• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusano123

Neo Member
If it's a blood red beam, then that's the arcade version of Virsago's Cannon. The Arcade version totally nailed the coloring for it, was kind of epic.

Ah, that makes sense then.

FFFFUUU---- Man, I thought it was from console, since it has Raphael in it U_U. Does a red beam take such a toll on the performance? Man, I wish they at least kept it in red, even with no fancy effects.....

First DLC Mission is out on 12/22. Remember it's free (not the suits as of now)!

http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/download.html

dlcfirst.png

Plus the teasing of the DLC suits Freedom, The O, Gottlaran, and Arche.

And fucking finally, YesAsia order is ready to be shipped. If for some god awful reason I don't get my copy in Sweden, at least this one will be waiting for me when I get back at work.

They better give me a dlc Dom suit or I am going to be :(

Amazon pulled through and got it to me next day. Hopefully I don't have to take a business trip to Tokyo tomorrow so I can start tearing up online!

I gotta at least clear arcade a few times. Haha this was actually the first time I have ever seen extreme gundam. Always got interrupted before getting to him.

Damn man, I should have used FedEX :( My package is still in transit. And the Canadian postal workers were on strike in the summer so they are taking their sweet time sorting and delivering packages (Even at my work, people will send stuff in to me and it will arrive a lot later then expected).

Here's hoping for Monday.

TreIII

The Triplesonic Cannon effects are really, really nice in the arcade. It actually causes a little bit of slowdown if you land it on someone as I recall. So I suspect that it was a little intensive on the machine and did the simple thing and change the coloring.

Wonder why they didn't opt for the more generic "red beam" from Next Plus, then. It at least would have been closer to the proper color...

Shouta

The power of Gackt compels you.

Nice. Who are your mains?

Right now, I have DX, Raphael, Dynames favorited though I play other units fairly often. I have 31 out of my 110 games using it and have a 64.5 win ratio with it in particular.

Astery, got some ok games in tonight. You gotta work on your rainbow step, zoning, and cutting (preventing enemy melee combos) a little bit but a lot better than last night already.

Damn man, I should have used FedEX :( My package is still in transit. And the Canadian postal workers were on strike in the summer so they are taking their sweet time sorting and delivering packages (Even at my work, people will send stuff in to me and it will arrive a lot later then expected).

Here's hoping for Monday.

Really? The only time it takes forever for something to get shipped is if I order from the US. Stuff that gets sent from HK or Japan by EMS usually gets here in less than a week.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I do not understand how my copy of Extreme Vs is supposed to actually hit my doorstep TODAY. What magical men got the package from Hong Kong to Colorado in a day? Glorious, glorious magical men.

rivals

I have to say I'm disappointed at the lack of link play. This game is not the same without 4 players. Me and my friends play Next in the arcade about once a week, between the 4 of us we'll have 3 copies of the game (since me and my gf live together) and the lack of system link really screws us over as far as all of us playing together. I know the arcade we go to was relying on it as well because he was hoping to system link some PS3s and replace the Next setup with this. I'm still excited to get it, but damn this kind of sucks. It's confirmed that only 1 person can play online per console too right?

TreIII

I do not understand how my copy of Extreme Vs is supposed to actually hit my doorstep TODAY. What magical men got the package from Hong Kong to Colorado in a day? Glorious, glorious magical men.

I don't understand either, but my copy is sitting next to me on my desk at work, wrapped snug inside its Fedex shipping box.

Maybe somebody followed Domon's example...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Maybe gravity isn't dragging down their souls as much as you think it does.

Even when flying through the air, they feel the pull of the stars. Only among the stars can we truly understand each other....and deliver packages on time.

The power of Gundam compelled them to make the impossible possible.

Row row fight the power.

A true hero can turn a 0% situation into 100%

Shouta

This guy I'm playing right now has a ridiculous ass Heavyarms, one of the best I've seen. So many weapons coming at me!

I am so going to suck at this. I've played all the console iterations (DC, PS2, PSP) in the past 10 years, but my only time ever playing another human opponent was OMNI vs. ZAFT II at an arcade in Nara back in 2006. Got my ass handed to me.

Shouta

Doing trials and arcade will help a lot. It'll show ya the basics for sure. Then there's learning a few advanced techniques and then executing it all.

Thank this lovely gentleman for getting it to you so fast.

charclassic.gif

Really? The only time it takes forever for something to get shipped is if I order from the US. Stuff that gets sent from HK or Japan by EMS usually gets here in less than a week.

Well it's still on track I believe for Monday. I was hoping that it would get out early enough for me to be playing on the weekend...EMS as of late for me has been hit or miss. sometimes its 1-2 days. Other times a full week. Since it's Christmas time they are working to move more packages so we will see.

I don't understand either, but my copy is sitting next to me on my desk at work, wrapped snug inside its Fedex shipping box.

Maybe somebody followed Domon's example...

Ugh, so jelly right now...

thetrin

Ooooh... my copy is on the truck out for delivery. If my wife wouldn't mock me, I'd let her know. :)

I think I need more people in my life that mock me for my manchild pursuits. Too many people in my life enable me. ;p

In other news, I'm listening to Gackt's Metamorphoze (From the Zeta Gundam movies) on repeat while I work. TODAY IS GUNDAM DAY.

I think I need more people in my life that mock me for my manchild pursuits. Too many people in my life enable me. ;p

Even though she loves visiting Japan, my wife is not into giant robots, animu or gaming. She has been doing a very good job of keeping me in check for the last eight years.

Astery

The power of Gackt compels you.
I shit my pants when I see him. His attacks are ridiculous. I can only win it's melee form with lowest cost units, exchanging 1 life for some 1/4 damage a time. @_@
Can't even touch its' range form so far. lol.

Astery, got some ok games in tonight. You gotta work on your rainbow step, zoning, and cutting (preventing enemy melee combos) a little bit but a lot better than last night already.
what's rainbow step? the step while melee-ing? and zoning? you mean the L formation? Any tips on cutting? it's often too high or too late to stop them. @@

My shipment came at an earlier time then expected so I missed Fedex. I'll head over to their facility to pick it up in a bit though. I'm itching for some hot gundam on gundam action! :p

Kusano123

Neo Member
Right now, I have DX, Raphael, Dynames favorited though I play other units fairly often. I have 31 out of my 110 games using it and have a 64.5 win ratio with it in particular.

Care to enlighten us what this 'rainbow step' is? I only know techniques like step-cancel and green home from the SEED days, but I don't anymore after that. Also, I heard the tank MS from IGLOO is a pretty powerful unit, but what makes it so good?

If the pricing for those Unicorn Blu-rays wasn't so ridiculous I would have bought them as well...

Yeah, the slipcovers are nice, but I'd much rather pay less for the domestic release. They're still $40 a pop, but it's better than the crazy exchange rate at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom