• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

That thread seems so bizarre. Not tryna hate on the dude but he's so all over the place. Still not even sure what it's all about.

Lp6sYG3.gif

Tokubetsu

I'll accept any ranking of the PT albums as long as you put PT first. If you think PT2 is better than PT you're a mad man.

Cheddahz

Banned
Quick question, was Pilot Talk II recorded around the same time as Pilot Talk (since both of those albums were released a few months apart)?

Tokubetsu

Quick question, was Pilot Talk II recorded around the same time as Pilot Talk (since both of those albums were released a few months apart)?

It's like a PT1 b-sides imo. The fact that at least one of those songs appeared for free on someone else's mixtape around the time (that girl's) and the whole michael knight and michael knight remix being on there. lol dame dash

Fjordson

PT1 > PT3 > PT2
That's my rankings I thjnk. Definitely like PT 3 more than 2.

What about Stoned Immaculate though? Should I listen to that? Not seeing it mentioned as much as his other material.

Also wish Currensy had more of his music up for sale digitally in high quality.

Courage

What about Stoned Immaculate though? Should I listen to that? Not seeing it mentioned as much as his other material.

It's aight. A little generic, but still worth a listen.

Tokubetsu

Really with any Curren$y project I'm guaranteed to like at least two songs on there. I loved Stoned Immaculate though and I would probably put it over PT2 tbh. I really only fuck with AA and Famous on PT2 but they're so great they definitely elivate the whole thing a bit. Highed Up too.

Hist weakest project imo, is Weekend at Burnies. It feels like a bunch of throwaways and features probably the most boring production he's ever used. Whatever order you listen his stuff in just make sure it's near the bottom.

Weekend at Burnies was meh but yooo...She Don't Want a Man whew. Some real shit, for my niccas who appreciate milfs.

#JetsGo also whew. That shit takes me back...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So the oldies radio station I grew up with shifted a couple years ago to being the "old school" station, playing mainly funk, soul/R&B, and pop from the 70s to early 90s. Stuff ranging from Earth Wind & Fire to Prince to Bobby Brown.

Then a couple months ago a new station popped up declaring themselves the "throwback" station, and all they play is hip-hop from the late 80s to mid 90s - it pretty much sounds like what the main hip-hop station constantly aired in that timeframe (so the major nationwide hits of the time along with a lot of NorCal stuff). Driving home I heard them play ODB, LL Cool J, E-40, Lighter Shade of Brown, Master Ace, and Paperboy.

So in a decade or so, what will the label be for the 00s era stations as they blast 50 Cent tracks? Assuming "Old School" and "Throwback" are still appropriated.

DominoKid

essential currensy listening is pretty simple
PT 1-3
Covert Coup
Cigarette Boats

then i'd also recommend Stoned Immaculate and Jet Files.

then there's all the other shit to listen to where you'll find 3 or 4 tracks per project to just add to a playlist

HiResDes

Spitta Cycle:

Covert Coup > Pilot Talk > Cigarette Boats > How Fly > Jet Files > Pilot Talk II > Smokee Robinson > This Aint No Mixtape > Stoned Immaculate > Weekend at Bernie's > Muscle Car Chronicles

... Haven't heard the new one, busy listening to older releases. Smokee Robinson the most underrated.

big ander

did anyone know there was a sequel to The Man With The Iron Fists? RZA didn't direct this time but wrote the screenplay. Just went DTV it seems. The first was actually an okay HK martial arts pastiche.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
did anyone know there was a sequel to The Man With The Iron Fists? RZA didn't direct this time but wrote the screenplay. Just went DTV it seems. The first was actually an okay HK martial arts pastiche.
I only found out about it the other day in a Google Ad, lol

Wiki'd the original immediately to find it just barely broke even.

Courage

Welp, wanted to listen to some Reasonable Doubt on Spotify, and I can't find it anywhere. Googled and found out it was taken down yesterday.

Fuck Tidal.

IrishNinja

see this is why i keep all my music on a drive, so my access to it can't be limited by faulty internets/licensing/etc etc

/dustbrotherscrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom