• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

I think when I start I'll go up the tiers and see which suit clicks with me. Thankfully there is single player to try out the controls and suits vs AI.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
3K double team, for high-risk, high reward.

Because 3Ks are generally well-rounded superior suits with no weaknesses, you'll typically see more reward than risk.
Destiny + 00 Quan[T] team of death

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I find I'm always worried about being a 'burden' by choosing a high cost unit when I'm worse than my partner. Anyone else fear that kind of thing? Or am I being paranoid?

Maybe.

On one hand you die twice you lose.

On the other hand you have more health, better boost performance and higher damage. So you can make more mistakes, and your hits count for more when you do something right.

Also 3000 suits are generally the ones you want to die first in the death order. Id think itd be potentially more frustrating for the 3000 suit to be put into cost over because their 2000 partner fucked up and died first than the other way around.

But idk I'm probably over thinking things. I'm a newbie myself.

Best thing to do is just play what you want. That's what I'm gonna do

That would require Treize's being popular :(

He almost never places in Wing fan polls and they didn't even give his Tallgeese a proper MG release despite it being the TG featured in the climax of Wing.
mBEbGgn.png

They're polling the wrong fans.

Shouta

Question. For 2v2 with people, what two costs do players generally choose when choosing units on forming a team?

Depends on play-style and experience. 3k/3k or 3k/2.5k was very common for EXVS because of system stuff and general unit strength but it seems as 3k/2k (the more dominant team comp for Next, the iteration prior to EXVS) will be more prominent for FB because of system changes. For beginners, I'd recommend a 2k/2k composition with the more well-rounded suits to ease them into the game because it gives them 2 full lives to battle with and no overcost. Then moving on to 2.5k/3k suits as you get more comfortable.

3k suits are the best overall but a well-oiled team of 2ks or even 1ks can ruin a 3k player's day and end the match quickly which is the risk of running a high cost suit.

DunpealD

Question. For 2v2 with people, what two costs do players generally choose when choosing units on forming a team?

3K double team, for high-risk, high reward.

Because 3Ks are generally well-rounded superior suits with no weaknesses, you'll typically see more reward than risk.

I don't think there is a general rule of thumb when forming a team. Unless you want to go pro or playing team hold choose whichever suit you want to play.

Also for you information, in gundamgaf/gafgundam as far as I remember the usual play mode is shuffle thus no teams are formed and it's not unusal for people to just use random select for fun.

But if you're a beginner I wouldn't recommend a double 3K team. The moment one of you dies, most of the time it'll become double lock hell. Maybe 2.5k and 1k isn't too bad, since both can die once and keep full HP without overcost.

Rhapsody

Banned
Depends on play-style and experience. 3k/3k or 3k/2.5k was very common for EXVS because of system stuff and general unit strength but it seems as 3k/2k (the more dominant team comp for Next, the iteration prior to EXVS) will be more prominent for FB because of system changes. For beginners, I'd recommend a 2k/2k composition with the more well-rounded suits to ease them into the game because it gives them 2 full lives to battle with and no overcost. Then moving on to 2.5k/3k suits as you get more comfortable.

3k suits are the best overall but a well-oiled team of 2ks or even 1ks can ruin a 3k player's day and end the match quickly which is the risk of running a high cost suit.
I see. As long as different combinations are all viable, I'm fine with that.

It'll at least let me take my time using different mobile suits and familiarize myself with the game before thinking of team compositions seriously.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Most people in GAF rooms completely ignore team composition when playing with each other, because we only make Shuffle rooms, which pairs people up randomly.

Team composition only really matters once you start playing in tryhard Team Hold (static teams) rooms.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Team composition only really matters once you start playing in tryhard Team Hold (static teams) rooms.

That's not a bad goal to have though.

I want to play ranked eventually

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
Gonna be doing a bit of practice in Extreme vs to get ready for full boost. I know there are a lot of changes but currently it's going a bit over my head as to what they are due to the jargon.

Not the basic ones but the more in depth look people have.

It's ok, we can learn together lol. I never played this seriously before (or 2v2 with real people for that matter).
I'm just looking to have fun and learn along the way.

Yep, me too. I've thought about going back to EXVS but with this coming soon I figured I'd just wait for that.

1emons

Neo Member
Does anyone know if the the Premium G Edition comes with a physical soundtrack or is it just in-game?

I can't believe I'm spending so much money on this game...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
finally got time to turn on the PS3 again and added info to the PSN list.

will have to add in everyone too.

Coxy

Honestly you can just play what you like, as long as you factor in overcost it should work out somewhat ok

1ks are totally viable and fun to play as, dont worry that they're some kinda crappy suits

The suit selection might seem overwhelming at first but you'll soon find a playstyle that suits you and then a smaller selection of suits that fill that role

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've decided to buy the MS I'm planning to main and here's the result;
No I don't have any choice.
I don't think there is a general rule of thumb when forming a team. Unless you want to go pro or playing team hold choose whichever suit you want to play.
I'm no pro, but I feel that the guide linked in the OP explains the pros and cons of various cost combinations really well.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I mainly play 2.5k or 3k. Mostly because most of the Gundams I like are those costs.

TehWhite

Neo Member
is it me or does nippon yassan change the price for there games constantly. i rem fullboost being $62 then i checked 2 days ago it was $64.. now i actually want to purchase it ... the site says $66....whats up with that..

Parakeetman

is it me or does nippon yassan change the price for there games constantly. i rem fullboost being $62 then i checked 2 days ago it was $64.. now i actually want to purchase it ... the site says $66....whats up with that..

Granted it hasnt changed that drastically, perhaps exchange rates?

NEO0MJ

I've decided to buy the MS I'm planning to main and here's the result;

No I don't have any choice.

I myself decided to finally pick up a kit because of Extreme VS.

I always wanted to buy the MG kit of The O but could never pull the trigger until I reached maximum hype for the mech because of the game. Anyone else who has a kit of his favorite mech?

Maybe if I like EX-S enough in this game I'll finally get the willpower necessary to build its kit, which has been sitting in the closet for close to two years now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anyone else who has a kit of his favorite mech?
I really wanted to play as Red Frame, my all time favorite (if we count the design, I know almost nothing about it), but it's in the gutter tier + melee, so no way I'm going to do anything productive with it.
I like Gold Frame as well, but sadly his potential is similar to Red's...
Copypaste from the Gundam thread, Kai is MG, Gold is HG.

I blame college books for why I'm not in on this madness yet. EXVS was so damn fun so I'm gonna try to get this whenever I can. (shining) fingers crossed!

Anyone else who has a kit of his favorite mech?

Sure do, I got kits of my three big favorites (Deathscythe Hell, Unicorn, Kshatriya)

1/144 HG Kshatriya is surprisingly expensive sometimes. Also I have a Banshee I need to finish building.

Parakeetman

Ohh I guess. I purchased it anyway. I was afraid it'll go any higher =/ . makes a diff when ur going with fed ex Lol

Yeah hard thing is ERs depend on whatever said company uses to convert. So rates might be higher or lower depending on their service that they use, which would explain the fluctuation or at least thats the first thing Id think of.

Its why doing an "import" type of business is so difficult, is being at the mercy of exchange rates.

JKTrix

I have a MG F91 (one of my top fave suits) but I'm saving it until I'm a Gunpla expert. Have plenty of kits to practice on though, working on a RG Mk2 right this second.

kollapse

Neo Member
I'm no pro, but I feel that the guide linked in the OP explains the pros and cons of various cost combinations really well.

Sorry to derail the gunpla discussion (I'm just secretly jealous of all of you), but I think it's with stressing how crucial the guide linked in the OP and Hasemo's post here is. I had no idea on so much of this stuff (e.g. philosophy behind some suit selection; the importance of remembering always that it is 2v2; etc), and I think it's required reading for anyone new at the game.

Sorry, back to gunpla.

lonely

Gunpla you say!
Tell me when this guy is added as DLC and my perfect gundam game will be realised.
Sorry for the terrible picture, quick and dirty, but here is my favorite Gundam. Star Build Stike!

Sorry to derail the gunpla discussion (I'm just secretly jealous of all of you), but I think it's with stressing how crucial the guide linked in the OP and Hasemo's post here is. I had no idea on so much of this stuff (e.g. philosophy behind some suit selection; the importance of remembering always that it is 2v2; etc), and I think it's required reading for anyone new at the game.

Sorry, back to gunpla.
Focus on learning how to travel and attack properly, then you can start really delving into those strategies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Movement is sooooooooooo much more important than all that other stuff.

Luigi87

Not everyone has a spray booth in their house, or is crazy enough to paint by hand.

So this. If I had an airbrush and compressor, I'd likely buy a lot of HG kits for fun...

... *stares at MG Nu page on AmiAmi* Why couldn't they have ver. Ka =(

Bah *goes back to reading guide related stuff from the OP*

Beckx

So this. If I had an airbrush and compressor, I'd likely buy a lot of HG kits for fun...

... *stares at MG Nu page on AmiAmi* Why couldn't they have ver. Ka =(

Bah *goes back to reading guide related stuff from the OP*

Hobbylink Japan is getting restocked on ver. Ka in March.

Top Bottom