• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

I've never understood the whole "pay to see a show so I can throw things at the performer" thing. Danny shoulda just had the dude ousted and kept on performing, but throwing shit like that is lame as hell.

Nibel

I don't say that Danny should have left the stage - people pay and want to get their slice of entertainment - but fuckery like that needs to stop, man.

BTW, that whole Tidal thing has such a scammy illuminati vibe to it, lmao, just launch your shitty stream service and enjoy the money

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any event where you have Cole standing within 2 persons of Kanye sounds sketchy and/or a massive cheque had to be cut somewhere.

I think SHMG debut is kind of premature. When it didn't drop in the heat of Feb/March, I kind of figured Kanye either wanted the game to breathe or he's reworking it since we already know he spent weeks flying everywhere playing it for people along the way. Was only a week or two ago we last heard he was back in the studio.

Nibel

This is what I expect the GAF-Hop 2018 conference to be

Cheddahz at the mic declaring 'I'm a proud member of the GAF-Hop team' and then announcing each of us coming on stage

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Any event where you have Cole standing within 2 persons of Kanye sounds sketchy and/or a massive cheque had to be cut somewhere.

I think SHMG debut is kind of premature. When it didn't drop in the heat of Feb/March, I kind of figured Kanye either wanted the game to breathe or he's reworking it since we already know he spent weeks flying everywhere playing it for people along the way. Was only a week or two ago we last heard he was back in the studio.

enzo, you know the album has been finished. when kanye said its 80% done he meant he had 20% effort left of reworking and overproducing solid songs as well as scrapping whole parts of the album.

Mhbe4IY.jpg

went plat and finally unlocked the backpat/chestpat achievement from Hov. Grats Jermaine.

Cudder

New Xavier Wulf- Tundra Boy Season One

Also Kaaris album dropped, about to check that out now.

Edit: Listen to the Xavier Wulf ya'll shit is banging.

the first track is putting me on cloud 9 already, making me feel like asking around my facebook friends if they got weed. whew.

yo, is there anyway i could change my user name on here? do I PM a mod or something? i wanna make my name all lowercase, fuck a capital letter.
much love to MF DOOM though

Cheddahz

Banned
shouldn't have given away all their stuff for free then

Looks like they're not going to go with samples (everything is gonna be recorded for the album) this time around and so far, the dude behind the Gorillaz, 2 Chainz, David Bryne (from the Talking Heads), and Little Dragon have helped out on the album

injurai

Banned
Looks like they're not going to go with samples (everything is gonna be recorded for the album) this time around and so far, the dude behind the Gorillaz, 2 Chainz, David Bryne (from the Talking Heads), and Little Dragon have helped out on the album

it sounds like a quite promising project, free from label wank

Koozek

They basically sample themselves. They hired a bunch of musicians over the last few years to record jam sessions which they then will sample.

Cheddahz

Banned
They basically sample themselves. They hired a bunch of musicians over the last few years to record jam sessions which they then will sample.

That's what I meant by not going with "samples" (as in not using music that's already been used in the past)

pretty cool lineup of artists.

In celebration of beating my first Metroid game today. I listened to my favorite tracks that are either written, produced or features the Metroid inspired rapper Sammus.

DL - Prime (A storytelling rap song about a gay man hiding his sexuality and a lesbian being pressured into heterosexuality. While given to the extreme situation in the song. I can relate to that situation. Her most powerful song)

Kristina Camille - Around (feat. Sammus)
(A love story that instills tranquil vibes from Camille's vocals)

Young Girl (Instrumental) - Castlevania The Nocturnal Sonata
From her collaboration album with Mega Ran, Sammus remixes a track from one of the Castlevania games. I haven't heard the original track, but this is my personal favorite beat from her.

Mega Ran & Sammus - Sweet Sorrow w/The Ranger - Castlevania The Nocturnal Sonata

Mae Jemison - Another M
(Sammus embodies the persona of the bounty hunter as she tackles Mother Brain)

Fly Nerd - Fly Nerd
(A song about embracing what makes our community unique)

Kanye West ft. Chance Fischer - M'other Brain
(Not exactly sure what this has to do with Kanye West. The CAPS LOCK thing reminded me of a skit on Attack of the Show though. I love the tranquility of the beat)

Nu Black - Prime
(The emcee talks about her desires in a romantic partner, but what intrigues me here is the melodic production and her flow.)

Pity Party ft. Open Mike Eagle - Prime

(Explores Sammus's feeling stressed and discontent with her life, but also assuaging those feelings because it won't amount to anything. Open Mike Eagle steals the show in this track as his flow impeccable.)

School's Out - Prime
(In this song Sammus talks about something a big part of gaf can relate to, being a college graduate and having to live at home while looking for a job.)

Lyrics that resonate with me:

Got a stack of student loans
Can’t leave town for another year
25 gotta live at home
Need to sneak around call it Metal Gear

Wanna run away quicker than a blue hedgehog
Overworked
Underpaid
And to say you’re stressed

got a loan at financial aid
They steady tryna play me
We on the phone at least once a day
So it’s almost like were dating
I need a check for my textbooks
At 50 each it ain’t coming cheap
And another G for my Macbook
My bank account finna rest in peace

Just finally listened to Mello Music Group - Persona tape. Pretty damn dope even though I don't mess with all the rappers in the label. I'm so excited for Oddisee dropping in May and Jeremiah Jae next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom