• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Hot damn... i'm not even into Gundam, but the amazing OT mentioning of the footsies and how the game is pretty damn competitive got me interested, after checking this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_q2-MzOs1o i was sold.

Thanks donkey show
Glad I could help :) Hope you enjoy it!

That second match with banshee is a proper example of backing off due to the health disadvantage.
God, they sure talk a whole lot.
Welcome to Gundam. xD

NEO0MJ

All those wonderful Gunpla <3

1/144 HG Kshatriya is surprisingly expensive sometimes. Also I have a Banshee I need to finish building.

Even though it's an HG kit the Kshatriya is a large and bulky mech so it's no wonder the kit was expensive for an HG.

Sorry to derail the gunpla discussion (I'm just secretly jealous of all of you)

You can always pick up an HG kit. Easy to build and won't take much time, especially if you buy a relatively modern one.

Gunpla you say!
Tell me when this guy is added as DLC and my perfect gundam game will be realised.
Sorry for the terrible picture, quick and dirty, but here is my favorite Gundam. Star Build Stike!

I bet if Bandai knew how popular Build was gonna be they'd have told the devs to delay Age and add Build Strike instead.

Yarp. Hell, being able to run away properly is one of the most useful things in the game.

I still have trouble avoiding homing shots when running away :(

Not everyone has a spray booth in their house, or is crazy enough to paint by hand.

Yeah. And if I try to paint outside the air will leave a lot of dust sticking with the paint, which will ruin the kit. I tried painting by hand but I only ended up ruining my HG Z-Gok and Hygogg ;_;
Because of that I only panel lined my The O kit and did some light painting to details such as the red cables and the purple bumps in it's legs.

Beckx

I bet if Bandai knew how popular Build was gonna be they'd have told the devs to delay Age and add Build Strike instead.

God, if only they had done this. I'm still kind of stunned how good Build is, more stunned given that I thought the concept was awful when I first heard it. Maybe a warning that I was in danger of becoming a jaded Gundam fan.

The kits are really nice, too, my daughter got a Wing Fenice and it's cool as hell.

I still have trouble avoiding homing shots when running away :(

Gotta do something that breaks homing, like sidestep.

NEO0MJ

God, if only they had done this. I'm still kind of stunned how good Build is, more stunned given that I thought the concept was awful when I first heard it. Maybe a warning that I was in danger of becoming a jaded Gundam fan.

The kits are really nice, too, my daughter got a Wing Fenice and it's cool as hell.

Was the kit for her or for you :3

I know, but it's the combo of boosting back and side-stepping while running away that I can't always seem to get right.

NEO0MJ

REBORNS CANNON

I'm spamming the hell out of that when I play. :3 2 more days until preload!

I really hate its design. I thought it was bad enough when transforming suits were just robots lying on their backs/stomach with their wings folded but then Reborns came in and was all "look at me, I'm wearing a novelty mask on the back of my head and now I'm an entirely different mecha!"

Personally I'm most excited to check out EX-S gundam, really hope it's a fun and strong unit.

C-Drive

Added my info to the spreadsheet. I'll try to go through and get everyone added soon. I'll be on a delay anyways waiting for my physical copy.

I'll mostly be available to hand out guaranteed wins for all opponents on weeknights.

Even though it's an HG kit the Kshatriya is a large and bulky mech so it's no wonder the kit was expensive for an HG.

Yeah you do have a point there. I can't say I took size too much into account when looking at prices aside from obviously certain grades being larger than others.

I really wanted to play as Red Frame, my all time favorite (if we count the design, I know almost nothing about it), but it's in the gutter tier + melee, so no way I'm going to do anything productive with it.
I like Gold Frame as well, but sadly his potential is similar to Red's...
Copypaste from the Gundam thread, Kai is MG, Gold is HG.

zk8bnx0.jpg
Please slap on the decals, it looks so plain without them :(

Game looks like fun, but do you guys think navigating the menus is gonna be hard? I ask because I bought MS Record U.C.0081 and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. As fun as they are, half the time I'm completely lost in the menus or on what to do so I gradually lost interest and stopped playing them.

^ LOLOLOLOL masterasiadead.gif

Game looks like fun, but do you guys think navigating the menus is gonna be hard? I ask because I bought MS Record U.C.0081 and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. As fun as they are, half the time I'm completely lost in the menus or on what to do so I gradually lost interest and stopped playing them.

Not hard at all. If it's anything like EXVS (and from what they've shown so far they've made navigation much easier) this is a cakewalk for even non Japanese readers, which it already was in EXVS. The main menu of Full Boost is entirely in English.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Do you guys normally play on fight sticks?

I do.

Truthfully if you dont want to kill your analog sticks having a fight stick is a good thing lol

Not my pic but have one of these. Hori Real Arcade Pro V3-SA. With the DS3 there gives a good idea of the size of the thing. Fantastic stick.

Its too bad I cant use "the tank" with the PS3 since its the 360 version or I would have been using that instead. Have not used that damned thing in ages. Its so well built though I swear it could stop a tank shell if you shot it with one lol.

Luigi87

Oh, that brings up something I've been meaning to ask. Is there a preference (IE: what does the arcade use). Square or Octagonal gate? (I own both, but a default square in my Q4RAF)

Official Topic, you've done your job yet again. I just preordered even though I am pretty bad at Extreme Vs., hoping to get better at this version. Best part is that it's only a couple of days away!

Yay!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright guys. I think I'll bite and order this. Seems like Amiami is much cheaper than Play-Asia. Which is the best/fastest shipping from there?

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
Do you guys normally play on fight sticks?

I personally play on a pad because I enjoy being able to set each shoulder button to a different combination (Also because I sold my fight stick), and because it just felt more comfortable in general.

I personally play on a pad because I enjoy being able to set each shoulder button to a different combination (Also because I sold my fight stick), and because it just felt more comfortable in general.

Something just occurred to me, if you have a shortcut macro button set, can you have a charge button held (csA/csB) and still use the maneuver mapped to the macro button that normally requires the button being held?

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
Something just occurred to me, if you have a shortcut macro button set, can you have a charge button held (csA/csB) and still use the maneuver mapped to the macro button that normally requires the button being held?

Just tested this because I wasn't sure.
No, holding down a button assigned to A and B will not let you use A or B individually. But, the A or B will still charge, and can still be used from the macro assigned button.

Luigi87

Hm, HLJ prices (especially with how crappy the Canadian dollar is right now) + shipping costs made MG v-Gundam ver. ka gunpla a bit too rich for my blood...
... So ordered MG Hi-Nu from AmiAmi instead o_o

...<3 Gundam. Hate how I'll likely not get this game until the weekend after release.

Parakeetman

Man if theres one thing I hope the next game has for the free mode is just endless rounds. Basically win a round and it goes onto a next one instead of having to either choose rematch or back to select screen.

Beth Cyra

Hm, HLJ prices (especially with how crappy the Canadian dollar is right now) + shipping costs made MG v-Gundam ver. ka gunpla a bit too rich for my blood...
... So ordered MG Hi-Nu from AmiAmi instead o_o

...<3 Gundam. Hate how I'll likely not get this game until the weekend after release.

You might want to check hobbywave.com. They usually sell the V Ver Ka for dirt cheap. I grabbed mine (still had the 30th Ann Clear Parts) for 38. Plus they actually are located in Canada if I remember right.

In fact I just checked the site. They still have it. Really good deal for the Victory Ver Ka, so long as you don't want V-Dash pack. Honestly I think V Dash is ugly, but the add on is cheap these days.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man if theres one thing I hope the next game has for the free mode is just endless rounds. Basically win a round and it goes onto a next one instead of having to either choose rematch or back to select screen.

Call to your Bamco deities harder mang.

Parakeetman

Call to your Bamco deities harder mang.

Makes it a bit of a hassle to practice otherwise. Kinda odd that it doesnt do that as is.

Been playing on very hard mode at the moment working on my movement and shot placement. Using my Zudah of course lol. Makes it all that more important considering I explode into beautiful fireworks in a few well placed shots. Having about a 40/60 success rate of win / loss.

In the current match im playing its

Zudah / Hildorf Vs. Gunner Zaku Warrior / Sinanju

Man Im seriously starting to hate the Sinanju due to its mobility D: Though was proud of being able to close in a few times and combo the shit out of it. :D Died right after though lol

SHL23

Banned
Played the Orignal a bit today. Besides the one f***ing US room I kept getting kicked after a couple matches in Japanese rooms.

Anyone that's getting this wanna add me? I wanna play and get better but getting kicked after every match is annoying. The PSN I'm gonna be using for Full Boost is VinnSvyJP

Parakeetman

Played the Orignal a bit today. Besides the one f***ing US room I kept getting kicked after a couple matches in Japanese rooms.

Anyone that's getting this wanna add me? I wanna play and get better but getting kicked after every match is annoying. The PSN I'm gonna be using for Full Boost is VinnSvyJP

Use the google docs form in the OT its near the bottom of the 2nd post by OP.

Rhapsody

Banned

Wait, Build is actually decent? I never finished Age (was on the last gen) and pretty much dismissed Build by the summary.

Parakeetman

ONLY FEW MORE DAYS!! D:

the wait is almost over...

double fail

not only you copied the links wrong, you also forgot we will be using japanese accounts. ;o

I just dragged the shit over from the original post. Didnt bother checking if it worked or not.

That and seriously if someone doesnt read the OT its not really my problem to give them exact details either. :)

Should be fixed now.

Top Bottom