• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyFog

My god, this new Tyler is fucking awful. Sounds like he's trying to do his best Death Grips impersonation and failing miserably.

wack.jpg

Haven't listened to the new Tyler but the impressions on KTT and The Coli are pretty ehh, especially about the mixing. I can't help but think even OF fanboys are tired of his shit by now.

codhand

must suck watching your favorite artist, go from eating roaches and messed up lyrics to this. it's like he was on that express lane to irrelevance

come to think of it, he warned us years ago, how he rapped at 16 wasnt how hed rap forever, well, he got that right.

Nibel

Who the fuck mixed this?
KuGsj.gif

I have enough issues figuring out lyrics because of the general language barrier and usage of slang, but man I can't acoustically understand the majority of lyrics

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Haven't listened to the new Tyler but the impressions on KTT are pretty ehh, especially about the mixing. I can't help but think even OF fanboys are tired of his shit by now.

That's my problem with it. It seems intentional in most places. That doesn't matter though. It's still weak. Cherry Bomb sounds like it was ran through Maximus mastering plugin with the destruction preset. I can see what he's going for, but it's still not good sounding. A lot of others, the vocals are getting bullied by the beat.

It's ok in some spots.

Nibel

Some of the production is actually pretty good, but having Tyler on these beats feels weird. Sometimes he fits, sometimes not. Other productions are unlistenable; that Cherry Bomb track is pure torture on the ears.

And man, the mixing is really bad throughout the entire album; no idea who greenlit this.

Ye feature is fucking nice, though. This is the Ye we love.

Az

Listened to most of Yelawolf. Eminem track is ok.

Album will do well at the CMA awards. Sounds like a Sons of Anarchy soundtrack.

i like the new tyler and i don't normally like him. the mixing is a little weird but i dont mind not really hearing him cause he normally just stresses me me out with how obnoxious he is.
Wayne and Kanye features are ON POINT, I wouldn't have bothered listening to it if I didn't hear that song first.

Coming up to finals any recommendations on hip hop to study to?

studyguy

Like all deals with the devil, initial sweetness belies the poisons hidden in the details my man.
Shame Aubrey's soul had to go out that way.

your-soul-is-mine-fatality-o.gif

Esch

Banned
I don't get it. He's going for her head like he likes it, then he looks like he just saw a puppy get ran over.
1) He was into it and then remembered where he was.

2) He was into it and then she was extra with the tongue.

3) He was into it and then realized he was digging into Nause and 2Pac's sloppy seconds.
But he's usually into that.

IrishNinja

tyler & yela? looks like i didn't miss much

*edit did esh & co watch Daredevil? i'm hopin ya'll can finally truly appreciate this white man's burden

That Tyler song's beat reminds me of the GOAT Nerd song. Also sounds like it would be a lot better with a better rapper/songwriter instead of Tyler...but overall it's not a bad song.

edit: I forgot how hot the dancing chick in that video was. Damn. Probably someone's grandmother now.

Crud

Banned
Haven't listened to the new Tyler but the impressions on KTT and The Coli are pretty ehh, especially about the mixing. I can't help but think even OF fanboys are tired of his shit by now.

OF Fan here. Wolf is better this album is messy. I need to spend more time. But first impression is messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom