• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

If he's actually going gung ho with this, Tidal needs an overhaul. Appealing to an audiophile niche with FLAC streaming isn't how you aggressively participate in the market. He's gonna have to 1up Spotify somehow.

If he's actually going gung ho with this, Tidal needs an overhaul. Appealing to an audiophile niche with FLAC streaming isn't how you aggressively participate in the market. He's gonna have to 1up Spotify somehow.

i think he just launched this in the hopes that spotify or google buys him out with a huge payday.

IrishNinja

they can fuck right off w/ $20/month.

netflix and hulu don't cost that much together lmao.

this this this
they can't be serious at that price point...disco might have a point on just wanting to be bought out but courage is right too, how is this gonna do well unless it's free on certain devices soon?

also reminds me of that music service reznor & dre talked about years ago, wonder what happened there

jbug617

Banned
Tidal just added a $10 option. $20 gets you better quality

CBUV68WUwAAZC-e.png

All this segmentation brehs. Enjoy Spotify while it lasts before we get exclusive album streams on different services. Exclusive on Tidal, Spotify and Google Play brehs. It's going to happen the end is nighhhh!!!!

Tokubetsu

All this segmentation brehs. Enjoy Spotify while it lasts before we get exclusive album streams on different services. Exclusive on Tidal, Spotify and Google Play brehs. It's going to happen the end is nighhhh!!!!

We're already past the end. This is the epilogue.

Imagine a universal 20 dollar monthly fee that took care of music, TV and movies. With no licensing bullshit and exclusivity with other services

This is the dream brehs

Imagine a universal 20 dollar monthly fee that took care of music, TV and movies. With no licensing bullshit and exclusivity with other services

This is the dream brehs

except there is only music and music videos represented here. :/

and I don't know if this junk can be saved to be used on a typical music app instead of tidal's.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The big news was another goddamn streaming service? At 20 bucks? Yeah, for a smart dude, acting like customers just weren't paying enough and the artists needed more is a pretty fucking dumb observation. If he finds a way to cut the artists more, offer up a bigger selection and keeps it more competitive with Spotify et al., it may survive. Otherwise, it'll be DOA.

BlackJace

Stream wars are gonna be terrifying. Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, and now Tidal all climbing all over each other....

Service-exclusive albums/tracks are game over. Game over.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Stream wars are gonna be terrifying. Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon, and now Tidal all climbing all over each other....

Service-exclusive albums/tracks are game over. Game over.

Yet music consumption will remain the same for about 98% of the internet...

CoolOff

Tbh I'm way too entrenched in Spotify with playlists that I can't see myself switching unless it's for a really good reason. For starters, let me port my playlists.

I'll just download the stuff that isn't on there, that's how I listen to 1989...

BlackJace

Yet music consumption will remain the same for about 98% of the internet...

The whole streaming service thing anyway. If it gets to be to the point where I have to sift through a bunch of bullshit services to find exclusive music, I'll be forced to stop subbing all together.

I imagine I'm not the only one who feels this way. The whole shebang might implode on itself when the number of services plus all of the exclusivity makes it not worth it.

Fjordson

I'll just stick to high quality digital releases. Never been into streaming.

Unless it gets so crazy that people start putting their stuff up for streaming only, but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

IrishNinja

I'll just stick to high quality digital releases. Never been into streaming.

Unless it gets so crazy that people start putting their stuff up for streaming only, but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

+1 - i stream a lot but keep what i like, and even if the latter was the case, someone will capture it

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Detox

This is good. Real good. Fuck Kanye when Jay drops that collab with Bey on Tidal he's going to set the subscription game on fire.

The board at apple have to one up Jay. Can't go back to that u2 gimmick. They're going to turn to Dre, with the mannerisms of a carter 3 era Birdman and say 'so about that detox.'

We about to eat brehs.

Esch

Banned
okay sure but your record's gonna look a lot shinier when you actually stay retired instead of, you know, coming back to play for the wizards
It also looks a lot shinier when you have people doing a lot of your creative work for you, including having people like Jay-Z writing some of your biggest hits.

It also looks a lot shinier when you have people doing a lot of your creative work for you, including having people like Jay-Z writing some of your biggest hits.

wasn't ready for potent ether this early in the day brehs.

Only plebes want to hear Dre read rap lines over slightly revamped Chronic 2001 sounding beats in 2015.

Esch

Banned
wasn't ready for potent ether this early in the day brehs.

Only plebes want to hear Dre read rap lines over slightly revamped Chronic 2001 sounding beats in 2015.
If Blackace were here dudes blood pressure would leap by 50 points but...

Is there any rap artist more loved and accepted for having their shit ghostproduced, ghostwritten, ghostrapped(? vaguely remember you mentioning this) than Dr. Dre? I think not brehs. The things that people used to wholly slate other artists for, fans shrugged off because....... 'he's a producer' innit? He 'defined the sound of a scene' right?

JgZs64Q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom