• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Marvin's Room/Buried Alive or Poetic Justice?
Marvin's Room/BR for me. Marvin's Room is a classic song, then you got the Chilly Gonzales piano outro, and then that flows perfectly into BR. The fact that it was Kenny all by himself was pretty dope and the beat was great.

overcast

Any of you guys know of some decent ear plugs for concerts? I haven't had ringing ears in a minute, but when I go to a festival I might need them on deck.

IrishNinja

these receipts look like they come from a bodega operating outside the back of a wal-mart
you should shop better places WW

nottu this shit again
really can't click on a Vlad thing right now either

Okay. Tried to get into that Dr. Yen Lo twice in the last few days after the hype here and couldn't. But now on the third real listen, I get it. The production, whew. I don't like the delivery personally, but it suits the soundscape stilistically.

it's a subdued style that really works when you're in that zone, not so much for the whip or evicting hype/other emotions like many hip hop tracks do...as you said, it's painting a soundscape

his monotone style also works for me as a huge Gang Starr fan in the day, even though their voices (infliction, imagery etc) aren't really comparable beyond that

Any of you guys know of some decent ear plugs for concerts? I haven't had ringing ears in a minute, but when I go to a festival I might need them on deck.

if the concert's not worth perma damage then just stay home cast
sorry man, no idea - i was supposed to use the small foamy ones at a prior job but never really did

Koozek

Whoa, wtf. Wonder if these are legitimately considered to be on the album. Also puzzled at a potential Kendrick feature. Some of those sounded cool, but who the fuck knows. Hype for VFT6, think it'll be a lot better than If You're Reading This.

What the fuck? I agree he is on some poor features, but some of his best verses are on features.
Buried Alive (Drake). The City (The Game). Jealous (Fredo Santana). Blessed (Schoolboy Q). Birds and the Beez (Schoolboy Q).
Motherfucking Nosetalgia (Pusha T). This one is some legendary shit.

Eh, I don't like any of those, besides maybe Buried Alive (EDIT: oh, and the Pusha one). Always felt like skipping his verse on Blessed, too. Whatever, only few big rappers today can make sonically consistent albums like he does, so it's all good.

Esch

Banned
kendrick has lots of good features, i think he even got the nod from gaf hop in 2012 for some of the features he killed.

It was in 2013/14 when he started getting slated for them

I've never worn ear plugs at concerts but I've worked with heavy machinery in the past and used 3M earplugs to great effect. It really depends on what you're looking for as some ear plugs block out sound while others just reduce db (this is what you want) and I hear Hearos are great for that and they seem to be pretty cheap just to buy a pair and try out.

Buying a Kendrick feature seems like such a bad investment. With Drake/Cole/Wale/etc you know what you're going to get. The same verses people want, the same hooks people want. Whereas with Kendrick you run the risk of him overthinking your pop song (Chris Brown track) and doing something weird, or yelling on your simple track (Spider Man 2 song), etc.

He seems to have very little interest in just doing a verse. It has to be a concept or some other experiment for him. It worked perfect on Nosetalgia for instance but what if you just want a party verse?

Kendrick has had dope party verses we ball, RIP remix, collard greens etc. he's straight in terms of features the fact that he can attack the track differently is the prime reason people would want him in the first place.

Tracklist for A.L.L.A.

1. Holy Ghost
2. Canal St. (feat. Bones)
3. Fine Whine (feat. M.I.A. & Future)
4. L$D
5. Excuse Me
6. JD
7. Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2
8. Electric Body (feat. Schoolboy Q)
9. Jukebox Joints (feat. Kanye West & Joe Fox)
10. Max B
11. Pharsyde
12. Wavybone (feat. Juicy J & UGK)
13. Westside Highway (feat. James Fauntleroy)
14. Better Things
15. M'$ (feat. Lil Wayne) [Remix]
16. Dreams
17. Everyday (feat. Rod Stewart & Miguel)
18. Back Home (feat. Mos Def, Acyde & Yams)

Looking forward to it I'm feeling LSD after a couple of listens. Not sure but I've heard kanye is featured on the jukebox track as well

Courage

ALLA tracklist

1. Holy Ghost
4. L$D
5. Excuse Me
6. JD
9. Jukebox Joints (prod. by Kanye West)
10. Max B
11. Pharsyde
14. Better Things
16. Dreams

Dat Bones feature and Ye production.

edit: rasta's 2quick4me

Koozek

Buying a Kendrick feature seems like such a bad investment. With Drake/Cole/Wale/etc you know what you're going to get. The same verses people want, the same hooks people want. Whereas with Kendrick you run the risk of him overthinking your pop song (Chris Brown track) and doing something weird, or yelling on your simple track (Spider Man 2 song), etc.

He seems to have very little interest in just doing a verse. It has to be a concept or some other experiment for him. It worked perfect on Nosetalgia for instance but what if you just want a party verse?

You explained perfectly what I meant. That Spiderman 2 song is hot garbage and the type of flow I hate Kendrick doing so, so much.

Eos

tlKQY8w.png

Now a update from 88 Keys could be a track for the new Diddy album now though

Dereck

1. Holy Ghost
4. L$D
5. Excuse Me
6. JD
9. Jukebox Joints (prod. by Kanye West)
10. Max B
11. Pharsyde
14. Better Things
16. Dreams
Brehs, BREHS

Esch

Banned
PD's Ha remix :dead:

Man Yen Lo is great. I don't know if it has the same level of crazy standouts like The Night's Gambit did but overall it's super impressive. Will write a review soon

xZQ0CVn.gif

gotta get that release date ha
top 100 most influential people ha
biting Hov's BP3 playbook ha
you said you didn't fuck with Bruno Mars ha
now you doing a song with him ha
pop shit and apologize ha
you're probably filming all this for the reality show ha

you done switched from jansport to duffle bags ha
gpyh2Fr.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RIP Remix is one of the best Kendrick features, if not the best. Son was firing on all cylinders.

EDIT: I mean, it's not hard to rap over a Mustard beat but the way his flows weave into each other, goddamn

not gonna lie, Trap Queen wasn't really getting spins from me when it came out but after this past weekend there's no doubt in my mind what a great party song it is
whew

Cudder

a fucking Bones feature on Rocky's new album, holy shit. he's on the same album as Kanye West, I don't even believe this shit.

DominoKid

BUSH is fucking amazing. This shit is like a whole album of Signs.

Pharrell is my dude but I KNOW Chad helped on this. Pharrell can't do this by himself.

Pharrell is my dude but I KNOW Chad helped on this. Pharrell can't do this by himself.

He does have a credit on So Many Pros which I think is the best produced track I wouldn't doubt he had a lot of work to do in this project.

Man Yen Lo is great. I don't know if it has the same level of crazy standouts like The Night's Gambit did but overall it's super impressive. Will write a review soon

IDK man, Day 0, Day 777 (someone called this Kurosawa rap, so perfect), Day 81, Day 22, Day 93, Day 13 (sounds like a God's Son era Nas track, in a good way), Day 912....all great, great standouts IMO. I think the albums are about even, excelling in their particular soundscapes.

Day 0 and Day 912 might be my 2 favorite Ka tracks yet.

Never in a million years would I believe someone if they said I'd be enjoying a Pharrell produced Snoop album in 2015 so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom