or waiting a week to get it from the US store :E :E :E
If you're not getting your US PSN credit at a discount, you're paying an extra $7 to play it two weeks earlier. That's pretty cheap.

what annoys me the most is that I can't find any release date for her, I am gonna totally lose it if that other guy comes out before her, should have payed more attention to those preorder bonus damn
She comes out on the 18th for plebeians.

I mean, I'm not going to get angry at you, but the information's been out there for days now, and I even posted it right there on the front page.

If you're not getting your US PSN credit at a discount, you're paying an extra $7 to play it two weeks earlier. That's pretty cheap.

i can get USD from Amazon at normal price, but i can't get HKD anywhere without markup from private sellers, so the price for both versions are 50€ for me. I just wouldn't want to create a new HK-account and spread out my gaming library :D

SoldnerKei

She comes out on the 18th for plebeians.

I mean, I'm not going to get angry at you, but the information's been out there for days now, and I even posted it right there on the front page.

thanks for the release date info, and I know I shouldn't get angry myself, because that's something I should have looked into more carefully, just salty that I was about to make a HKD account and changed my mind on the last minute because it was out on the JPN store already, damn it, guess I'll stick with Millia until she is released

Top Bottom