• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

Onemic

Do any gaffers even play this? Even though the online is straight garbage(though not close to KOF XIII bad) it works well enough when playing people from around the same coast. My games with Busaiku were perfect and he's from Texas(?)

GG is too good for me to not want to learn it.

Do any gaffers even play this? Even though the online is straight garbage(though not close to KOF XIII bad) it works well enough when playing people from around the same coast. My games with Busaiku were perfect and he's from Texas(?)

GG is too good for me to not want to learn it.

I'm still playing this, although I'm basically still in the learning stages so I kind of suck. Are you on PS3?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You guys both Texas based?

Another beginner player here.

PSN: Retro_Funk

Onemic

You guys both Texas based?

Another beginner player here.

PSN: Retro_Funk

Nope, Toronto. I think as long as you're anywhere other than the west coast, matches should be fine with me. I tried facing Koogy once on stream(hes based in LA I think) and the lag was unbearable.

Apparently there's gonna be a local tournament sometime in the future, so I'll be online to try to play if anyone's interested.

Onemic

ggs Orpheus

You tricked me doe. You're not a beginner at all! >:| I was just a punching bag that entire session :(

ggs Orpheus

You tricked me doe. You're not a beginner at all! >:| I was just a punching bag that entire session :(

GGs, I think I underestimated myself a bit. Those 18 matches I had before we fought were the only human competition I ever faced in GG, and since my win percentage was garbage I guess assumed I was worse than I was. I'm thinking all my BlazBlue experience has helped out a bit, I know they arent exactly the same, but they share very similar mechanics. Still, you had me on the ropes a few rounds.

Onemic

online wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, most of the time

onemic, man . . .

ggs man.

I wasn't nearly as free as I thought I would be that time, but I think that's mostly due to you respecting slayer way too much and not realizing I dont know what the hell Im doing with him half the time and Im just pressing buttons. It got to the point where I just kept doing the same things because I knew you thought they were safe when I'm pretty sure they weren't.

I still can't even get slayers most basic combo: K, 2K, 2D down. I think I only got it 3 times during our session and I was trying to do it every moment I could. Of course, in training mode I get it around 60% of the time.

Does anyone here play Johnny? I've been attempting to pick him up but it's been REALLY slow going. My Johnny is absolute trash. It would be cool to see a real Johnny player in action so I could pick up some things.

Also Onemic, I feel like I should apologize about our earlier matches from before. I really thought I was worse than I was, I wasn't trying to trick you for free wins or anything. I'm sorry, I feel terrible about it.

Onemic

Does anyone here play Johnny? I've been attempting to pick him up but it's been REALLY slow going. My Johnny is absolute trash. It would be cool to see a real Johnny player in action so I could pick up some things.

Also Onemic, I feel like I should apologize about our earlier matches from before. I really thought I was worse than I was, I wasn't trying to trick you for free wins or anything. I'm sorry, I feel terrible about it.

No need to apologize, playing someone in GG is fun anyhow. If anything it makes me realize how far away I am to actually being halfway decent at the game. I gotta lock myself in the lab and work on those stupid links.

Funny enough, I play Johnny too, but hes my side piece. He was originally my main, until I found out about how you have to master wave dashing with him, and the input on how to do it is so odd, I just said fuck it and switched to Slayer. Great choice in hindsight, but I do eventually wanna learn Johnny, especially because he's so damn good in +R. Lvl 1 Mist Finer lower launches now, so you dont even have to go to lvl 2 to launch into an air combo anymore.

Joule

Dat terrible Johnny play, lol. GGs Joule, I have to hit the lab hard with Johnny. I got a lot of work to do with him.

GGs to you as well. I think you have to use faultless defense more on the ground as well as in the air. Shouldn't allow me to do bad block strings like 2P x 7 haha and keep your self safe from air unblockables. Sometimes you didn't use your coins very much at all, remember to use them. Liberal coin usage is at times fine too.

As for combos you should consider ending in coin (2D coin, throw coin) to get that level 2 for the next hit. I didn't see you use 5K very much. It's one of Johnny's main pokes so try to incorporate it. Similarly I saw you use f.S a bunch to start the match off but not much in neutral. Consider using it as a poke/counter poke.

I'm sure you're working on Mist Cancelling, Enkasu combos, FRCs and such things so keep at it.

How was our connection? I hope it was fine on your end.

GGs to you as well. I think you have to use faultless defense more on the ground as well as in the air. Shouldn't allow me to use do bad block strings like 2P x 7 haha and keep your self safe from air unblockables. Sometimes you didn't use your coins very much at all, remember to use them. Liberal coin usage is at times fine too.

As for combos you should consider ending in coin (2D coin, throw coin) to get that level 2 for the next hit. I didn't see you use 5K very much. It's one of Johnny's main pokes so try to incorporate it. Similarly I saw you use f.S a bunch to start the match off but not much in neutral. Consider using it as a poke/counter poke.

I'm sure you're working on Mist Cancelling, Enkasu combos, FRCs and such things so keep at it.

How was our connection? I hope it was fine on your end.

Thanks for the advice. Also the connection was great for me, probably one of the best I've played in so far.

Onemic

The changes they made to Slayer in +R are....interesting. Overall its a big ass nerf, but some of it seems to have changed his game to something a little more interesting. 2H no longer launches and instead causes stagger, which I at first hated because it meant no BBU, but I guess because it staggers it causes a forced mixup? H no longer staggers and is just a regular hit making it pretty worthless for anything other than combo filler. I feel like it's minus on hit as well.

Joule

The changes they made to Slayer in +R are....interesting. Overall its a big ass nerf, but some of it seems to have changed his game to something a little more interesting. 2H no longer launches and instead causes stagger, which I at first hated because it meant no BBU, but I guess because it staggers it causes a forced mixup? H no longer staggers and is just a regular hit making it pretty worthless for anything other than combo filler. I feel like it's minus on hit as well.

Yeah he's been largely normalized to not be so strong. Special cancellable 5K is quite interesting too.

5HS in AC is quite frightening to get hit by in the air. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CipKrMhMiDM

Onemic

How do you guys play this on the Vita? With the d-pad and all.

Vita Dpad is pretty much the best Dpad since the Saturn. I hate playing on pad, and even though I still can't play well on it, it feels much more comfortable and precise than the DS3 pad, which is(was) great relative to the competition.

Yeah he's been largely normalized to not be so strong. Special cancellable 5K is quite interesting too.

5HS in AC is quite frightening to get hit by in the air. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CipKrMhMiDM

Im assuming that combo is still possible, since it's air hit. Still want dat stagger though.

EDIT: 5H slides instead of ground bounces on air hit now. Guess that combo isn't possible anymore

EDIT2: looks like even though 5H doesn't stagger on hit, it now gatlings into 2H. Utility restored.

ggs onemic, those matches were definitely laggier than the ones we played earlier in the week

From what I can tell it takes a long time to sync. But since you get kicked out all the way at the end of the match it has to do that super long sync process again. Normally only the last round or so plays decent

It was kinda like that with Solune. First match was ass, the next 15 were great.

With onemic, I think it's just our connections. I know mine is trash. I think his might be, too. >.>

Anyone online right now? I haven't played GG the last few days so my Johnny is still as terrible as it was when I fought Joule, so be prepared for some free wins. I'm on the east coast btw.

ggs Milk. I don't know why the connection dropped like that though, it was pretty good for the most part besides those few matches with random slowdown.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Only five more days in Spring, where's my patch?

Im thinking at the very earliest we'll get it in November. At worst it'll come out in the spring of next year or never.

I really hope it can come before November. By then the PS4 will be coming out and I won't have any more room for my PS3 once I get it. I would at least like to play +R for a few months before I have to stop playing and wait for Xrd to come out.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Im thinking at the very earliest we'll get it in November. At worst it'll come out in the spring of next year or never.

Wish I still had the capacity to be surprised about this.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think 'never" is a possibility. They did release it on the Vita, so there is an intention. However, I guess that in order to give people an incentive to buy +R on Vita we might be looking at a 3 months delay or something. It would be absolutely dumb to release this too close to Chrono Phantasma.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think 'never" is a possibility. They did release it on the Vita, so there is an intention. However, I guess that in order to give people an incentive to buy +R on Vita we might be looking at a 3 months delay or something. It would be absolutely dumb to release this too close to Chrono Phantasma.

But since there's no online in that (terrible as it may be here) there's no reason to buy it. :lol Arc. :lol

Top Bottom