• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Still not sure who Donnie Trumpet is, but can't hate on a free album from Chance.

Edit: two tracks in and I'm listening to Busta Rhymes spit over summer BBQ music. Sold.

Esch

Banned
earl got the shovel out on OF stans.

EARL ‏@earlxsweat
TO ALL ODD FUTURE RUNOFF: SAVE YOURSELF YEARS OF EMBARRASSMENT AND STOP DRESSING LIKE AN EASTER BASKET, GO TALK TO SOME BITCHES! TRUSMEDADY
iKfCyL2isIXb6.gif

Fjordson

Man I'm liking Surf a lot. It's not really a Chance the Rapper hip-hop album, but it's pretty interesting.

Edit: Quavo showing up on like an upbeat gospel beat. This is great.

RPS37

Since all I listen to nowadays is Spotify, Surf is the only album on my phone. Hopefully that's a good thing.

Be back later with my usual one sentence impressions.

This new interview with The Alchemist is fascinating guys. Talks about him and Just Blaze, cooking, going on tour with Em, dueling beats with Just Blaze at the Clash, and it explains why him and Jay never released a song. I thought it was because of the Mobb Deep beef but alc explains it in full :(

https://soundcloud.com/awasteoftime/1-the-alchemist

dying at how Jay told Alc to stop wasting his beats, word to Enzo

I'm liking Alchemist's answers but jesus christ these hosts are like the stereotypical asinine Jewish dudes - no shots. Non stop name dropping, insane insider connections that don't even make sense, and not funny at all.

Not to mention all the "oh that guy? Yea we'll have him on the show soon" stuff. Ok. I fuck with Juan Epstein, yall know I like Peter Rosenberg. I fuck with Combat Jack obviously although his emotional cornball shit is getting tiring (I'm guessing yall didn't see his twitter fuckery a few weeks ago, attacking Nas presumably because he didn't want to come on the show lol). But these dudes...meh.

IrishNinja

halfway through new Alc and im digging it but not as much as russian so far, still great

also sup Cheeks

Man this Run the Jewels tour poster is amazing. And it's official from RTJ:

goddamn, that's 2 posters from them i want now

Free Blasian.

Damn @ Blasian getting clapped for upside down posts lol. Random.

no way it was that post though right? no way...RIP either way

I give her two months before she says something stupid about Jews and gets dropped from this.

ahaha...was gonna say maybe now she finds a lane that works for her, but really it's just new bridges to burn

HiResDes

Yo this Remy Bank's is a great boom-bap that perfectly captures the magic of what made those NY classics so enduring with just a bit of added wave to keep it from sounding stale. Highly recommended.

Koozek

I really like London On Da Tracks' beats. Some of them sound like straight out of some dreamy JRPG OST with knocking trap drums thrown on it. