• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock |OT| Of GAF Doesn't Care About This Game

It ain't just GAF that doesn't care about this game. Damn . . . this thing bombed even harder than I thought it would. Not a single version in the Amazon top 100. Ouch.

Jb

So the question is: will we have another GH game next fall? Are they cheap enough to make to keep releasing them, even if they dont do so well sales-wise?

Jay-B said:
So the question is: will we have another GH game next fall? Are they cheap enough to make to keep releasing them, even if they dont do so well sales-wise?
Well Vicarious Visions have taken over the game, so at least one more game is inevitable. If they do too poorly it's not hard to cut costs on this shit. RB1 to RB2 was apparently a 4 month dev cycle or some shit.

Grecco

ElNarez said:
That's for the main franchise. Counting all the spinoffs, I think we're at 14.

Guitar Hero 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen

Thats 9. I think your math is a little off.

Are we counting 1? Or that 80s hits one that HMX did? Trying to understand your troll

Grecco said:
Guitar Hero Smash Hits

Are we counting 1? Or that 80s hits one that HMX did? Trying to understand your troll

Not sure if serious.

The original comment was in regards to the number of console entries in the GH franchise. not sequels. entries. So yes, Guitar hero 1 is an entry, as is Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s- not sure why "HMX did it" means much of anything, since they also did 1 and 2.

You also left out Band Hero, which despite the name is widely considered to be a spinoff of the guitar hero franchise.

So with Guitar Hero, 2, Rocks the 80s, 3, World Tour, Band Hero, 5, Smash Hits, Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen, and 6 we're up to 12.

You can hit 14 if you include DJ hero 1 and 2- but both are different enough from the guitar hero franchise that it doesn't really make sense to include them as "spinoffs" even if you CAN use the guitar controller for a few songs.

Grecco said:
Guitar Hero Smash Hits

There's 17 Hero games. More if you count the Mobile/iOS games

forrest

formerly nacire
I still prefer GH to RB, but this is one I won't be buying. I'm just a bit burned on music games at the moment.

Grecco

We are seriously considering DJ Hero as GH games? :lol Mobile games? Really guys more deseprate than anything. (also theres portable/mobile Rock Band Games if you guys didnt know)

Fularu

Banned
Grecco said:
We are seriously considering DJ Hero as GH games? :lol Mobile games? Really guys more deseprate than anything. (also theres portable/mobile Rock Band Games if you guys didnt know)
They're here to troll. Just don't feed them

corkscrewblow said:
Green Day: Rock Band
Rock Band 3

vs.

Guitar Hero 6

surely everything is Activision's fault.

You forget, last year was Guitar Hero 5, Guitar Hero: Van Halen, and Band Hero vs. Beatles Rock Band and Lego Rock Band.

Chris R

Anyone have a channel that has DIRECT FEED video of songs on youtube? Every single video I try to search for is some shitty ass cam quality with stupid loud ass strumming and low song volume. The main source of RB videos I watch isn't getting the game :(

Nisa65 said:
The game is actually a lot better than World Tour and Guitar Hero 5, especially for expert guitar players. Worth buying for 2112 and the Megadeth stuff alone. Surprisingly Sudden Death is actually not as hard as This Day We Fight, which you play directly before Sudden Death towards the end of quest mode.

Thanks for this information. I liked GH5 a lot and the import of the Metallica Tracks is really attractive, but I have alreay overspent my game budget. This is a hard choice I really planned to buy this title later on.

For me it´s GH all the way after the treatment AC/DC got in that Rock Band game, the engine in GH Metallica may not be optimal, but as a tribute to the band and all the extra artists it is still miles ahead. AC/DC deserved better than that piece of shit.

Alcibiades

I know Guitar Hero gets bashed here a lot, but one thing you can say that is great is the number of songs you can import (although it sucks that there are a TON of songs that still aren't importable from World Tour and Smash Hits, hopefully they are working on that).

Right now, I have over 200 songs in Band Hero after importing tracks from Guitar Hero 5, World Tour, and Smash Hits. Plus, I'm going to add another 39 soon from Metallica. This is without having purchased a single downloadable track.

I'll have 300+ songs once I get Warriors of Rock. For parties, this is a really great, because it is ideal to have a really long song list having paid the least amount possible. I never paid full price for any of the games, and the import fees make it so that for less than $25 you have a massive collection right away.

Give Red Octane credit, especially since Harmonix doesn't seem to know left from right when it comes to working on the Wii.

Any word on the dlc? First week had a Soundgarden best of but no individual tracks. I want like 3, not 11 songs. This week was zilch, GH5 had a handful of off weeks but nothing like this.

Nothing announced. Activision are lazy.

We know Linkin Park are coming at some point this month (I can't remember the date). BE EXCITE

My defense of Guitar Hero mainly comes down to songs it gets that RB doesn't (or just hasn't yet). Stuff like Springsteen, Pavement, You Got The Touch...and now this. I hope Rock Band gets the whole album one day though.

I might go pick this up at Costco to check out the new guitar, especially hearing the good things about it in here. My old GH4 guitar can only do up strokes now. :(

LakeEarth

Skiptastic said:
I might go pick this up at Costco to check out the new guitar, especially hearing the good things about it in here. My old GH4 guitar can only do up strokes now. :(
Yeah after 5 guitars I'm done buying them (2 completely broken, the other 2 with problems, the other one the RB1 crap guitar). My GH3 one has to have rubber bands connecting the detachable neck to the body so that the contacts will touch, but its still the best one I got.

bryehn

Skiptastic said:

The new guitar is great, especially for us lefty-flippers. As long as you won't miss the touch strip of course.

I actually posted a short review on my site yesterday. Not much to say honestly aside from the fact it's solid. Great upgrade to my old GHWT guitar.

Oh, and the end of Quest Mode was pretty tough, seemed to come out of nowhere because there isn't really a set difficulty progression.

I thought the game was pretty good and the on-disc setlist is one of the best yet, but still not even close enough to make me jump ship from RB.

bryehn said:
The new guitar is great, especially for us lefty-flippers. As long as you won't miss the touch strip of course.

Don't give a crap about the touch strip, so this is good news. Not a lefty flipper though.

Just trying to decide whether I want to spend 100 dollars on the game and guitar or whether I want to just go to a local shop and get another GHWT guitar for $25. :/

LakeEarth said:
Yeah after 5 guitars I'm done buying them (2 completely broken, the other 2 with problems, the other one the RB1 crap guitar). My GH3 one has to have rubber bands connecting the detachable neck to the body so that the contacts will touch, but its still the best one I got.

I'm with you there, man. I've bought too many damn guitars over the years. Just trying to get to my perfect two guitars, one drums combo with my Lips microphones.

B-Dex

Rocky Horror track pack this Tuesday!

Time Warp
Sweet Transvestite and Hot Patootie!

Can't wait. (it's weird cause I just told my roomie there needs to be rocky horror in GH or RB)

Something else for people who have bought the full set here: any word on drums? I saw a video about them and I'd be interested in picking up a solo drum set for this. (I broke down and bought a GH5 guitar used for $25 bucks to replace my broken GHWT guitar)

The GH5 drums are supposed to be better than the original ones. I've seen them included in the band sets for WoR but it's $175. I don't think they sell them standalone.

vg260

painful fart said:
For me it´s GH all the way after the treatment AC/DC got in that Rock Band game, the engine in GH Metallica may not be optimal, but as a tribute to the band and all the extra artists it is still miles ahead. AC/DC deserved better than that piece of shit.

You can't necessarily fault Harmonix. Maybe that's all AC/DC would let them do. They're pretty averse to digital content. That might have been the best Harmonix was able to squeeze out of them. The treatment they got could very well have been as result of AC/DC's own stubbornness.

The WoR drums are actually functional and not shitty, unlike the GHWT drums. I've had the Band Hero set (same thing) since last year and they're great.

butter_stick said:
The WoR drums are actually functional and not shitty, unlike the GHWT drums. I've had the Band Hero set (same thing) since last year and they're great.

Band Hero drums = Warriors of Rock drums? Hmmm, might look to pick up Band Hero drums on sale then somewhere...

The video I saw on the Warriors of Rock drums looked really spiffy. Double bass drum pedals don't need the splitter, nice round cymbals, and as long as it doesn't keep fucking up like my other drumsets do (always seems like hitting two things at the same time is spotty on recognition ;_;) then I'm down for picking that up.

jgkspsx

I want GH for many of the songs. A small percentage, but quite a few. But the interface/front end/graphics are so appalling and so cheesy that I never quite get the motivation. WoR is probably the worst offender yet.

Can you export WoR so that the songs can be played on GH5?

Wow, how lame. It only took a couple weeks for this thing to drop in price by $20. I didn't pay a lot for it in the first place due to Amazon.com promotional credits, but it sucks to see a price drop so much after such a short time.

Top Bottom