• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

Naite

Possibly against my better judgment, I got a Vita and bought this game. Meterless Fafnir + FB Sidewinder and my laziness in trying to find more optional combos for Slayer makes me want to go back to Sol. I've been meaning to try and learn Zappa too, even before the changes in +R.

Onemic

After watching this Evo side tourney, I feel like switching my main from Slayer to either Baiken, Johnny, or Testament. Been trying to get Slayer links down for months, and the muscle memory just aint coming in. Plus with the laggy online(pretty much the only way I can play with others atm) it makes hitting them with consistency even harder than before. Not only that, he's just starting to get boring to me. I just do the same shit over and over.

How do Baiken and Testament play in +R? I know Slayer plays completely different as they nerfed him to hell and back and Johnny got buffed a fuck ton, but what of the other 2? I've heard mixed things with Baiken, with some saying they nerfed her so much she's the worst character in the game now.

After watching this Evo side tourney, I feel like switching my main from Slayer to either Baiken, Johnny, or Testament. Been trying to get Slayer links down for months, and the muscle memory just aint coming in. Plus with the laggy online(pretty much the only way I can play with others atm) it makes hitting them with consistency even harder than before. Not only that, he's just starting to get boring to me. I just do the same shit over and over.

How do Baiken and Testament play in +R? I know Slayer plays completely different as they nerfed him to hell and back and Johnny got buffed a fuck ton, but what of the other 2? I've heard mixed things with Baiken, with some saying they nerfed her so much she's the worst character in the game now.

I cant speak about how Baiken and Testament play in +R but out of those three choices I think you should go with Johnny. I know you said you dabbled with him a bit before and there's no denying that his buffs are pretty nice. Maybe with his changes you could give him a second shot. Hopefully someone with knowledge of Baiken and Testament can give you more detailed answer though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

You should check the Guilty Bits youtube videos for discussion of the characters in +R. Btw, is this you onemic?

Onemic

You should check the Guilty Bits youtube videos for discussion of the characters in +R. Btw, is this you onemic?

Yup, it's me.

Main thing that kept me from sticking with Johnny was learning his wavedash(4646464646xN) and FD dash(66[FD]4646) and not being able to do it for the life of me. I don't know why I stopped playing Baiken as she was the first character I considered playing. I think it was not be able to get her IAD tatami down due to the really weird notation.

I'll check out guilty bits. Do they finally have vids for Johnny, Testament, or Baiken? I stopped paying attention to them as they kept doing characters I had no interest in playing.

Riou

Baiken generally plays the same in R+ compared to her AC+ version. The main big difference is the change in her combos. The reason for the change is the nerf to her j.D. Her j.D no longer gives you free untechable knockdown everywhere. To get an untechable knockdown you have to land j.D pretty close to the ground.

Here are some vids of show casing some of the best baikens. I really enjoy maruken's way of playing baiken. Kuni and Koto are also really good baikens that you should watch.

Here is a 80 min long video of maruken wrecking faces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM0CisdK4_Y

and here is a 30 min vid of Kuni:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QEjCXZCOCY

Busaiku

This is essentially the discussion thread for PS3 GGXXAC+ players now, right?
If not, I guess I can post it in the deader thread.

I'm gonna be doing online tournaments for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, and Persona 4 Arena.

Eligible for North American PS3 players only.

It'll be a swiss tournament, going on for about a month.
Signups end about 2 weeks from now (tournament begins same day).
Haven't completely ironed out everything, but that's the basic gist of it (wanted to get this in the thread now, since more people are probably checking it out post Evo and all).

Send me a PM if you want to sign up.
Include your PSN and the games you want to play.

There'll different prize for each game.

For Persona 4 Arena, the Persona 4 Arena Original Design Works
NukS7pg.jpg

For Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +, the Guilty Gear Original Sound Collection
U0SUkr6.jpg

For BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, the Fraternity shirt from Brokentier

I'll make a thread next week, you can sign up there too, if you want, I guess.

Onemic

Baiken generally plays the same in R+ compared to her AC+ version. The main big difference is the change in her combos. The reason for the change is the nerf to her j.D. Her j.D no longer gives you free untechable knockdown everywhere. To get an untechable knockdown you have to land j.D pretty close to the ground.

Here are some vids of show casing some of the best baikens. I really enjoy maruken's way of playing baiken. Kuni and Koto are also really good baikens that you should watch.

Here is a 80 min long video of maruken wrecking faces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM0CisdK4_Y

and here is a 30 min vid of Kuni:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QEjCXZCOCY

Have you played Baiken in +R? Does her gatling > tatami > sj.PSD still net a guaranteed knockdown or is that no longer the case? I don't want to have to start learning FRC's just to do basic combos with her yet.

Riou

Have you played Baiken in +R? Does her gatling > tatami > sj.PSD still net a guaranteed knockdown or is that no longer the case? I don't want to have to start learning FRC's just to do basic combos with her yet.

I have not played Baiken in +R but i know that combo does not guarantee a knockdown. They reduced the untechable time so now you have to do her new counter to get a untechable knockdown. You should learn her FRC's anyways because they will be used a lot in R+

Onemic

I have not played Baiken in +R but i know that combo does not guarantee a knockdown. They reduced the untechable time so now you have to do her new counter to get a untechable knockdown. You should learn her FRC's anyways because they will be used a lot in R+

Thanks. So as a beginner Baiken player you would recommend me to start practicing her FRC's right away? Which FRC's are used most often in +R?

How exactly do you 'get in' with Baiken anyway? The Baiken guide on dustloop does a great job of explaining her strategy when you have a knockdown, combos off of oki, when to use counters, useful pokes and such, but doesn't explain how to really initiate her offense in order to get that knockdown. It seems like it kind of expects you to know that already.

Riou

Thanks. So as a beginner Baiken player you would recommend me to start practicing her FRC's right away? Which FRC's are used most often in +R?

How exactly do you 'get in' with Baiken anyway? The Baiken guide on dustloop does a great job of explaining her strategy when you have a knockdown, combos off of oki, when to use counters, useful pokes and such, but doesn't explain how to really initiate her offense in order to get that knockdown. It seems like it kind of expects you to know that already.

I'm not really sure what i would recommend because i'm even sorta stuck on what to practice. Practicing Baiken's BnBs in AC+ is pretty useless since they are completely different but yeah i would definitely recommend praticing her j.d FRC and her tatami frc because those 2 are her most important FRCs. You should also practice the stuff you do after an j.D FRC which include airdash -> j.s -> j.D, and airdash -> tatami

To help with 'getting in' its all about spacing. Forcing the opponent into a range that Baiken excels at. Getting into your range by dashing and using faultless defense is a good tool. Also if the opponent pressing a button with a long recovery, you could counter him. When you are in a good range, buttons like c.S are very good, you can even do c.S into tatami. Another tool for getting in is using her invincible run (half circle back + kick). Its great for closing the gap when ppl spam fireball, just watch out for low atks. Her chain move is also good because of the pull in effect. One of the easiest thing is to just iad in and press j.s lol, since that move is pretty godlike. The hardest method is using an iad tatami to get in. Its the most effective but it is also the hardest because if you mess up the input, its pretty punishable.

Joule

ggs Karsius/onemic. Hopefully the next time we play the connection is more solid.

I recommend making use of 6P to anti air easy jump ins and more use of FD braking to close distance as well as FD in air more to avoid the air unblockable situations.

Onemic

I'm not really sure what i would recommend because i'm even sorta stuck on what to practice. Practicing Baiken's BnBs in AC+ is pretty useless since they are completely different but yeah i would definitely recommend praticing her j.d FRC and her tatami frc because those 2 are her most important FRCs. You should also practice the stuff you do after an j.D FRC which include airdash -> j.s -> j.D, and airdash -> tatami

To help with 'getting in' its all about spacing. Forcing the opponent into a range that Baiken excels at. Getting into your range by dashing and using faultless defense is a good tool. Also if the opponent pressing a button with a long recovery, you could counter him. When you are in a good range, buttons like c.S are very good, you can even do c.S into tatami. Another tool for getting in is using her invincible run (half circle back + kick). Its great for closing the gap when ppl spam fireball, just watch out for low atks. Her chain move is also good because of the pull in effect. One of the easiest thing is to just iad in and press j.s lol, since that move is pretty godlike. The hardest method is using an iad tatami to get in. Its the most effective but it is also the hardest because if you mess up the input, its pretty punishable.

Ya, I decided to practice her AC+ combos anyway, and practice the +R ones on my Vita around bedtime. For her j.D FRC, Isn't AD > j.SD already possible without the FRC? At least in the corner anyway, because that's all I've been practicing today with Baiken(among other things). Does the FRC allow you to do a third dustloop in the corner?(ex. Tatami > sj.PSD > airdash > j.SD > FRC > j.SD?) Or does it allow you to do a dustloop midscreen? Because I know that normally j.D > airdash > j.SD is only possible in the corner.

One problem I have with her IAD j.S is that her dash moves her damn far and the j.S doesn't hit right below her.(A problem I generally didint have with Slayer since his air dash goes a short distance) When I was messing around in some sets with Joule, one of the things I tried focusing on was landing that and continuing it into a j.D combo, but most of the time I would either go right over him or j.S would miss because he would be right under me.

Do you know of any videos of high level GGAC Baiken players or only those +R vids you linked before? I've been searching youtube and I can barely find any at all. Not to mention they're pretty short.

Also ggs Joule. Sorry for my asstastic connection. I actually realized I was streaming Next Level on Twitch at the same time I was facing you,(as well as loading up a bunch of 4 hr+ GGAC tourney vids on Twitch) so that probably was a big reason as to why our matches weren't as good as they shoul've been. I got 2 IAD tatami's in our set though, so I'm super happy about that, especially because I just started practicing the move around 2 hours ago. It definitely isn't as hard as some people have hyped it up to be, it'll just take a while for the motion to be consistent. Riou, is there any way to do an IABD version of the tatami, or is it only limited to a forward air dash?

All in all, switching from Slayer to Baiken yesterday has been great. love her playstyle and she keeps things exciting. I felt Slayer was far too boring simply because his normals are so damn good, that you just end up doing the same stuff. That and I still can't get his stupid links down on a consistent basis.

Riou

Ya, I decided to practice her AC+ combos anyway, and practice the +R ones on my Vita around bedtime. For her j.D FRC, Isn't AD > j.SD already possible without the FRC? At least in the corner anyway, because that's all I've been practicing today with Baiken(among other things). Does the FRC allow you to do a third dustloop in the corner?(ex. Tatami > sj.PSD > airdash > j.SD > FRC > j.SD?) Or does it allow you to do a dustloop midscreen? Because I know that normally j.D > airdash > j.SD is only possible in the corner.

One problem I have with her IAD j.S is that her dash moves her damn far and the j.S doesn't hit right below her.(A problem I generally didint have with Slayer since his air dash goes a short distance) When I was messing around in some sets with Joule, one of the things I tried focusing on was landing that and continuing it into a j.D combo, but most of the time I would either go right over him or j.S would miss because he would be right under me.

Do you know of any videos of high level GGAC Baiken players or only those +R vids you linked before? I've been searching youtube and I can barely find any at all. Not to mention they're pretty short.

Also ggs Joule. Sorry for my asstastic connection. I actually realized I was streaming Next Level on Twitch at the same time I was facing you,(as well as loading up a bunch of 4 hr+ GGAC tourney vids on Twitch) so that probably was a big reason as to why our matches weren't as good as they shoul've been. I got 2 IAD tatami's in our set though, so I'm super happy about that, especially because I just started practicing the move around 2 hours ago. It definitely isn't as hard as some people have hyped it up to be, it'll just take a while for the motion to be consistent. Riou, is there any way to do an IABD version of the tatami, or is it only limited to a forward air dash?

All in all, switching from Slayer to Baiken yesterday has been great. love her playstyle and she keeps things exciting. I felt Slayer was far too boring simply because his normals are so damn good, that you just end up doing the same stuff. That and I still can't get his stupid links down on a consistent basis.

The j.D FRC airdash -> j.S -> j.D is just a corner carry if you're mid screen. I just do it for some cheap dmg haha. Yeah baiken can do another J.SD in the corner when shes falling down. The full combo in corner would be something like: gatling ~ tatami ~ JC ~ j.psd ~ air dash ~ j.sd FRC ~ tatami ~ JC ~j.sd ~ etc. The does allow you to do a third dustloop in the corner as shown in this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJt9Eyw1low&list=PL8-k8jstr6QOUz2ZtlG60afeq1QO7hcfR

The only vids i have from AC+ are long running sets between a baiken player and a ky player and the baiken player loses pretty badly lol. Here it is anyways though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8jfTLtVxg&list=PLCDF11B0552DDAC92&index=49

For the IADB tatami i just do an iad input then a tatami input. I don't there's a specific input like the forward one. Good for you that you can get the iad tatami, I've practiced quite a bit but i'm still ass at doing it in an actual match.

Joule

For her j.D FRC, Isn't AD > j.SD already possible without the FRC? At least in the corner anyway, because that's all I've been practicing today with Baiken(among other things). Does the FRC allow you to do a third dustloop in the corner?(ex. Tatami > sj.PSD > airdash > j.SD > FRC > j.SD?) Or does it allow you to do a dustloop midscreen? Because I know that normally j.D > airdash > j.SD is only possible in the corner.
In the corner you can get the extra rep of the basic loop for free but in midscreen if you want the additional damage and corner carry you'd have to frc it. You can extend the corner combos with j.d frc tatami and on light weight characters like Bridget you can get an extra j.d for free. This combo video shows off a bunch of variations.

In my experience low air dash j.s is quite troublesome to deal with. The hit box is very good and the confirm string of j.s -> j.p. -> j.k is a strong multiple overhead string that leads to pretty good damage. If j.s is blocked you can just go through with j.s -> j.p x times.

The trio of Kuni/Maruken/Koto are probably the Baikens you want to search for. I haven't watched much AC in awhile but I'm sure channels like Goldenrody's and others will have some classic footage.

---

Additionally you should try abusing Baiken's Ouren counter (the one where she flies across and does a slash). Unless the opponent is looking for it, it's a kind of get out of jail free card.

Onemic

The j.D FRC airdash -> j.S -> j.D is just a corner carry if you're mid screen. I just do it for some cheap dmg haha. Yeah baiken can do another J.SD in the corner when shes falling down. The full combo in corner would be something like: gatling ~ tatami ~ JC ~ j.psd ~ air dash ~ j.sd FRC ~ tatami ~ JC ~j.sd ~ etc. The does allow you to do a third dustloop in the corner as shown in this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJt9Eyw1low&list=PL8-k8jstr6QOUz2ZtlG60afeq1QO7hcfR

The only vids i have from AC+ are long running sets between a baiken player and a ky player and the baiken player loses pretty badly lol. Here it is anyways though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8jfTLtVxg&list=PLCDF11B0552DDAC92&index=49

For the IADB tatami i just do an iad input then a tatami input. I don't there's a specific input like the forward one. Good for you that you can get the iad tatami, I've practiced quite a bit but i'm still ass at doing it in an actual match.

Thanks for the vids. It seems like you can also just do an IAD and do a tatami after instead of doing a specific input. So what exactly is difference between just IAD'ing and doing a tatami vs using a specific notation?( I use the Kire Tatami method so 236956K) I'm trying both out and it seem like the only real difference is that doing a regular IAD and Tatami pushes Baiken further across the screen and the tatami is slightly higher above the ground compared to the Kire Tatami method where Baiken does more of a short IAD and the tatami comes out just above the ground.

And any tips for landing IAD j.S on characters, or do I just need to learn the proper spacing for it? It seems like something that should be thought of more as a mid - full screen air poke.

In the corner you can get the extra rep of the basic loop for free but in midscreen if you want the additional damage and corner carry you'd have to frc it. You can extend the corner combos with j.d frc tatami and on light weight characters like Bridget you can get an extra j.d for free. This combo video shows off a bunch of variations.

In my experience low air dash j.s is quite troublesome to deal with. The hit box is very good and the confirm string of j.s -> j.p. -> j.k is a strong multiple overhead string that leads to pretty good damage. If j.s is blocked you can just go through with j.s -> j.p x times.

The trio of Kuni/Maruken/Koto are probably the Baikens you want to search for. I haven't watched much AC in awhile but I'm sure channels like Goldenrody's and others will have some classic footage.

---

Additionally you should try abusing Baiken's Ouren counter (the one where she flies across and does a slash). Unless the opponent is looking for it, it's a kind of get out of jail free card.

Thanks for the link. There were only so many things I could try and practice in my limited sets with you, I totally forgot about that counter. I was so focused on getting that tension counter when practicing counters against you because I still think it's so damn cool she can put effects like not letting you dash or jump and locking a button for a good 10 or so seconds. I didn't even really get to practice her basic gatling > tatami > sj.PSD combo on you haha.

I wish more people played this game, but it seems like its been abandoned ; ;. I remember when this game wasnt even announced for consoles and everyone was acting like its release would spell the end for the BB series because everyone would flock back. Couldn't be further from the truth :(

Riou

Thanks for the vids. It seems like you can also just do an IAD and do a tatami after instead of doing a specific input. So what exactly is difference between just IAD'ing and doing a tatami vs using a specific notation?( I use the Kire Tatami method so 236956K) I'm trying both out and it seem like the only real difference is that doing a regular IAD and Tatami pushes Baiken further across the screen and the tatami is slightly higher above the ground compared to the Kire Tatami method where Baiken does more of a short IAD and the tatami comes out just above the ground.

And any tips for landing IAD j.S on characters, or do I just need to learn the proper spacing for it? It seems like something that should be thought of more as a mid - full screen air poke.

Well the Kire tatami is the most ideal because you get the lowest possible airdash. Also in R+ it is used midscreen to corner carry in certain combos, for example you can tatami FRC ~iad tatami and thats a combo. This only works in R+ so no point in practicing it now. I assumed that IABD tatami meant instant air back dash tatami, for that i just do the air dash back motion followed by a tatami motion. Don't theres a method like the kire tatami method for the instant air back dash tatami.

I don't have any tips for landing iad j.S on characters cuz i can't do it too well as well. I believe it is spacing dependent but i'm not sure.

Onemic

Well the Kire tatami is the most ideal because you get the lowest possible airdash. Also in R+ it is used midscreen to corner carry in certain combos, for example you can tatami FRC ~iad tatami and thats a combo. This only works in R+ so no point in practicing it now. I assumed that IABD tatami meant instant air back dash tatami, for that i just do the air dash back motion followed by a tatami motion. Don't theres a method like the kire tatami method for the instant air back dash tatami.

I don't have any tips for landing iad j.S on characters cuz i can't do it too well as well. I believe it is spacing dependent but i'm not sure.

Yup that's what I meant when I said IABD. At least I don't need to practice two different Kire Tatami's lol. How liberally can you do a IABD tatami though? I'm guessing it's a really good defensive tool for creating space? Also is it possible to combo off of a Kire tatami anywhere or is it just in the corner? Messing around with it, I was able to do

In corner: Kire tatami > c./f.S > JC > SD > air dash > SD

I'm not sure how useful it would be in an actual match as I have no idea if it's really hitconfirmable or not. Are there any combos you know of off kire tatami? And if so do you also know of any blockstrings/mixups you would do on block? Or would you just back dash/do nothing?

If you don't IAD j.S, how do you normally land you j.S? just by normal jumping? In what situation would you use j.S then?

Joule

I wish more people played this game, but it seems like its been abandoned ; ;. I remember when this game wasnt even announced for consoles and everyone was acting like its release would spell the end for the BB series because everyone would flock back. Couldn't be further from the truth :(
The wait for +R and the current netcode certainly doesn't help. I still play this pretty regularly but yeah it'd be nice if there was more of a presence.

Riou

Yup that's what I meant when I said IABD. At least I don't need to practice two different Kire Tatami's lol. How liberally can you do a IABD tatami though? I'm guessing it's a really good defensive tool for creating space? Also is it possible to combo off of a Kire tatami anywhere or is it just in the corner? Messing around with it, I was able to do

In corner: Kire tatami > c./f.S > JC > SD > air dash > SD

I'm not sure how useful it would be in an actual match as I have no idea if it's really hitconfirmable or not. Are there any combos you know of off kire tatami? And if so do you also know of any blockstrings/mixups you would do on block? Or would you just back dash/do nothing?

If you don't IAD j.S, how do you normally land you j.S? just by normal jumping? In what situation would you use j.S then?

I do IABD tatami quite a bit. Its good because if gives you space and if the opponent tries to go in a press a button and you get a counter hit tatami, that leads to big dmg. Don't just always iabd, try and mix it up like jump forward then dash back and tatami. You can mix in some j.P as well. Combo off a Kire tatami anywhere is not possible unless u use the bar but its not worth it. What you did was a good combo off a kire tatami. You should be able to get more dmg if get a counterhit off the kire tatami though. I'm not sure exactly whats the combo you should do since i haven't really looked into it.

For block strings, baiken doesn't have much lol. You can do your regular gatling. You can also alternate between c.s ~ f.s ~ c.s ~ f.s and getting down tatami FRC will extend your pressure. For mixups, 5p is good to throw out because its + on block so you can go for some throw set ups. Her other form of mix up is TK youzansen. My blockstring and mixups aren't the greatest so you might want to look at vids or ask other people lol.

For j.S i just normally jump and just press it. I can sometimes iad j.s and hit a standing opponent. Some situations i use j.S in is when i see an opponent dash at me, i just jump and press j.S. If they are not blocking, they normally will get hit by j.S

Onemic

I do IABD tatami quite a bit. Its good because if gives you space and if the opponent tries to go in a press a button and you get a counter hit tatami, that leads to big dmg. Don't just always iabd, try and mix it up like jump forward then dash back and tatami. You can mix in some j.P as well. Combo off a Kire tatami anywhere is not possible unless u use the bar but its not worth it. What you did was a good combo off a kire tatami. You should be able to get more dmg if get a counterhit off the kire tatami though. I'm not sure exactly whats the combo you should do since i haven't really looked into it.

For block strings, baiken doesn't have much lol. You can do your regular gatling. You can also alternate between c.s ~ f.s ~ c.s ~ f.s and getting down tatami FRC will extend your pressure. For mixups, 5p is good to throw out because its + on block so you can go for some throw set ups. Her other form of mix up is TK youzansen. My blockstring and mixups aren't the greatest so you might want to look at vids or ask other people lol.

For j.S i just normally jump and just press it. I can sometimes iad j.s and hit a standing opponent. Some situations i use j.S in is when i see an opponent dash at me, i just jump and press j.S. If they are not blocking, they normally will get hit by j.S

Whoops, I meant blockstrings/mixups off a blocked Kire tatami or IABD tatami, since I don't know how + or - a kire tatami or IABD tatami is on block. Or is it just the same as you posted before?

Also, is it possible to combo off a throw midscreen? I can combo off of it in the corner, but the guide on Dustloop says this:

(run) 2K 5S jc j.[P]SD ad j.[S or P]D

I can only do that without dashing and only in the corner.If i try to dash and 2k it always whiffs. It seems like the characters hurtbox isn't present beyond their legs because I can throw and delay my 2k slightly and it will still connect. Any dashing however and it will always whiff. I also can't get the air dash > j.[S or P]D to connect at all. The most I can get is airdash > j.S before the dummy hits the ground and immediately recovers before j.D even has a chance to startup.

Riou

Whoops, I meant blockstrings/mixups off a blocked Kire tatami or IABD tatami, since I don't know how + or - a kire tatami or IABD tatami is on block. Or is it just the same as you posted before?

Also, is it possible to combo off a throw midscreen? I can combo off of it in the corner, but the guide on Dustloop says this:

(run) 2K 5S jc j.[P]SD ad j.[S or P]D

I can only do that without dashing and only in the corner.If i try to dash and 2k it always whiffs. It seems like the characters hurtbox isn't present beyond their legs because I can throw and delay my 2k slightly and it will still connect. Any dashing however and it will always whiff. I also can't get the air dash > j.[S or P]D to connect at all. The most I can get is airdash > j.S before the dummy hits the ground and immediately recovers before j.D even has a chance to startup.

This post on dustloop gives some good examples of blockstring/mixups you can use on the ground or when you have someone blocking a tatami:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...erged)/page4&p=1518452&viewfull=1#post1518452

It is not possible to combo off a throw midscreen, the combo you listed is for the corner i believe. The combo that i do in the corner is throw ~ 6p ~ JC and do whatever. You can try tatami after the throw but the timing is a bit harder.

Onemic

This post on dustloop gives some good examples of blockstring/mixups you can use on the ground or when you have someone blocking a tatami:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...erged)/page4&p=1518452&viewfull=1#post1518452

It is not possible to combo off a throw midscreen, the combo you listed is for the corner i believe. The combo that i do in the corner is throw ~ 6p ~ JC and do whatever. You can try tatami after the throw but the timing is a bit harder.

Sorry for peppering you with questions, but i got another :p

Been messing around with Baiken's AA's and is it just me or is her 6P a pretty bad AA? A lot of the time the second hit whiffs and I hear some moves just beat it outright. Do you know of any aircombos you can do after an AA 6P? The only one I can pull of is:

6P > JC > j.PSD

It only nets 92dmg and half the time the beat combo goes dark, which I assume is a bad thing?(Not exactly sure why as I have the dummy to neutral recover at 0 frames, but it still connects anyway) . While if I get a f.S/c.S AA I can get this:

AA f./c.S > JC > j.SPK > JC > j.SD

which doesn't make the beat go dark and nets 136 dmg instead.

Riou

Sorry for peppering you with questions, but i got another :p

Been messing around with Baiken's AA's and is it just me or is her 6P a pretty bad AA? A lot of the time the second hit whiffs and I hear some moves just beat it outright. Do you know of any aircombos you can do after an AA 6P? The only one I can pull of is:

6P > JC > j.PSD

It only nets 92dmg and half the time the beat combo goes dark, which I assume is a bad thing?(Not exactly sure why as I have the dummy to neutral recover at 0 frames, but it still connects anyway) . While if I get a f.S/c.S AA I can get this:

AA f./c.S > JC > j.SPK > JC > j.SD

which doesn't make the beat go dark and nets 136 dmg instead.

I play with Joule quite often and i use 6p against him all the time. Its one of the best AA that baiken has. f.S as an AA only works at certain distance, yes you can jump cancel it for more dmg but i find it less reliable than 6P. If you're getting the black beat, that just means you are not doing the JC fast enough or not pressing j.P fast enough. You should be able to do 6P ~ JC ~j.PSD pretty easily. What i like to do if i get a 6P midscreen is FRC the j.D to continue the combo and get a corner carry.

Onemic

I play with Joule quite often and i use 6p against him all the time. Its one of the best AA that baiken has. f.S as an AA only works at certain distance, yes you can jump cancel it for more dmg but i find it less reliable than 6P. If you're getting the black beat, that just means you are not doing the JC fast enough or not pressing j.P fast enough. You should be able to do 6P ~ JC ~j.PSD pretty easily. What i like to do if i get a 6P midscreen is FRC the j.D to continue the combo and get a corner carry.

Ok, I guess I just have to practice it more. Also, how exactly do you FRC? It's the one thing I've avoided trying to learn, especially because I didn't really need to do it with Slayer since I was too busy trying to get his links down.

I also realized that doing the Kire Tatami and tk youzansen from the 2p side is so much harder than doing it from the 1p side. I get those moves like half the time from the 2p side ;_;

What's your PSN btw? I'd like to play a Baiken player that knows what they are doing :p

Riou

Ok, I guess I just have to practice it more. Also, how exactly do you FRC? It's the one thing I've avoided trying to learn, especially because I didn't really need to do it with Slayer since I was too busy trying to get his links down.

I also realized that doing the Kire Tatami and tk youzansen from the 2p side is so much harder than doing it from the 1p side. I get those moves like half the time from the 2p side ;_;

What's your PSN btw? I'd like to play a Baiken player that knows what they are doing :p

You just have to go into training mode and put in the work to get the FRC's down. Make sure the input bar is open and just do the move. Try and associate sound and animation into the timing of the FRC and just become a training mode monster until you have them down lol. I also have the same problem as you, in training mode i can do TK youzansen pretty well on 1p side but the moment i try 2p, bam my execution goes to shit lol.

I think you are giving me too much credit, i am pretty ass at this game lol. Sadly I do not have a ps3, i play on the 360. Me and Joule know each other and he comes to my place to play gg. I also don't have and don't intend to buy xbox live.

Onemic

You just have to go into training mode and put in the work to get the FRC's down. Make sure the input bar is open and just do the move. Try and associate sound and animation into the timing of the FRC and just become a training mode monster until you have them down lol. I also have the same problem as you, in training mode i can do TK youzansen pretty well on 1p side but the moment i try 2p, bam my execution goes to shit lol.

Sadly I do not have a ps3, i play on the 360. Me and Joule know each other and he comes to my place to play gg. I also don't have and don't intend to buy xbox live.

That must be great, being able to play offline and all. I don't know anyone who plays GG locally so I'm stuck playing with gaffers online. Since you're also from the Toronto area do you know of any local GG scenes? I'm from Markham and there was only one I knew of,(LoveGety station in Richmond Hill) but that place closed down a month back, so I'm sorta SOL in terms of a local scene I can go and play airdashers. YRSF in Scarborough is pretty much a Capcom only fighting game scene and A&C in downtown Toronto is too much of a trek for me to play casuals since the bus/subway ride there would take me 2 hours on average.(sadly I can't drive there as it would only take me around 25min - 30min if I could)

Essay

I hear some moves just beat [her 6P] outright.

*Disclaimer: I haven't really been a Baiken player since #Reload, but I've fought a variety of them.*

Firstly, there are a wide array of deep jump-ins that can really mess up a lot of 6P AA attempts. Stuff like May and Slayer's j.HS extend far enough down or move their hurtbox back far enough that only the best 6P's timed well (say, Venom's, with its extended hitbox) have any hope.

