• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Game Makers Hit Back

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Who needs The Guy Game when you have Katamari Damacy? It's "Happiness in a box"!

katamari-damacy-20040719045559298.jpg

Now that's hot.

BuddyC

WarPig said:
You're goddamned right that's good news.

What's also good news is that you can buy two Katamaris for the price of one Guy Game. Get it for someone you love!

DFS.
The interesting part will be seeing how many copies of Katamari ship/sell compared to The Guy Game.

More importantly, there better be enough copies of Katamari to go around for my Christmas shopping list.

WarPig

TekunoRobby said:
Yeah I agree, we should just start talking about how that's better than The Guy Game.

In retrospect if this starts a flame war between the creators of "Barbie Horse Adventure" and "The Guy Game" then this might have been worth it.

Holy shit. I want the Barbie Horse Adventure versus Topheavy rumble in the parking lot at E3 worse than anything in the world. Have 'em throw down Outsiders style. That shit would fucking rule.

DFS.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
DavidDayton said:
I'm suddenly curious as to what the Barbie Horse Adventure game played like.
I bought it as a present for my girlfriend's 8 year old neice.

Let's ignore the fact that for us this game plays like shit. Let's concentrate on the point that this game is rather well made for small girls.

It plays somewhat like an adventure game and a collect-a-thon which struck a chord with the girl I bought the game with. Also it's traditional Barbie to the core so you can expect loads of cuteness and horse-related fun. Now I didn't spend THAT much time with it but the adventuring aspect was pretty well done, very linear and little question as to where to go next. I also enjoyed the fact that it features hidden areas so if the girl likes to explore she gets rewarded. During some parts of the adventure you have to capture runaway horses. Sometimes it's as simple as saving them from another animal by tossing food at them (or near them, I forget) or by chasing them and lassoing them in (which was suprising well done). The multiplayer wasn't that fun but atleast it was a solidly built racing game. You just run around on the horse on an extremely simple track with the option of doing turbo (horse running faster). I thought the multiplayer was entirely too simple and didn't give enough leeway to the person in second (only two player) so I didn't spend that much time with it playing with her.

Warpig I don't think there would be anything finer in life.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
WarPig said:
Holy shit. I want the Barbie Horse Adventure versus Topheavy rumble in the parking lot at E3 worse than anything in the world. Have 'em throw down Outsiders style. That shit would fucking rule.

DFS.

outsiders.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
BuddyChrist83 said:
I'm suddenly afraid of Tekuno.
That I play games with little girls, I play games made for little girls as a result of playing games with little girls, or I skin little girls alive and wear their skull as a hat?

BuddyC

WarPig's got me thinking of what development teams I'd love to see go at it. Think about it, it'd be the new old way to settle disputes.

They fight for review scores, publishing rights, etc. For example, if Capcom beats Nintendo, Capcom can use Link in their next game. Nintendo wins? Resident Evil is GC exclusive. Oh man, this could be great - the possibilities are endless.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
BuddyChrist83 said:
WarPig's got me thinking of what development teams I'd love to see go at it. Think about it, it'd be the new old way to settle disputes.

They fight for review scores, publishing rights. Oh man, this could be great.

They could fight for magazine covers too! If you see Psychonauts getting a cover story on GI or EGM soon, you'll know why. Because they fucked the Prince of Persia 2 dev team up.

BuddyC

Agent Dormer said:
They could fight for magazine covers too! If you see Psychonauts getting a cover story on GI or EGM soon, you'll know why. Because they fucked the Prince of Persia 2 dev team up.
But the PoP2 team is hardcore man! They've got angst, tattoos and Zombie Bunnies!

WarPig

Agent Dormer said:
They're too emo.

Tough guys I know at game developers, let's see...

Neversoft has some pretty resilient motherfuckers. One of their testers crashed on a halfpipe and left two front teeth embedded in the wood.

Let's see...one of SNK's old-school execs is an ex-boxer with Yakuza connections. He'd be pretty dangerous.

Motosada Mori, military advisor for Metal Gear Solid, he's a professional self-defense instructor and a complete hard-core gun freak.

Denis Dyack was apparently some kind of Tae Kwon Do champ in his younger days, but TKD is a pretty sissified martial art as they go, so who knows.

Nich tells me Jason Hall (ex-Monolith, now at WBIE) is a pretty buffed-up weightlifter. "Guy looks like Vin Diesel," he says.

DFS.

Acosta

Reggie can kick ass for sure.

I don´t know if they were developes, but at Take 2 small room in E3 they had a lot of big guys. I thought they were for security but one of them showed me Kohan 2 (and he did great by the way, he really knowe his stuff), so I don´t know.

Vin Diesel owns a videogames company, right?

Itagaki with that nodachi he has at Tecmo office could be a serious fighter

Saint Cornelius said:
I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but to be all shocked at it? Grow a thicker skin, Nancy. And to ask for people to be fired & or fucking KILLED for it? Yeah that's great. Good work.
If someone doing their job does more bad than good... why should we hope for their continued employment?

Gazunta said:
I once lifted a box full of coke cans.
With or without the drink remaining?

mosaic

go eat paint
I once pulled Gazunta's head down to my crotch and made him imitate fellatio in a Mitsuwa parking lot. Just... FYI.

Hey, I thought of a positive related to the game. If the game credits are properly full, these women could end up listed among developers at places like MobyGames. I find that Amusing.

Acosta

Reggie is actually a puss, all he has is Beer Muscle (having worked for Guiness in the past).

I don't think so, my bet is that he can do some pretty nice punches, he looks tough. I'm sure he can kick ass Allard and Kutaragi together ;)

I practised karate a lot in my childhood, I can break hard things with the side of my hands and I have two katanas and the powerful "sting" sword from Frodo. That makes my a final boss or something.

WarPig

Beating up on Sony and Microsoft execs wouldn't be anything special. They're all skinny bastards.

Rob Fleischer from Rockstar PR used to talk a good game about his martial-arts training, but he hasn't got much more meat on him than me.

DFS.

WarPig said:
Nich tells me Jason Hall (ex-Monolith, now at WBIE) is a pretty buffed-up weightlifter. "Guy looks like Vin Diesel," he says.

DFS.

Jason Hall also said, "hair is for women and men who can't bench 300."

Top Bottom