• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock |OT| Of GAF Doesn't Care About This Game

Stormwatch said:
Wow, how lame. It only took a couple weeks for this thing to drop in price by $20. I didn't pay a lot for it in the first place due to Amazon.com promotional credits, but it sucks to see a price drop so much after such a short time.
It doesn't take a genius to guess the price of a GH game may drop quickly in 2010.

Stormwatch said:
Wow, how lame. It only took a couple weeks for this thing to drop in price by $20. I didn't pay a lot for it in the first place due to Amazon.com promotional credits, but it sucks to see a price drop so much after such a short time.
To be fair, it's a Gold Box deal, but still.

jgkspsx

Sooo. RB Beatles + 3 cymbal kit will work with this? And the 360 wireless mic? This could be a great way to pick up a second guitar...

(Goodness what a terrible tracklist, though.)

EDIT: Band Hero bundle at Best Buy put on hold for $60. Woohoo! Just need to sell the drums...

I guess I will wait for this to sink below $20. There are really only about ten songs I would enjoy playing.

Alcibiades

well, I bit on the $70 guitar/game deal...

I know in a few months I'll probably be able to get it cheaper, but I wanted to be able to download the Rocky Horror DLC, and I'm hoping to get in on the free Metallica import while I still can...

I've already imported GH5, World Tour, and Smash Hits songs into Band Hero (as well as Band Hero songs into GH5), so I should have a healthy 300+ setlist when I get Warriors of Rock and import Metallica.

Alcibiades said:
well, I bit on the $70 guitar/game deal...

I know in a few months I'll probably be able to get it cheaper, but I wanted to be able to download the Rocky Horror DLC, and I'm hoping to get in on the free Metallica import while I still can...

I've already imported GH5, World Tour, and Smash Hits songs into Band Hero (as well as Band Hero songs into GH5), so I should have a healthy 300+ setlist when I get Warriors of Rock and import Metallica.
Free Metallica ended a few weeks ago, didn't it?

Also: *The free Guitar Hero Metallica import offer will only be available to US Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners.

Alcibiades

allegate said:
Free Metallica ended a few weeks ago, didn't it?

Also: *The free Guitar Hero Metallica import offer will only be available to US Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners.
they extended the offer "while supplies last" (whatever that means, lol)

http://hub.guitarhero.com/metallicaimport/

I have Guitar Hero for both 360 and Wii, currently have more imported on 360 (although eventually hope to have them match).

Manmademan said:
Not sure if serious.

The original comment was in regards to the number of console entries in the GH franchise. not sequels. entries. So yes, Guitar hero 1 is an entry, as is Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s- not sure why "HMX did it" means much of anything, since they also did 1 and 2.

You also left out Band Hero, which despite the name is widely considered to be a spinoff of the guitar hero franchise.

So with Guitar Hero, 2, Rocks the 80s, 3, World Tour, Band Hero, 5, Smash Hits, Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen, and 6 we're up to 12.

You can hit 14 if you include DJ hero 1 and 2- but both are different enough from the guitar hero franchise that it doesn't really make sense to include them as "spinoffs" even if you CAN use the guitar controller for a few songs.

You forgot the three On Tour games.

Ingeniero

One quick question:

I am thinking of buying GH WOR for Xbox 360 but I want to know for sure about the instruments compatibility with other band games.

Can I use guitar/bass, mic and drums from WOR for rock band ? I suppose the instruments will work fine with all the previous Guitar Hero games but I want to be sure.

It´s very important for me that I can use WOR instruments with:

Guitar Hero MetallicA
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Green Day Rockband
Rock Band 3

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Regards.

Top Bottom