• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
mOZIk6P.png

Soon

Me and my brother have been debating this recently, figured I'd post it here. Pete Rock recently posted his picks for the three greatest disses of all - Ether, Bitch In Yoo, and...2nd Round Knockout. By picking that track I assume he thinks Canibus won that battle with LL Cool J. Dunno brehs...

I'd say overall 2nd Round Knockout is a dope diss but I thought LL won that beef with one line ("99% of your fans don't exist"). That was too potent to come back from.

Me and my brother have been debating this recently, figured I'd post it here. Pete Rock recently posted his picks for the three greatest disses of all - Ether, Bitch In Yoo, and...2nd Round Knockout. By picking that track I assume he thinks Canibus won that battle with LL Cool J. Dunno brehs...

I'd say overall 2nd Round Knockout is a dope diss but I thought LL won that beef with one line ("99% of your fans don't exist"). That was too potent to come back from.

Can't even respect that beef due to LL misinterpreting props, telling Canibus to take out the "diss" but keeping his diss verse.

Hoe shit all around really

IrishNinja

Can't even respect that beef due to LL misinterpreting props, telling Canibus to take out the "diss" but keeping his diss verse.

Hoe shit all around really

yeah regardless how it started, cannibus got bodied on wax

Cheddahz

Banned
nobody really doesn't give a shit
all of this shit won't matter one day
we'll all just be worth less than shit one day
one day, this world will just be shit

CRS

i appreciate that we're not talking about Khalifa's new album name in here

yooooo

so jelly...impressions so far?

eagerly awaiting impressions

I know you was also bout Russian Roulette being one of the GOAT, so hurry up bruh

Might be my album of the year and that's after listening to Dr. Yen Lo. Might be a tie but overall, Alchemist did not disappoint. The beats are on point, plenty of voice samples, amazing musical samples, but as much as I tried to believe rappers weren't going to be necessary, I think they were. Only because I know there are rappers that would absolutely murk these beats (Gibbs). If you didn't like the "skits" from Roulette, then Israeli Salad is better in that regard. There are some amazing high points on the album, perhaps not as high as Russian Roulette, but still overall extremely consistent. He created another experience which is what I was hoping for.

I posted some snippets on Whatsapp.

IrishNinja

Def_Squad_Presents_Erick_Onasis.jpg

was revisiting this one (been on a Def Squad kick) and goddamn @ that feature list: Eazy-E, Quick, Xzibit, Slick Rick, Too $hort, PMD, Ja Rule & of course the rest of the crew (Keith Murray & Redman). few skippalbes as always but a lotta classic joints on here.

Fjordson

I, personally, didn't even listen to that Ka album until I put like 4 people into the ground and turned off my kitchen lights.

That's just me though. Gotta be in the right mindset, nah'msayin?

Fjordson

I booted up Witcher 3 in the middle of the night, took Geralt into the middle of nowhere, and then meditated until it was midnight in-game before I heard that Ka. Immersion at its finest.

IrishNinja

brehs, did i ever tell you about my time in the Boshin War?

it was a dark time for the empire, and having been wounded in a previous gaijin battle, I found myself in glorious nippon - a lone white man, tasked with bringing honor to these noble savages. we fought bravely, but many were mowed down by devilish gatling guns, forever removing their names from the pages of history.

as the great Musashi lied there dying, I'll never forget what he said "Oh great king weaboo from the west, thank you for appropriating and surely improving upon our culture. but I must know: whatever brought you here?" Before assisting him in honorable sudoku, i smirked, put on my headphones & said "Bruh...I was just trying to get the right vibe for Dr. Yen Lo."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom