• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Ka follows me on twitter. I'm thinking about DMing him and requesting an interview. Would anyone be interested in pooling some questions?

have you heard of gaf-hop?

i still need to go and listen through all of his stuff. I only checked out a few tracks on youtube. Liked pretty much everything I heard. Gunna be catching up on a bunch of stuff once this semester is done with.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds

ftvNgWu.gif

Floridian

Lengthy Kanye article on Paper Mag

I think it's so important for me, as an artist, to give Drake as much information as I can, A$AP, Kendrick, Taylor Swift, any of these younger artists as much information as I can to make better music in the future. We should all be trying to make something that's better. It's funny that I worked at the Gap in high school, because in my past 15 years it seems like that's the place I stood in my creative path -- to be the gap, the bridge.

It's easier for people who focus on it all day and who are younger in their concept of what they want to do with it. I am not what I would consider truly a musician. I am an inventor. I am an innovator. Graduation was an innovation. 808s & Heartbreak was an innovation. The song "Niggas in Paris" was an innovation. "Only One" was an innovation. "FourFiveSeconds" was an innovation. I care about innovating. I don't care about capitalizing off of something that we've seen or heard a thousand times. I'm not a capitalist in that way. I'm an innovator. That's my job. I like two things: I like innovating and I like making things better. It's not that I always have to invent things that are new. Sometimes I can take something that's there and attempt to make a better version and that's what gets me off. Bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom