• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Houston Old Head is generic skippable trap-lite shit you could find anywhere. It's no Peso, Get Lit, Wassup etc. Just kinda sucks.

Worry about yourself

injurai

Banned
tumblr_net02l6Z7O1rz9ehio1_1280.jpg

The first ever Analrapper.

ghetto symphony...guys remember when gunplay was so promising?

that power circle verse, tats on my arm, bible on a dash, cartoons and cereal

injurai

Banned
so i went back for some listens

i think i prefer wolves to all day, it's the chorus melody that get's me I think. Too dope.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Forget if this was posted or not: Mick Jenkins - Alchemy. This is the first song off of The Water follow-up, Wave. Tougher/trappier than I expected.

Most Expensivest Shit - Snoop & Diplo drink $100k water. #TDSGang. Dat California water tax.

Vic Mensa ft. Kanye West - U MAD. Shitty concert rip, but at least it's clear now that it's Mensa's song and not on SHMG. Sounds like a jam. Ye swagging.

Raekwon ft. Snoop Dogg - 1, 2, 1, 2 (Prod. by Scoop Deville). This is hot. Haven't heard Snoop sound like himself in so long.

KXNG CROOKED ft. Bridge - Mr. I Don’t Give a Fu€k. zzz, typical WC throwaway song

T.I., PeeWee Roscoe, Young Thug & Shad Da God - Bankrolls on Deck. This is okay, nice laid back vibe.

OG Maco & Johnny Cinco - Face Card. Prime cooking music.

overcast

LongLiveASAP has:
Goldie, PMW, LVL, 1 Train, Suddenly, Ghetto Symphony, and Angels. I'll definitely take that over

Ferg Forever:
Dope Walk, Ja Rule, and Reloaded.

I'll take LongLive. That album is full of shit though. Both are pretty fucking poor efforts. LongLive was far more disappointing though.

Thinking about it, Phoenix is the best track on the Asap album imo. (unless ghetto symphony counts)

reminded me of the good, the bad and the queen.

edit: q was dope as hell on PMW

Also the dude that is either totally BSing or couldn't recognize Snoop Dogg on Institutionalized.

Honestly I think TDE management reached out to him or something. He could have easily spoiled the Tupac thing on Mortal Man, instead he just said the track was just Kendrick talking for 8 minutes.

Dereck

2015, the year where every rapper just said fuck advertising and released shit.

Death Grips and Beyonce da real MVPs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Combat Jack ethers Peter Rosenberg

welp lol. Not many lies detected. I like Rosenberg in the sense that he's a rap nerd like me. But dude is also VERY corny, like Ebro.
The title is so accurate, would go as far as saying no lies told. This is the first im hearing of the anti-Semite stuff but if true this pretty much confirms Rosenberg an emotional, privileged fuck boy. This is how you assassinate a character.

Rosenberg should have never become a personality and they should have left him to his nerd shit.

Everything about Hot97's morning show rubs me wrong. It's kind of like preaching to the choir to even mention it but the way these guys high key abuse Laura's presence while constantly trying to remind you that they're on a moral high ground is kind of disgusting.

The title is so accurate, would go as far as saying no lies told. This is the first im hearing of the anti-Semite stuff but if true this pretty much confirms Rosenberg an emotional, privileged fuck boy. This is how you assassinate a character.

Rosenberg should have never become a personality and they should have left him to his nerd shit.

Everything about Hot97's morning show rubs me wrong. It's kind of like preaching to the choir to even mention it but the way these guys high key abuse Laura's presence while constantly trying to remind you that they're on a moral high ground is kind of disgusting.

Their show is pathetic. The pervy way they talk to many female guests, including the way they talk to Laura, is just crazy. Charlamange says some wild shit on the Breakfast Club but it's never the focus of the conversation, overall. That Tinashe interview was cringe inducing. Now obviously she played a role by participating, she clearly benefits from sexual talk etc...but many female artists want their music to be the focus. Not "who are you dating/fucking/your tits are amazing/etc."

And real talk...if you're into mainstream shit, why would you want to hear Rosenberg interview your favorite artist? All he does is steer the conversation into nerd shit the average person doesn't want to hear.

DominoKid

damn yall must listen to a lot of Hot 97 interviews. i couldn't stand Ebro and Rosenberg long enough to have all these problems w/ them.

I can barely stand Rosenberg on the Grantland wrestling podcast.

HiResDes

Houston Old Head is generic skippable trap-lite shit you could find anywhere. It's no Peso, Get Lit, Wassup etc. Just kinda sucks.

Worry about yourself
It's got Work, Shabba Ranks, Let It Go, Lord, Fuck Outta My Face...Super dope hype tracks that Rocky could never quite match the energy on... Rocky is pretty much single handedly carried by beats while Ferg can elevate a track with his intangibles. I'm with Courage.

Cheddahz

Banned
gave both of those tyler tracks a listen and i'm not a huge fan of "deathcamp", but i really dig "fucking young / perfect", like a whole lot

All I know

Rocky mixtape: dope overall
Rocky album: trash overall
Ferg album: I've heard some tracks I like, some I don't like
Ferg mixtape: never heard it, is probably trash

Who cares.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ferg album was incredible. I had to suck down my pride and admit I judged it too quickly because I trashed it initially.
Ferg mixtape was bloated and lazy. He's gotten on this weird sing songy off kilter trying to be ODB thing recently and the album was just song after song of it. Still had a handful of bangers though.
Rocky mixtape was perfect headphones music.
Rocky album was decent speakers music.

The biggest problem with the ASAP crew in general for me is that they are all corny and fake as hell. They can make some great music but they are like that group of kids who pose with fake money and a BB gun for their facebook pictures. I find myself simultaneously enjoying their music while wanting to elbow them in the face.

The Ferg verse on Ghetto Symphony makes it unlistenable

Yea I pretty much wrote dude off after that verse. Shit was his reverse renegade.

Album was dope tho. Ferg Forever was garbage water.

That new Tyler track isn't bad off a first listen. Will go into his project with low expectations but hopefully he's grown/matured a bit as an artist to make some good music and no garbage like Tamale or BSD.

Earl -> Tyler -> Frank

damn. Frank will probably sell the most tbh.

New Mick Jenkins is cool too.

Still gotta check out that Ikey.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
it's even better, somehow

(bop is a chicago dance/subgenre. the happy turnup cousin of drill, basically. autotune, juke/footwork influences and similarities to ATL stuff)

I know, I'm just being a dick because that cover is 8000 pounds of concentrated stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom