• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

ViciousDS

Banned
I kinda wish the guitar had 10 buttons so I would still have to move my hard up and down th guitar neck . . . That'd probably be too much to ask for of the average player, at least at first.

I'd have a better chance of learning how to shred on my real guitar at that point lol

antitrop

I kinda wish the guitar had 10 buttons so I would still have to move my hard up and down th guitar neck . . . That'd probably be too much to ask for of the average player, at least at first.
I think 2x4 would have been the sweet spot. I do plenty of moving around as it is, though, it's pretty impressive what they manage to get your fingers to do with this new setup.

Hawk I can only answer your second question, sort of. On PS4 I have my guitar and my mic plugged into a USB hub and it works fine. I don't see why it would be any different on an X1.

Hawk269

Hawk I can only answer your second question, sort of. On PS4 I have my guitar and my mic plugged into a USB hub and it works fine. I don't see why it would be any different on an X1.

Thanks!!! Can anyone else speak to being able to use a 3 port USB hub and 2 guitars and mic working fine?

Thanks again!

aro52

So my question about the above, can you use a USB hub that has 2-3 USB inputs and be able to use 2 Guitars and a Microphone? Would it work being fed off of just one of the Xbox One USB ports going into the hub?

I ordered this today from Amazon. Neuromancer is giving me hope that it will work on PS4 just fine!

Hawk, on your difficulty switching question... Hit one of the pause buttons (the tiny circles next to the Hero Power bar). It's right there in the menu.

That Avril Lavine song is so fucking repetitive.

Side note: anybody else feel like GHTV is pitting you against the 9 worst players it can find? I finished 1st in all of the GHTV songs I've played so far and it's not because I'm doing great.

FrsDvl

I envy you guys that can play advanced or expert. Damn this game is hard, previous Guitar Hero games onwas pretty good with expert, with this? Yeah, I can't even do advanced.

I just noticed that in the song catalog section of GHTV, every song has goals. The first goal is to get 3 stars, then it unlocks the next 2 goals. Beat those and it unlocks the last 2 goals.

Just highlight a song and wait a few seconds. It'll switch between the leaderboards and the goals.

How did I miss this? lol. Loving the game already..this just made me love it even more.

Well, with this, Rock Band 4, and the Rocksmith adapter I'm going to try to find tomorrow I will never have to buy another music game again.

aro52

It'd be neat if you could leave a GHTV channel running, and then hit a button to jump in on a song every now and then.

New, old school MTV anyone?!

It sounds like you just want to be playing Rocksmith lol

I mean, I can already play guitar just fine. But I have friends who love these games and I've always enjoyed the simulation of shredding on a 5 button neck. I'm glad this works . . . I just feel like I'll miss that extra movement.

Been playing for about an hour, and the game feels fun to play and I dig the cheesy live-action stuff, but man, the on-disc setlist is bad. I've already been subjected to Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte, Skrillex and Linkin Park.

Gonna be playing GHTV almost exclusively because that base setlist suuuuuucks.

fernoca

Don't touch the controller and the note highway disappears and it's just the music video.
Yep. And it seems you earn credits still that way. No experience though. So, unless they patch it, you can leave it on TV for hours and get tons of credit to spend in-game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yep. And it seems you earn credits still that way. No experience though. So, unless they patch it, you can leave it on TV for hours and get tons of credit to spend in-game.

Oh shit lol

Gonna be playing GHTV almost exclusively because that base setlist suuuuuucks.

I think thats the case for everyone here. And pretty much the game's intention anyway. Any future dlc will be GHTV stuff

ascully

GHTV is amazing, I just played 2 hours of songs that are mostly new to me but really interesting to play. The one I like the best is that Joe Satriani one it's amazing on expert.

Hawk269

Can you play 2 player in the main game? Me and my wife have tried and the only way for us both to play is to use quick play. We were able to play GHTV 2 players and Quickplay in Live mode, but could not figure out how to play together in the main mode.

And is there no base in the game? So if I want to play bass and my wife guitar is there such a mode in the game?

sonto340

It does kick you out to the main menu if there's no input for awhile though.

Also I never had the note highway just disappear. It just told me to Press any button to play with the highway still coming at me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw hows the battery situation? Man those GH2 (lol thats how long ago I havent played one) guitars ate batteries like a motherfucker

Can you play 2 player in the main game? Me and my wife have tried and the only way for us both to play is to use quick play. We were able to play GHTV 2 players and Quickplay in Live mode, but could not figure out how to play together in the main mode.

And is there no base in the game? So if I want to play bass and my wife guitar is there such a mode in the game?

No Bass

You can only play 2 player in Quickplay and GHTV. Not Career

Rhaknar

Today is not Friday. It is, in fact, Thursday.

Fuck

Anyone else having issue with a squeaky whammy bar... One of my guitars is really bad and very irritating when playing. Has anyone else had this issue and know a solution. Obviously some WD40 but I don't wanna crack it open and don't really wanna pack up both guitars and take it back to Gamestop.

My Whammy bar isn't squeaky but it's loose and limp like Moms Spaghetti. It sort of just falls over and points toward the ground. I don't whammy too much tho, so no biggie.

wilflare

checked with the Guitar Hero Live twitter on the prospect of having the game available as a digital download (PSN/XBL)

they replied they can't comment at this point :/
bleh

fernoca

checked with the Guitar Hero Live twitter on the prospect of having the game available as a digital download (PSN/XBL)

they replied they can't comment at this point :/
bleh
They could release it later, but seems they want to avoid confused costumers buying this and expecting their other guitars to work. No matter how many warnings, people don't read.

Activision did the same with Skylanders. After 5 years, it got an actual* digital release this year with Superchargers, on which you can use any portal.

*Wii owners of Trap Team got a voucher to get Trap Team on Wii U digitally. So that was the first, but only on Wii U.

Just a few more hours. Hopefully, everything works fine. With my luck, the guitar might arrive broken in half. :p

My package with game arrived at home... but yesterday my PS4 broke. This will be painful time, until they fix my console (bless EU regulations).

Foshy

Jumped right into Expert after the tutorial and got 5* on When You Were Young on my second try

Kinda surprised at how intuitive the 3x2 setup is.

T.O.P

Banned
Amazon just shipped my copy
giphy.gif

GH tomorrow, Halo 5 next week, Need For Speed the week after *feels good*

Dutch GAFers, has this been spotted in the wild yet? Am kinda hoping retailers will start selling early because waiting another day takes foreverrrrrr.

aro52

Just finished up all Live sets. While some of that music wasn't good, it was mostly enjoyable. I kinda like the live action stuff! :p Especially the last set of each show.

Now to focus on the real game... GHTV.

EDIT: But first, I let the credits run... twice... because Trophies.

Top Bottom