• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

they should be paying me to put up with whatever they shit out.

so you gettin the vinyl too huh my dude

CBXf2LlWYAAGQp2.jpg

shiiiiiiit he's actually gonna be here before? fuck now if i can just see run the jewels here sometime i can totally skip tampa than

Big stuff for NY today.

Petestrumentals2.jpg

Pete Rock announces Petestrumentals 2. First song in the link, called One, Two, A Few More. Pete says this was recorded in 1995.

this shit's really exciting for me; again Petestrumentals was a big one getting me into jazz-hop/instrumental scene in general, can't wait for this

Holy shit lmfao and yeah it sucks but it's just a bottle of water Method Man got cracked in the head with a glass bottle while performing.

that was festival of juggalos right? fuckin juggalos

I saw KRS-One catch a broken finger from a crowd projectile, talked the crowd down from violence, finished his set, and then went to the hospital.

foh danny brown

krisna got that work ethic that forces you to finish ya set before tellin people what really went down on 9-11, gotta respect that

CoolOff

Is there like a repository for all the Coli-like smileys used in this thread that aren't actually from Coli? Things like the side eyeing-kid and the Villas Boas-face?

overcast

Freddie Gibbs posted this on Facebook

"New songs w/ Popcaan. Curren$y & MC Eiht coming soon.
Shout out to Rockstar Games."

GTA V. Fuck yeah.

All the tracks have that same MMG sound.

Trying to be all fake lavish and shit

Kendrick was on Hot97 (Interview gonna come up eventually I guess)

Interview notes stolen from Missinfo.tv

Interview Notes

— Kendrick says the love that he gets in NYC is like no other. That’s why he’ll always come through — even if it’s just for one day.
— The “Butterfly” represents change
— K.Dot would go in for 10-15 hour sessions with live instruments and write the skeletons to his songs.
— The “King Kunta” video is all about fun and having a good time. He brought the cameras to his hood and let all his homies get some facetime.
— Kendrick really wants fans to take time and listen before they call his album an “classic”
— Kendrick: “Initially, I made my music for people in prison.”
— K.Dot wrote the lyrics to “Mortal Man” on tour with Kanye West
— A fan from Germany sent him the Pac interviews and he lived with them for a bit
— “For me, I want to make music where people will go back and listen to it a 100 times.”
— “That’s the best song I ever wrote,” Kendrick says about “i.” “Never in a million years, did I think I would make a positive record. It’s all God’s work.”
— The Kendrick and J. Cole album is going to happen (eventually). They still talk about it.
— “It’s up to me to bring balance,” says Kendrick Lamar about his purpose in the rap game.
— Right now, K.Dot’s fave song from the album is “Wesley’s Theory” (it changes every week)
— Kendrick: “This is ‘sophisticated Gangsta’ shit. This is the album that I always wanted to make. It’s what I grew up on. good kid, m.A.A.d city, I maneuvered through the cracks. I know what the fans wanted to hear.”
— George Clinton, Bilal, SounWave were all around for a lot of the recording process
— Most of the album was made in LA, “Hood Politics” was made in NYC
— Kendrick’s father played a lot of Ice Cube’s Death Certificate when he was a kid and that was a big influence on him
— “I’m a voice for everyone who can’t talk on a record,” Kendrick says about being honest in his music and addressing situations that he knows everybody can’t talk about publicly.
— ‘Don’t ever take my words out of context because I’m one of the only ones speaking for the streets,” K.Dot on Rolling Stone taking his words out of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom