• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

tumblr_ng60e8JIEc1rvenmoo1_500.gif

Esch

Banned
Finished up my first listen of Pilot talk 3. generally I fux with it. I'm like half awake and drunk so i'll do a song by song/in depth later.

there's some big hits, 2 misses, but overall a worthy successor
02Do2Ff.png

Vorheez

Do any of yall find that dope helps anxiety, or just makes it worse? I'm in a dark place and graspin for straws right now, and these bones tapes are only doin so much

Edit: I don't smoke, but I'm willing to try anything right now and I don't wanna do meds. Got plenty of people I can get it from so that ain't an issue

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Do any of yall find that dope helps anxiety, or just makes it worse? I'm in a dark place and graspin for straws right now, and these bones tapes are only doin so much

Edit: I don't smoke, but I'm willing to try anything right now and I don't wanna do meds. Got plenty of people I can get it from so that ain't an issue
It depends on the dope. It's affected me both ways. 😎😩 but you should go for it.

CRS

Do you have trouble sleeping from the anxiety? Weed's helped me sleep in the past. Try to find a nice indica strain and see how that treats you. I mention indica strains since there are other strains that'll sometimes do the opposite. Also, I should mention, try asking your connection and see if he has any input on the weed. Your mileage will vary but some strains will just relax you while others can kick your ass to the couch.

Do you have anyone you can talk to man?

injurai

Banned

I don't smoke weed because it makes me anxious and fucks with my vision (makes my eyes spazz and hurt and a bunch of bullshit)

Alcohol though is incredible at being everything I want it to be whilst destroying your liver. So there is always that. Moderation as always fam.

Vorheez

It depends on the dope. It's affected me both ways. 😎😩 but you should go for it.
Yeah I'm thinkin about givin it a go

Do you have trouble sleeping from the anxiety? Weed's helped me sleep in the past. Try to find a nice indica strain and see how that treats you. I mention indica strains since there are other strains that'll sometimes do the opposite.

Do you have anyone you can talk to man?
Indica strain? Cool, I'll pass that on to some friends and see if they got some. Thanks

And yeah, haven't been sleepin well at all. Ive been seeing a therapist periodically for two years now but she ain't available until mid June. Usually I'd be alright but ive had some bad triggers and I'm struggling to cope, tryin to push througg it. Doesn't help that I got finals around the corner neither

CRS

Try working out, it could help out. Also, see if there's any yoga or meditation classes at your school or nearby.

If you've never smoked, take small steps and eventually you'll notice a difference. Sounds like you might have good peoples to help you out with it though so you should be okay. Good luck man.

Vorheez

Alcohol though is incredible at being everything I want it to be whilst destroying your liver. So there is always that. Moderation as always fam.
You read my mind, was planning on having a few tonight

If you've never smoked, take small steps and eventually you'll notice a difference. Sounds like you might have good peoples to help you out with it though so you should be okay. Good luck man.
Will do, thanks fam

working out is always a good answer
Yeah I already do this, I actually posted after I got out of the gym. I have many different things I do to help cope with shit but this is a different beast I'm dealing with this time

"Alert" from Pilot Talk III whew. What a track to finish on.

Most of this album is straight
ertyuiop.gif
/10

Michael Mann camera pan- glimpse into the life that I live/
It's just rap, but it's looking like that kingpin shit so they set traps/
Tell em throw that salt back on the spice rack/

Cargo Planes, Sidewalk Show, Audio Dope 5, Pot Jar, Briefcase, Lemonade Mimosas.....All top notch Currensy

And youse guys trippin on that Riff Raff track. Catch the wave

Fjordson

Spitta is killing me with this non-digital shit.

Are there any official high quality links? Or places I can buy a high quality version?

"Alert" from Pilot Talk III whew. What a track to finish on.

Most of this album is straight http://gifyu.com/images/ertyuiop.gif[img] /10

[I]Michael Mann camera pan- glimpse into the life that I live/
It's just rap, but it's looking like that kingpin shit so they set traps/
Tell em throw that salt back on the spice rack/[/I]

Cargo Planes, Sidewalk Show, Audio Dope 5, Pot Jar, Briefcase, Lemonade Mimosas.....All top notch Currensy

And youse guys trippin on that Riff Raff track. Catch the wave[/QUOTE]

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/245e1dd0a0522ce16a011878726896e4/tumblr_inline_nl5noj41HV1sptc1c.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I can only digest Jody in small doses but he's entertaining. Definitely had an ear for good production on his latest album.

overcast

Armoire and Showroom are my favorites. So love for both Toku and Snuggles there <3

Got Pilot Talk 3. Gonna check it out now.

Fjordson

Nice selections. Guess I almost forgot how much I love this dude's music. One of my fave rappers ever.

My second fave right here, Airborne Aquarium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94c7UomD5l8

shit takes you away 2 a better place
Damn, really??

I should probably listen to more of him. I think I've only seriously listened to Pilot Talk 2 and a bit of the first Pilot Talk.

I remember the first song I heard by him was Breakfast. That song is flames.

overcast

Definitely should do Covert Coup and Cigarette Boats Fjord.

He's a rapper who has a dedicated fan base for sure, GAF-Hop is particularly favorable towards him. He has 4 albums/tapes I love and a ton of solid work in between with some dope ass tracks. So, he's a favorite of mine.

Anyone else change Curren$y to Currensy on their itunes. No dollar signs.

Fjordson

Aight, I'll check those out. I really love laid back shit in general, and he does really well in that lane from what I've heard, so I'm not sure why I've never gone deeper into his output.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, really??

I should probably listen to more of him. I think I've only seriously listened to Pilot Talk 2 and a bit of the first Pilot Talk.

I remember the first song I heard by him was Breakfast. That song is flames.
Yeah he has a pretty impressive discography. Immerse yourself in it.

On a diff note #noescape2048...easter mix is futuristic neon samuRai shit

Fjordson

Man I love the Riff Raff track. Though I'm a Riff apologist (and the beat is great).

edit: beat on the next track is even better. Goddamn.

Fjordson wat wat wat

Listen to overcast and get on Cigarette Boats and Covert Coup asap. Flawless production on both that complement Currensy perfectly. The only negative is that Cigarette Boats is an EP instead of a full album, but it's such highly concentrated dope music extract, I'd put it up against anything from the last ____ years.

Grzi

Not feeling Pilot Talk III at all. It's not bad, just boring, I expected a lot more. While Spitta's previous projects mostly sounded cohesive (and I loved them), this one just sounds samey, I seriously think I would never be able to tell most of these tracks apart (exaggerating a bit but still). The Riff Raff track is basically the only welcome change of pace, and it's not even that good. Lemonade Mimosas stands out with the production a bit, it still is most of the same but done a bit better. Oh yeah, the Styles P track, that sounds kind of different, it's decent, too bad it's basically a typical mid 00's NY beat. Did Alchemist produce this? Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom