• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
RIP

Be48ILZCIAAstqI.png:large

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Build is actually decent? I never finished Age (was on the last gen) and pretty much dismissed Build by the summary.

Build is a fun show if you're ok with your gundam being 30 minute toy commercials

Well, more obvious toy commercials than usual

The animation is good. Just have to put up with the beyblade storyline.

Stupid question but does this game have offline multiplayer?. I know it says 1-2 players offline but just making sure since it would suck that I bring it over to my friends place and it turns out we can't play together. Also is Nippon-Yasan a good place to import? They have it for $94.52 without shipping so just wondering if I should get it from there.

Kincaido

2 player split screen offline. Nippon-Yasan are good, but they take like a week just to process orders. So, go with them if you're patient and/or nowhere else has it.

2 player split screen offline. Nippon-Yasan are good, but they take like a week just to process orders. So, go with them if you're patient and/or nowhere else has it.

Ok, thanks. Do you know how much will AmiAmi charge me for EMS shipping? and has anyone experienced having to pay customs for a package from them?

Kincaido

Usually $12-$15 for EMS shipping. No customs charges in America. Dunno about other places.

Apharmd

To do 2v2 online your friend will need his own PS3/game/TV. Co-Op Arcade however, can be done on split-screen or online.

12093871304_f247a1817a_o.gif

Wait, Build is actually decent? I never finished Age (was on the last gen) and pretty much dismissed Build by the summary.

1228270165132.jpg

Dude, Build Fighters is the best pure Gundam show in a long ass time, especially if you're a long time Gundam fan.

All the main units need to jump into Full Boost/Maxi at some point (Build Strike, Zaku Amazing, Kampfer Amazing, Quebeley Papillion, Wing Fenice, Abigorbine, etc.). Hell, I wouldn't be mad if the next VS series was based off of Build Fighters.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
12093871304_f247a1817a_o.gif

1228270165132.jpg

Dude, Build Fighters is the best pure Gundam show in a long ass time, especially if you're a long time Gundam fan.

All the main units need to jump into Full Boost/Maxi at some point (Build Strike, Zaku Amazing, Kampfer Amazing, Quebeley Papillion, Wing Fenice, Abigorbine, etc.). Hell, I wouldn't be mad if the next VS series was based off of Build Fighters.

I was thinking the same thing about Build Fighters.

Baddest motherfucker around lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
In Build Allenby got bodied by the MC's girlfriend after like her first week of playing Gundam. And they changed her hair to black

Shit show imo. Yall still recovering from AGE or something

In Build Allenby got bodied by the MC's girlfriend after like her first week of playing Gundam. And they changed her hair to black

Allenby was born to play second fiddle to the MC's love interest. Stay losing.

GBF_ep04_front.gif

Ryuukan

All the G Gundam suits get one-shotted, fake gundams don't last long against real ones

NEO0MJ

All the G Gundam suits get one-shotted, fake gundams don't last long against real ones

Master Gundam is coming soon to Build FIghters and I don't think that one's going down without a fight.

There are no real gundams. All the real gundams lose against kitbashed super robots.

Fenice is just a souped up Wing Gundam so no cheating from that one. Then again Wing was already pretty crazy powerful.

Kysen

Those suits with huge feet look real stupid, never liked any of those designs. Biggest offenders are the O and that Ex-s, ridiculous.

Gadirok

Really wish this got localized.

I skipped out on Extreme VS as well and haven't played a recent entry in the series since Next Plus.

I know it requires next to none/minimal understanding of Japanese but I'd just prefer the ease of getting an affordable english release over importing this.

I'd prefer a physical copy too, not paying for a digital copy at full price.

I doubt I'll see this on sale for a few months so my options are to wait for the next iteration which may hopefully come out on PS4 (so I can actually play it on the Vita) and import that when it releases, or get this now.

I'm probably going to sit this one out, again.

Really wish this got localized.

I skipped out on Extreme VS as well and haven't played a recent entry in the series since Next Plus.

I know it requires next to none/minimal understanding of Japanese but I'd just prefer the ease of getting an affordable english release over importing this.

I'd prefer a physical copy too, not paying for a digital copy at full price.

I doubt I'll see this on sale for a few months so my options are to wait for the next iteration which may hopefully come out on PS4 (so I can actually play it on the Vita) and import that when it releases, or get this now.

I'm probably going to sit this one out, again.
Have fun waiting for 2 years.

When it comes to expensive games like this it helps to think about it from a cost vs benefit analysis. When Super SF4 came out a lot of people were salty because it was an unequivocally superior game at a lower cost. I wasn't salty because the $60 I spent on vanilla SF4 gave me over 500 hours of fun, lol.

EXVS was the same way, and I predict Full Boost will also offer hundreds more hours of fun.

TreIII

You and me both. And it really seems like they could go in that direction feasibly, without undermining what VS. is all about. Plus, the Gotcha Force fan in me would be tickled by how things would've come full circle for the makers of this game series. :lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You know one thing Ive always wonder is how do they justify the balance between kinetic vs beam weaponry. Since pretty much beam wins out as it cancels out pretty much all the kinetic based rounds.

Something I started to think about again when got back into the game and went back to the Zudah. As had to plan on shooting at angles where my shots wouldnt collide with theirs if they were using beam weaponry.

Build is a fun show if you're ok with your gundam being 30 minute toy commercials

Well, more obvious toy commercials than usual

The animation is good. Just have to put up with the beyblade storyline.

It never tries to hide that, and that's fine by me. I'm loving the show and especially all the creative twists on classic suits from the past.

Also, Bearguy III needs to be in an EXVS game (as DLC or whatever) ASAP. When that happens, that'll be my main :D.

Enron

Banned
You know one thing Ive always wonder is how do they justify the balance between kinetic vs beam weaponry. Since pretty much beam wins out as it cancels out pretty much all the kinetic based rounds.

Something I started to think about again when got back into the game and went back to the Zudah. As had to plan on shooting at angles where my shots wouldnt collide with theirs if they were using beam weaponry.

Do what I do - and what all brave mobile suit pilots do.

SHOOT THEM IN THE BACK

Top Bottom