• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock |OT| Of GAF Doesn't Care About This Game

Deadstar said:
Not interested in this. I played the demo and am now done with Guitar Hero forever. The game has no spirit.
They never bothered to develop a fan base and cater to it.

It was only money hungry schemes that made you feel cheapened as a customer.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
peetfeet said:

I'm a Harmonix fan all the way, but Warriors of Rock objectively does have more songs that are good to play with the guitar controller. It's a fair statement.

peetfeet

Snuggler said:
I'm a Harmonix fan all the way, but Warriors of Rock objectively does have more songs that are good to play with the guitar controller. It's a fair statement.

Inc DLC?

Snowman said:
Love this game. It's like Rock Band but with loads more songs that are actually fun to play on guitar :D
On just guitar I will give you that much. But Rock Band does have more variety. I am just in awe at how far the GH franchise has fallen year after year. They have tweaked the engine each time, but it is still too loose. The art style gets worse and worse, and now this transformations crap.

They have been pulling out the stops of getting some huge and highly requested songs in the games (2112), but the gameplay engine and style of it just left too big of a sour taste in my mouth since World Tour. There are some very good gameplay features and tweaks they have, such as adjustable hyper speed and drop in/drop out gameplay though.

I am sad that the quality of the games and the milking of it has kinda drained the genre of its momentum, but also kinda glad it has as it has made it easier for me to keep up with only one game. It would be nice for the GH franchise to get back to the caliber of game it was in the first two, so that way RB had some really serious competition in quality, but I think it is too far gone into the Activision machine to be saved.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
peetfeet said:

Warriors of Rock set list vs. 1,037 Rock Band DLC songs

Tough choice

^ I don't even know what these "transformations" are, but even with morbid curiosity factored in, I don't want to know

elektrixx

Banned
You guys suck. Guitar Hero is awesome, especially with the Metallica import.

What does suck though is that the full band kit features the 5checter and the Band Hero drum kit. The packaging is much smaller than my World Tour kit was.

Snuggler said:

This is whats up, I'd play RB over GH any day, but WoR easily has the best on disc setlist. I've already played it more than I thought I would.

And you can finally play GH metallica without it playing like a piece of shit, god damn that WT engine was awful.

PhoncipleBone said:
Add up all exports and DLC that works in the new Guitar Hero.

The number is still insanely low compared to the Rock Band list.

600 Vs. 2000. On the one hand, yeah that's low. On the other, you can instantly take away RBN stuff on account of nobody even knowing the bands, and then it becomes less awful by comparison.

butter_stick said:
600 Vs. 2000. On the one hand, yeah that's low. On the other, you can instantly take away RBN stuff on account of nobody even knowing the bands, and then it becomes less awful by comparison.
600 franchise total, or 600 tracks that will actually work in the new game?

Chris R

Wait this just came out? A local store had copies the Tuesday move came out (and no move stuff :( ) I didnt buy it though due to it being over $10.

They are still pumping out Guitar Hero games yearly? The last one I played was 4, I bought it for 50 bucks and 2 hours later deeply regretted my purchase ={ I played the heck out of GH3, but they didn't change the interface, char design and etc much and the game just grew plain sick on me :{

Grecco

PhoncipleBone said:
Add up all exports and DLC that works in the new Guitar Hero.

The number is still insanely low compared to the Rock Band list.

I know right. Kinda like if one of them had a head start on this DLC buisness ahead of the other?

What iteration is this? Somewhere in the 20's

I will be getting this game for sure. Better track list IMO, plus an actual career mode. I also really liked the challenges in last years game.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
didn't I read somewhere that you can import GH 5 songs into this game for free? That's pretty cool, I guess.

This thread needs more

fqpEY.gif

U2NUMB

I am actually enjoying the game so far.. its another guitar hero game no doubt but I am enjoying the setlist.

jkanownik

MMaRsu said:
But seriously, why would someone purchase this if you have RB2?

For me the best parts of GH are quickplay, multiples of instruments, and exclusive songs.

I have 387 songs available in GH6 (plus I think I've got a few more to unlock on the disk) and ~350 available in RB2. I've go some people coming over this weekend to play and we'll start off on GH6 since it is new. With all of the disk imports and the DLC I have I doubt we'll switch over games.

Not that I would mind if they ask to switch over. I'm interested to find out how many DLC songs I have downloaded for RB and never played. After finishing Lego Rock Band and Green Day I've been playing GH5 exclusively for awhile because I was working on the 100 quickplay songs achievement. RB3 will most likely blow me away when I get it because of all the "new" songs I'll have. I have no idea which ones weren't showing up in Lego Rock Band.

Anyone know if they increased the playlist size in GH6? The 100 song limit in GH5 was a pain because I couldn't set up a single playlist with the songs my wife knew well enough to sing.

Fularu

Banned
The amount of trolling in this thread is staggering

I played the game yesterday at a kiosk, after skipping 5 (no time to play) I'm getting this one for sure. Tons of rock tracks, songs I want to play on guitar and an over the top career mode

I was sold after 20 mins of play

G.O.O.

The super power thing is nice, as well as the presentation they did for 2112.

But god fucking dammit, they need to STOP making us play keyboard/synth notes on the guitar. Bohemian Rhapsody is RIDICULOUS.

Nisa65

The game is actually a lot better than World Tour and Guitar Hero 5, especially for expert guitar players. Worth buying for 2112 and the Megadeth stuff alone. Surprisingly Sudden Death is actually not as hard as This Day We Fight, which you play directly before Sudden Death towards the end of quest mode.

G.O.O. said:
The super power thing is nice, as well as the presentation they did for 2112.

But god fucking dammit, they need to STOP making us play keyboard/synth notes on the guitar. Bohemian Rhapsody is RIDICULOUS.
The alternatives are playing nothing (worse) or not including the song (worse). The song is a blast to sing and drum. Just think of it as being NO PART on guitar if it bugs you.

Or play bass.

G.O.O.

I would prefer not including the song, honestly. I expect this game to be (sort of) immersive, and this kind of shit succeeds very well at reminding me I'm playing piano on a toy guitar.

But I guess I'm pissed because I don't have a battery or mic. Yet I'd like songs to be chosen for their balance of all instruments (especially in guitar hero), not because they're popular. I love Bohemian Rhapsody, I love Wish, but both are crappy to play.

SuomiDude

I thought I wouldn't need anymore Guitar Hero after Guitar Hero 3 and Metallica, but this sounds very good. The song list is big (I don't really use online, so DLC doesn't matter to me) and sounds great. I still think the GH3 engine is the best, but Metallica is close. So how does this game compares to those?

coamithra

butter_stick said:
The alternatives are playing nothing (worse) or not including the song (worse). The song is a blast to sing and drum. Just think of it as being NO PART on guitar if it bugs you.

Or play bass.
Someone should bring out a keyboard peripheral for these songs.

U2NUMB

thiscoldblack said:
Released so far for consoles: 2 main games, 2 band-centric games and 1 spin-off game.

Yeah, almost 14.

You could count the track packs which were all released on disc form.

thiscoldblack said:
Released so far for consoles: 2 main games, 2 band-centric games and 1 spin-off game.

Yeah, almost 14.
If GH:SH counts, RB Country track pack counts. Alternative distribution methods don't change products existing. As far as the target audience for those track packs (morons without Internet access) are concerned, they're games.

butter_stick said:
If GH:SH counts, RB Country track pack counts. Alternative distribution methods don't change products existing. As far as the target audience for those track packs (morons without Internet access) are concerned, they're games.

Considering GH:SH has a full 1000 achievement points and the Track Packs have 250, I would say you are completely wrong.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Affeinvasion said:
Considering GH:SH has a full 1000 achievement points and the Track Packs have 250, I would say you are completely wrong.

Also, considering that you can download all the track pack songs individually (or often in packs) as DLC, it makes the Track Packs exactly what they purport to be... track packs.

The only exception there is AC/DC. As such, I consider it a separate band entry like Green Day & Beatles, even though Harmonix probably wouldn't want to count it. Considering there was obviously no effort put into the production of that disc, and that they would have put it up as DLC if AC/DC weren't such backward hicks about digital distribution, I can't say I blame them.

Affeinvasion said:
Such a strange argument. It's like saying an XBLA game isn't a game. It's not a slur on RB, GH should copy the track packs thing. It's good value for money and considering I read 6% of console owners downloaded DLC in the last month, it's smart.

bryehn

rented this...

sound quality is uhm, sketchy in the first tier.

presentation is actually decent, all onscreen info is easy to see

no scores in quest mode

that's all i've got for now, but yup it's a gh game.

bryehn

is there any way to get the dpad to not strum? i play on lefty flip using a gh:wt guitar so i hit the dpad all the time :/

Top Bottom