As a general rule, don't try to AA with a stubby 6P like Baiken's unless you know their downward hitbox won't touch the ground. For example, if they're hovering around your head with double jumps, their hitbox is probably going to come all-the-way down on your 6P. If they're airdashing-in, however, you're often good to beat it outright and confirm into a full combo.

Also, don't forget about Block > P-Guard Cancel versus aerial opponents. It can get baited, but has good payoff if you catch them airborne. The HS-version (or even K-version?) can help you slip out from under aerial approaches back to neutral sometimes too.

...And in neutral you can focus on keeping opponents away from your air-space preemptively. Your j.S(into j.D) and air tatami should zone them out horizontally, and high/double-jump j.HS can fill the air-angles before they can.

While we like to celebrate Baiken for her defensive abilities, you don't want to confuse her with an E.Honda who can sit back and survive on reactions alone.

That must be great, being able to play offline and all. I don't know anyone who plays GG locally so I'm stuck playing with gaffers online. Since you're also from the Toronto area do you know of any local GG scenes? I'm from Markham and there was only one I knew of,(LoveGety station in Richmond Hill) but that place closed down a month back, so I'm sorta SOL in terms of a local scene I can go and play airdashers. YRSF in Scarborough is pretty much a Capcom only fighting game scene and A&C in downtown Toronto is too much of a trek for me to play casuals since the bus/subway ride there would take me 2 hours on average.(sadly I can't drive there as it would only take me around 25min - 30min if I could)

Come out to Ottawa. We've got a great scene.
EDIT: Erm, I mean, if you can handle 5 hours instead of two. xD ...Or just move here!

Onemic

*Disclaimer: I haven't really been a Baiken player since #Reload, but I've fought a variety of them.*

Firstly, there are a wide array of deep jump-ins that can really mess up a lot of 6P AA attempts. Stuff like May and Slayer's j.HS extend far enough down or move their hurtbox back far enough that only the best 6P's timed well (say, Venom's, with its extended hitbox) have any hope.

As a general rule, don't try to AA with a stubby 6P like Baiken's unless you know their downward hitbox won't touch the ground. For example, if they're hovering around your head with double jumps, their hitbox is probably going to come all-the-way down on your 6P. If they're airdashing-in, however, you're often good to beat it outright and confirm into a full combo.

Also, don't forget about Block > P-Guard Cancel versus aerial opponents. It can get baited, but has good payoff if you catch them airborne. The HS-version (or even K-version?) can help you slip out from under aerial approaches back to neutral sometimes too.

...And in neutral you can focus on keeping opponents away from your air-space preemptively. Your j.S(into j.D) and air tatami should zone them out horizontally, and high/double-jump j.HS can fill the air-angles before they can.

While we like to celebrate Baiken for her defensive abilities, you don't want to confuse her with an E.Honda who can sit back and survive on reactions alone.

EDIT: Erm, I mean, if you can handle 5 hours instead of two. xD ...Or just move here!

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I forgot to ask about her GC's. Which is the best to use in which situations? From your post and others the P-guard seems good for blocked jump-ins? I know sakura is good for attacks with long recovery, and the one where she flies in the air for a crossup is sorta like a get out of jail free card, and her tension one is good since it's completely invincible, but I'm not sure about the other one.

Anyone know the frame window for Baiken's tatami and j.D FRC? I was expecting some balls to the wall hard shit from the hype people have given FRC's for how hard they are,(Part of the reason why I've avoided them until now) but I just did 10 FRC's in a row of both j.D and tatami after like 5 minutes of practice. I'm guessing certain FRC's are a lot harder than others? I heard her j.D was supposed to be pretty hard but that one seems even easier than her tatami as there's no waiting involved, as soon as you press j.D you immediately FRC.

Edit: Youzansen FRC is hard as hell though. the input goes blue as soon as I input it like j.D, but the FRC deosn't come out no matter how fast I input the 3 atk buttons.

I wish. This is why living in the suburbs suck. No one does anything and you're too far away to get any action.

Essay

I forgot to ask about her GC's. Which is the best to use in which situations? From your post and others the P-guard seems good for blocked jump-ins? I know sakura is good for attacks with long recovery, and the one where she flies in the air for a crossup is sorta like a get out of jail free card, and her tension one is good since it's completely invincible, but I'm not sure about the other one.

With the P-guard cancel, you've got to remember it has some startup, during which if they land back on the ground, you're boned. I don't think it's even positve when it hits a grounded opponent. Only go for it when you block them close-in and high-up.

K-one: no real clue. We rarely see it, but because of that, we're probably not ready to react to it.

S-one: yes, punish things with it and RC into damage! Look out for people (i.e. my I-No) double jump cancelling over it or low-profiling it.

HS-one: Anti-zoning, get-out-of-jail-semi-free card. Learn counter-hit combos.

D-one: Probably the best (fastest startup, best hitbox, not really punishable), but costs meter.

Anyone know the frame window for Baiken's tatami and j.D FRC? I was expecting some balls to the wall hard shit from the hype people have given FRC's for how hard they are,(Part of the reason why I've avoided them until now) but I just did 10 FRC's in a row of both j.D and tatami after like 5 minutes of practice. I'm guessing certain FRC's are a lot harder than others? I heard her j.D was supposed to be pretty hard but that one seems even easier than her tatami as there's no waiting involved, as soon as you press j.D you immediately FRC.

Edit: Youzansen FRC is hard as hell though. the input goes blue as soon as I input it like j.D, but the FRC deosn't come out no matter how fast I input the 3 atk buttons.

Baiken FRC windows (source):
Tatami: Frames 23-26 (4 frames)
Air Tatami: Frames 18-19 (2 frames)
j.D: Frames 9-11 (3 frames)
Youzansen: Frames 3-4 (2 frames)

2 frames is about as tight as it gets for FRC's, but all of Baiken's FRC's have the benefit of being really rhythmic (instead of super-delayed like Dizzy's 2-frame ice spike FRC). Practice a lot and you'll get it down. Since the start of this year I've gone from hitting I-No's 2-frame Chemical Love FRC 10% of the time to 90% of the time. Just boils down to muscle memory.

EDIT: One other tip for fast FRC's like Youzansen. Don't try to learn the timing raw. You're never going to use it like that. Practice this instead:

close S > jump-cancel > Youzansen > FRC

Onemic

Damn, it's what I thought. The frames to cancel the Youzansen FRC is faster than the j.D. The air tatami isn't much of a problem even though it's 2 frames because I get a little breathing room before I need to FRC, but with Yousanzen being 2 frames and being even faster than j.D is gonna make it a toughie. I'll try practicing it the way you mentioned. When you played Baiken how quickly did you input the FRC?

Also whenever I see your avatar I think that GG may be on GGPO and then I remember that it's not the case. You're shattering my dreams man. :(

Essay

I'll try practicing it the way you mentioned. When you played Baiken how quickly did you input the FRC?

Whoops, typo. I just tried it myself. The FRC is actually on frames 3-4... before the move even comes out. Because of that it's more like an advanced way of turning a jump cancel into an instant overhead j.K launcher for 25% tension instead of 50%. This is really advanced and I would focus on her other FRC's for now.

Also whenever I see your avatar I think that GG may be on GGPO and then I remember that it's not the case. You're shattering my dreams man. :(

Anytime. :p

Busaiku

Well, thanks to Aksys' amazingness, the tournament got even better!
So Mike and Aksys are donating a bunch of BlazBlue goodies to the cause.
So now we're getting 10 Juubei plushes and maybe 10-20 BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma posters!

So now 1st place for BlazBlue is guaranteed the Noel Nendroid, a Juubei plush, and a BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster.
If Koogy of Brokentier's ok with it, 2nd place will get the Fraternity shirt, a Juubei plush, and a BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster.
3rd place will receieve the Juubei plush and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster.

In addition, Mike said it's ok to spread it across the games, so Persona 4 Arena and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + winners will also receive a Juubei plush and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster, in addition to the prizes already established!
2nd place finishers in those games are also guaranteed the Juubei plush and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster!

So there'll still be a ton left even after all that, so I don't even know how to distribute them out from there...
Didn't expect this at all, so gonna need some suggestions, cause there are still a bunch.

If you haven't signed up yet, you really need to!

Why in the world would you ever assume it to take that long.
Seriously, I think you just like being pessimistic for no apparent reason.
Lowering your expectations makes it easier to feel less disappointed with the reality of the situation. I don't expect this any sooner than November. I'd love to be proven wrong.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why in the world would you ever assume it to take that long.
Seriously, I think you just like being pessimistic for no apparent reason.

This is Arc. "Spring" was announced last summer. This is nearly the end of summer for them launching in Japan and it took a good two or so months for the base game to launch in the west after the Japanese release.

I totally expect Arc to botch it again with +R's patch to the PS3 version. Will I be happy when it happens? Yes. Does this mean I'm happy with how long it's taken? Fuck no.

Essay

This is Arc. "Spring" was announced last summer. This is nearly the end of summer for them launching in Japan and it took a good two or so months for the base game to launch in the west after the Japanese release.

I totally expect Arc to botch it again with +R's patch to the PS3 version. Will I be happy when it happens? Yes. Does this mean I'm happy with how long it's taken? Fuck no.

It wasn't a 2-month wait for the 360 version. *shrug*

I think at worst we'll get it two weeks after the Japanese release. That might be a bit optimistic but i got a good a good feeling about this for some reason.

GooeyHeat

+R patch live on JP PSN.
Lobbies got the axe, though:
In addition, In our latest update, the following functions are not included. -Watching feature multiplayer entry to room player match Add Voice Chat (AV chat) Add Trophy This time, I made ​​a change from the contents which do not live up to the expectations of our, last, which had been announced , did not apologize.
-Google Translate of patch notes.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck man. For every hype news coming from ArcSys, they pull disappointing shit like this. I feel like the beaten wife in this relationship.

All my hype for this patch has pretty much dissappeared since it doesn't fix anything about the online. I guess messing around with all of Johnny's buff will still be fun at least.

Top Bottom