• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's better than the new Wale at least

Comparing Luda to Wale?

low-bar-winner.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
J. Cole just went platinum. He's setting the bar pretty damn high, actually. Some fucking how. I don't understand you kids these days, with your beta whine rappers and tight pants.

Fam, do yall think Bloodborne could potentially dampen your experience with Witcher 3?
I remember when the first Bayonetta came out, the advanced combat soured mad people on God of War 3, people felt like they were taking a step back in time playing that shit.

WanderingWind

Fam, do yall think Bloodborne could potentially dampen your experience with Witcher 3?
I remember when the first Bayonetta came out, the advanced combat soured mad people on God of War 3.

They're entirely different games with entirely different expectations, so no. But in a world where J. Cole is a platinum artist in 2015 is a world that scares and confuses me, so who the fuck knows.

Courage

I remember when the first Bayonetta came out, the advanced combat soured mad people on God of War 3, people felt like they were taking a step back in time playing that shit.
No, they're appealing in different ways.

codhand

think of Bloodborne as a Danny Brown concert, and Witcher 3 as the bottle of Dasani

I need to know Dame's opinion on Tidal.

Do yall stream like that tho? When I listen to music I listen to the albums I've bought. Sometimes if I'm doing house work I'll throw on Pandora, or open up DJ Plug and play my playlist. The idea of paying to stream music just seems ridiculous to me. I pay for Netflix to watch movies/tv shows, ie content that is worthwhile to me. I can't imagine paying to stream music because I don't really listen to music enough to justify the expense.

PBY

Banned

Do yall stream like that tho? When I listen to music I listen to the albums I've bought. Sometimes if I'm doing house work I'll throw on Pandora, or open up DJ Plug and play my playlist. The idea of paying to stream music just seems ridiculous to me. I pay for Netflix to watch movies/tv shows, ie content that is worthwhile to me. I can't imagine paying to stream music because I don't really listen to music enough to justify the expense.

What.

You realize you pay per month- and then you can listen to all the albums? So if you listen to more than 1 album a month, you're pretty much justifying your expense?

WanderingWind

I'm old school with music. I like to control what I listen to, so I still buy my shit. Streaming is strictly for when I'm at work.

Courage

5 bucks a month is pretty good with Spotify. I get to listen to shit I'd have to scour the Internet for. Just sucks when tracks aren't available on some albums.

PBY

Banned
Really? Man, I'm out of the loop. Last I messed with Pandora you had to pick an artist or song you liked and then you got a bunch of unrelated garbage songs.

Yeah, spotify has that too (its the free version); if you pay, you can listen to any song/album at any time.

Fjordson

I've never been interested in streaming services. If I like something I buy a high quality digital version (or in very rare cases a CD).

When I do technically stream something, it's when an artist has put their stuff up for free before release on like soundcloud, Pitchfork Advance or NPR streaming. Happens a lot these days and lets you check out stuff before buying.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I don't have a problem with people using it like they would a Netflix or anything for other mediums, but like you I don't listen to music that much and pretty much 99% of any of my attempts to "try and find something new you like" end up falling completely flat so I stick to my trusted sources of discovering new music (NR, GAF-Hop, IRL friends).

Combine that with streaming services using up my finite bandwidth and no thanks. I have a thousand free mixtapes I deserve to give a shot before I'm ready to pay for or even use ad-supported software segregated from my existing music library.

injurai

Banned

If you are playing TW3 for a hack and slash experience you're doing it wrong. It's for classic rpg fans. It's like a modernized version of Gothic, Risen, Neverwinter Nights, Kotor.

Also while I think Bayonetta is phenomenal I never once thought it lessoned God of War. In fact I thought GoW was pushing a number of boundaries.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Streaming services are nice for mobile devices with limited storage. Pretty nice being able to take a library of music with you on the go.

Esch

Banned

I do, but only to listen to shit that I haven't heard in a while that i don't have the album of. It's useful in that sense.

I'm not trying to pay for a stream tho.

I stream almost exclusively, pay for Spotify and everything. Just love the convenience of it. Have it at work, in the car, home, easy to swap who controls music at parties, if I'm feeling like an album I haven't heard in a long time it's right there immediately, never worry about storage space on mobile/laptop...really just simplified my life.

The only thing of interest to me with Tidal is the lossless audio but plenty of songs dont even benefit from lossless, and the ones that do, I'd need to upgrade to expensive audiophile equipment to even appreciate the quality difference. Pass.

Courage

I stream almost exclusively, pay for Spotify and everything. Just love the convenience of it. Have it at work, in the car, home, easy to swap who controls music at parties, if I'm feeling like an album I haven't heard in a long time it's right there immediately, never worry about storage space on mobile/laptop...really just simplified my life.

Yep. Plus playlist functionality is dope.

injurai

Banned
The only thing of interest to me with Tidal is the lossless audio but plenty of songs dont even benefit from lossless, and the ones that do, I'd need to upgrade to expensive audiophile equipment to even appreciate the quality difference. Pass.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any song that benefits from lossless. I don't think one exists. Unless the original recording is so terrible that the lossless transcode could only be made worse by further transcoding.

overcast

It's pretty convenient and for student's it's only 5 dollars for basically anything they need musically. I don't use it because I enjoy the music library I have and pick and choose what I listen to from there. For some of my friends they just don't download music, so Spotify fulfills that need.

I understand the point for sure. I don't need it as another expense though. I've been tempted at that price point though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We're Gonna Be Lords documentary. Lazy copypasta, because I haven't watched yet:
Here’s We’re Gonna Be Lords, a new mini-documentary profiling four rising ‘New New York’ acts: The Underachievers, gay rapper Le1f, The Flatbush Zombies and Action Bronson. It was directed by Robert Lopuski and is best viewed whilst puffing on some marijuana. It is probably NSFW.

French Montana ft. Jeremih, Fabolous & Rick Ross - Bad Bitch (Remix). Fuck with this, especially the production.

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess. This song still gets some burn from me, definitely my favourite off of the album.

Bobby Shmurda ft. Abillyon & Rowdy Rebel – Get A Room For Ya. Well this is different.

Rich Homie Quan - You Not. Sounds like a Young Thug breakup song.

Dej Loaf - On My Own. It's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom