• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapages

Just played the game a bit... I beat Extreme Gundam by luck on my first try on 8-C, I think. Its interesting, but I don't get I can only get one hit with RX-78. While the computer can get multiple hits on me. I really need to adjust from Gundam vs Zeta Gundam. lol :)

Anyway, there two codes... I got Hi-Nu Gundam. But what is the other code for?

Also could anyone kindly be able to please breakdown of each menu page. As everything is in Japanese and is really daunting someone like myself. Especially the online page menu. Thank you. :)

Shouta

Other code is for the arcade IC cards. You won't use it so don't worry.

You haven't read up on Boost Dash have you? That's how enemies are getting multiple shots against you, unless you mean something else.

Maybe it's a good idea to stick to ranged for now. At least playing against AI I leave my self open most of the time that any time I get close to it the AI manages to thoroughly beat me senseless. Although that probably barely means anything when playing against other people.

Zapages

Other code is for the arcade IC cards. You won't use it so don't worry.

You haven't read up on Boost Dash have you? That's how enemies are getting multiple shots against you, unless you mean something else.

Thank you Shouta. :)

its not like boost dash attack... For RX-78 when I tap triangle, the enemy goes flying away after 1 hit and I can't link anything to it. So it seems very weird. But when an enemy RX-78 hits me, they are able to link a couple combos before I go flying across the screen or fall down.

Oh cool. Arcade IC cards.

Deadly

Does the game take advantage of the extra buttons? I remember remapping my whole controls on the PSP so I could pull off some attacks easier.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
<_< Oh I will.

Ships within 1 week D:

I've wanted to buy this to play with a friend who used to live nearby, but there's so many other games out right now!

I'm just worried it'll be hard to import in a few months when I can buy it.

JKTrix

its not like boost dash attack... For RX-78 when I tap triangle, the enemy goes flying away after 1 hit and I can't link anything to it. So it seems very weird. But when an enemy RX-78 hits me, they are able to link a couple combos before I go flying across the screen or fall down.
You have different melee attacks depending on which direction you are holding the stick, and if you're not holding any direction. It sounds like you are holding a particular direction when you attack, leading to one of the one-hit blow back attacks.

If you don't press a direction when you hit the button, you should be able to at least get a 3-hit attack in. You should still be able to combo off of the attack that's hitting them away, but that involves step canceling and stuff.

I'm playing on my good ol' Virtua Stick High Grade, love this thing to death. It took me a while to get used to having the boost button under my ring finger, but after a few hours now I'm getting the hang of it. Still occasionally press 'target switch' when I mean to dash, though.

Astery

I wonder if there's a online mode with no win/lose counts. NT1 is kind of fun to use against cpu but likely will fail hard against human players.

Rainbow Steps are canceling melee attacks by using a step. So say if you start a melee attack and do a double tap to step, you'll cancel the attack and move that direction causing yourself to emit a rainbow aura. Do you remember how I was spinning around you during a melee attack? That's a rainbow cancel.

Zoning meaning that you need to learn how to keep away from an enemy and keep them outside of your range. So if you're facing down a unit like say Exia or Master, you need to keep them outside of their melee range by running away, shooting them while they land, or meleeing them then running away. It's very important as some units don't have melee that's nearly as good as others so will take a lot more damage quickly in comparison.

For cutting, you need to stay close to your partner and always keep an eye out on what both units are doing at the same time. It's a sort of spatial awareness thing. Know which units you're fighting and how they enemy is approaching the fight. If they're coming after you, taking a position to fire on them both is a good idea or if you're on the offensive, making sure to keep up so you can land hits and keep your partner meleeing as much as possible is key.

Melee cancel basically. Step Cancels are in the game too actually. If you tap Boost after doing a Step or a Rainbow Step, your unit will bounce and rise up in the direction of the step. It's very useful for ditching if you're going to get melee'd or dodging ranged attacks because it gives you vertical space.

The 0083 units have a harder time dealing out damage as fast as other 2000 units. GP01 only has his melee, BR, Charged Shot, and 4 GM Cannon assists. So you need to be a master of landing those and getting in. He's not a bad unit though and is more than capable but he doesn't have it quite as easy in comparison because lack of fancy shit. Particularly against the Crossbone units because of the damn ABC mantles.

thanks shouta:)

Shouta

For folks that want to practice with a buddy online, I'd recommend creating a room using the Team Free option and restrict all the slots to only folks you invite. That way, both of you can play against the AI online and not take any losses while practicing together. Astery and I did that a bit though we had the room open for folks to come in.

Eh, Capcom brought over Basara... Once, at least.

We're not talking about Capcom.

Bandai released a ton of Gundam games on the PS2 and they sold terribly. They even released Target in Sight/Crossfire here with the PS3 at launch, and it bombed. I don't think they see an incentive to localize the titles anymore, seeing how the majority of the hardcore Gundam fanatics just import anyhow.

For those of you asking about controls and some basic menu translations, there is a translated list in the OP. Just click on the pics and a larger pic without moon language should appear. There are also descriptions of the general gameplay mechanics as well.

I'll add more when I get the game. :(

Astery

anyone knows how to deploy the santa claus balloon for ZakuII FZ? (or whatever it is with the last weapon) I'm pressing all buttons with no luck.

anyone knows how to deploy the santa claus balloon for ZakuII FZ? (or whatever it is with the last weapon) I'm pressing all buttons with no luck.
According to Shouta's move list in the OP:

Zaku Kai:
Main Weapon: Machingun
Charge Shot (Main):
Sub Weapon: Hand Grenade
Charge Shot (Melee):
Special Shooting: Hi-gogg Summon
Special Melee: Hand Grenade Detonate
Extreme Burst:
Back Melee (2B): Santa Summon

You need to be in EX Burst to use it.

xero273

just got 5 matches in team shuffle... all opponents were red bar. I hope those guys were from japan or something because if they are from the states and i still get red bars :(

Anyways, when match started I didn't really notice any input delay. it felt smooth to me. there was one match were the game kind of slowed down like lag but 3 seconds later game went back to normal. Not sure if i was lagging on my opponents screen though

Astery

just got 5 matches in team shuffle... all opponents were red bar. I hope those guys were from japan or something because if they are from the states and i still get red bars :(

Anyways, when match started I didn't really notice any input delay. it felt smooth to me. there was one match were the game kind of slowed down like lag but 3 seconds later game went back to normal. Not sure if i was lagging on my opponents screen though

To my 60 or so rounds experience, 2 blocks of red signal is still quite perfectly smooth. It's not until 1 block of red signal when things started to get input lags/ occasional hang for a few seconds/ or purely unplayable.

I don't really get the signal tho, it appears as full blue to myself when i use a wired connection and yellow when I use wireless but the signal will appear differently to others. Appears that there is no difference in matches no matter which type of connection i use. I'm confused.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Played a bit with Budokai, and played some shuffle. I won a shuffle game, but every CPU game I played I got ruined. I'm actually having an easier time playing against humans. How hilarious.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, but I'll definitely be on during the day. Anyone who wants to play or set up a room, just drop me an invite. I'm thetrin on PSN.

Arcade stick controls:

controlsarcade.png

Shouta

According to Shouta's move list in the OP:

You need to be in EX Burst to use it.

That's a mistake actually, don't need to be in Extreme Burst to deploy them.

Just hit Down or whatever button is back for you at the time and Melee.

I just got my 100th win online and my gold trophy!

Kusano123

Neo Member
Just spent some quality time with some friends online. There were only 3 of us, so we took turns teaming up with eachother. All was good, until one of my friends decided to use alex and that turned out extremely frustrating. No matter how many times we tried, me and my other friend couldn't beat freaking alex gundam with a 1000 cost cpu. I was so f***ing pissed off at that. I'm starting to think alex is OP'd. >_>

Xater

Eh, Capcom brought over Basara... Once, at least.

The DW Gundam games came over because of KOEI not because of Namco Bandai. You can be sure of it. Also Capcom will probably never again release a Basara game outside of Japan. Very sad but the harsh reality.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The DW Gundam games came over because of KOEI not because of Namco Bandai. You can be sure of it. Also Capcom will probably never again release a Basara game outside of Japan. Very sad but the harsh reality.

Oh, they've already stated as much. It's cool, Capcom keeps going down my list. Though I was considering importing Gundam Extreme, Utage, and Saint Seiya all at once if anyone's got a 150 Play-Asia coupon.

Shouta

Just spent some quality time with some friends online. There were only 3 of us, so we took turns teaming up with eachother. All was good, until one of my friends decided to use alex and that turned out extremely frustrating. No matter how many times we tried, me and my other friend couldn't beat freaking alex gundam with a 1000 cost cpu. I was so f***ing pissed off at that. I'm starting to think alex is OP'd. >_>

She's actually kind of weak. The thing to remember is that she doesn't move very fast in armored move so Boost Dash away from her while shooting to take her armor out.

If we get gaf games going, I can give tips over skype or something as we play.

Xater

Oh, they've already stated as much. It's cool, Capcom keeps going down my list. Though I was considering importing Gundam Extreme, Utage, and Saint Seiya all at once if anyone's got a 150 Play-Asia coupon.

Saint Seiya is at least getting a release in Europe. Not sure about the US. I do have a 150 coupon though, so I'll send you a PM with it.

Zapages

You have different melee attacks depending on which direction you are holding the stick, and if you're not holding any direction. It sounds like you are holding a particular direction when you attack, leading to one of the one-hit blow back attacks.

If you don't press a direction when you hit the button, you should be able to at least get a 3-hit attack in. You should still be able to combo off of the attack that's hitting them away, but that involves step canceling and stuff.

I'm playing on my good ol' Virtua Stick High Grade, love this thing to death. It took me a while to get used to having the boost button under my ring finger, but after a few hours now I'm getting the hang of it. Still occasionally press 'target switch' when I mean to dash, though.

I think this is the case with the game and me... Ok I will try that, I am using a dualshock with this game.

Astery

yay reached 50% win rate at my 100th match :D
then got my ass kicked by master gundam -~-

She's actually kind of weak. The thing to remember is that she doesn't move very fast in armored move so Boost Dash away from her while shooting to take her armor out.

If we get gaf games going, I can give tips over skype or something as we play.

Capcom really hates Christina, my favourite pilot. NT1 has always been in the lowest tier since she first appears in the series. :<

I think this is the case with the game and me... Ok I will try that, I am using a dualshock with this game.

I'm using dualshock as well and most of the time everything works alright. Charging shots are tricky with it tho.

What is esuteru and what's the gist of the article? Machine translation makes it seem like a story on the popularity of the game outside of Japan?

Astery

What is esuteru and what's the gist of the article? Machine translation makes it seem like a story on the popularity of the game outside of Japan?

esuteru is a japanese gaming blog, one of the big 2.

It roughly says ...umm.."This game is very popular and hyped even in overseas"

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
If i loved the PSP games then i take it i'll love this just as much or even more?

It's getting harder and harder to resist importing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom