• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Trap Lord aging well brehs. I'm cool with calling it and saying it will go down as the best thing to come out of A$AP Mob. Low key I see Ferg having a longer career in entertainment (rap or otherwise) than Rocky.

Trap Lord is an album I feel confident saying I'll be listening to at least on occasion for years to come. It's had lasting appeal for me for sure. Dunno if I like it better than LiveLove...couldn't choose between the two, but that's another project that I really love. Ferg definitely has the edge when it comes to charisma and personality. Rocky's a pretty good rapper but I've always found his persona to be pretty empty and boring.

Courage

Trap Lord is an album I feel confident saying I'll be listening to at least on occasion for years to come. It's had lasting appeal for me for sure. Dunno if I like it better than LiveLove...couldn't choose between the two, but that's another project that I really love. Ferg definitely has the edge when it comes to charisma and personality. Rocky's a pretty good rapper but I've always found his persona to be pretty empty and boring.

I agree.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice selection Toku. BTW I've been meaning to ask where you get your stems from, and what kind of shit you use to forge your beats. If you'd prefer to respond by PM (or not at all) that's fine.

Tokubetsu

Nice selection Toku. BTW I've been meaning to ask where you get your stems from, and what kind of shit you use to forge your beats. If you'd prefer to respond by PM (or not at all) that's fine.

Stems? I use Maschine 1.8. I used to use FL Studio.

Eos

Trap Lord aging well brehs. I'm cool with calling it and saying it will go down as the best thing to come out of A$AP Mob. Low key I see Ferg having a longer career in entertainment (rap or otherwise) than Rocky.

definitely agree. went through it again a couple of days ago and it's great. still think it's better than livelove and longlive, and I hope ferg drops something of this caliber again.

T Dollarz

Goddamn Pilot Talk 3 is great

Totally agree, it's like all of his recent work melded together onto one cohesive project. It belongs up there with his best projects I think.
definitely agree. went through it again a couple of days ago and it's great. still think it's better than livelove and longlive, and I hope ferg drops something of this caliber again.

Just listened to it again, it's fantastic of course. Man, I really played the fuck out of it a couple years ago. But better than LiveLoveA$AP? Nah, I can't go there. Listening again now, this is probably a top 3 mixtape of all time for me.

DominoKid

Trap Lord love is now OD. LiveLove is a classic tape. Trap Lord is just good by comparison.

studyguy

Okay so I listened to a bit of Wale's new album.
I got bored like half way through it, but it's not terrible.
Just sorta whatever. Dude exists in this nebulous zone for me I just don't care enough to pay attention to.

Finally listened to J Cole's Combat Jack interview and came away impressed. I'm surprised that he pretty much cosigned a lot of our views on his first two albums. The first album sounds unauthentic as fuck; the radio attempts, the stale concept...it just felt like a giant miss. The second album is more ambitious and darker yet still feels basic as fuck.

FHD wasn't in my top ten last year and overall I felt like it was a miss in ways. But it's his best album, clearly, and while I'm not a big fan of it I think it might point towards growth in the future. We'll see.

It's also interesting hearing how many of his social views align with mine - well, outside of the conspiracy shit of course. And like Kendrick you can tell he's struggling to find a way to crystallize and explain the change he wants made. I agree Black History Month is kind of wack at this point but I'd go farther and even question #BlackLivesMatter and these other movements, which seem 100% focused on reactions and not focused on solutions. What can we do to help our situation? And why is any discussion of this automatically labeled responsibility politics or "blaming the victim." If Malcolm X could criticize certain behaviors within the black community during the Jim Crow era, we sure as hell should be able to do the same now.

codhand

everytime All I Know comes on

i1qYn0t1I3lSl.gif

special shouts to biz for not making it this far into the album to hear it

shouts out to Esch, and also I'll send him a "fuck you" at the same time. Making me fiend for PT3 even more lol. Trying to wait...I want the highest quality on the 20th.

don't let me down spitta

Cheddahz

Banned
shouts out to Esch, and also I'll send him a "fuck you" at the same time. Making me fiend for PT3 even more lol. Trying to wait...I want the highest quality on the 20th.

don't let me down spitta

spitta is gonna end up selling all of the unsold flash drives to his dealer for some sleepytime weed on 4/20, so don't get your hopes up

The post betrothed hip-hop duo The Reminders dropped a new track today titled "Light It Up". The song has a different vibe from most of The Reminder's songs. This feels very much like a party track as propagated by the pulsing electric sounds from the instrumental by DJ Mil. The lyrics for the most part align with that. There isn't really any political or aspirational message to this track like other Reminders songs such as "Fight Back" and "You Can Count on Me". Big Samir does drop just a little bit of those motivational lyrics in there however. As far as flow goes I say that Aja comes out harder than Big Samir on here, not to say that Big Samir's verse wasn't good, just not good as Aja's. The song is pretty different from what I'm used to hearing from them and it was decent job. I'm looking forward to more from them this year. The song can be listened to below.

Light It Up

the livelove mixtape and trap lord are fairly even for me, though i think ferg is a more entertaining rapper so the latter might win out overall.

definitely think rocky is kinda....dull now though. overcast on the money on the new track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Everyone here was loving that Rocky song when it was a snippet like a month or two ago. Shit is garbage.

Trap Lord is okay. Pretty much on par with Rocky's debut and just below his mixtape for me. Ferg just can't reach the highs that Rocky has when all the parts of the song come together like a Wassup. Though that could just be Clams making the difference.

Cheddahz

Banned
Everyone here was loving that Rocky song when it was a snippet like a month or two ago. Shit is garbage.

Trap Lord is okay. Pretty much on par with Rocky's debut and just below his mixtape for me. Ferg just can't reach the highs that Rocky has when all the parts of the song come together like a Wassup. Though that could just be Clams making the difference.

You think a Big Sean album is the album of the year though

Esch

Banned
Esch cosigning this bullshit after pointing out how watered down and meaningless the term classic has become and this is the proof in the fucking pudding.

1) you mad

2) i suppose i should have simply edited it to agreeing that the love for trap lord is OD imo. It's a good solid effort, but it doesn't really ever cross the line of good -> great for me apart from Cocaine Castle. Has the underdog B-team punching above it's weight thing going for it. I would say LiveLove is great all across the board with a few missteps (houston old head and some other shit i dont care about)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom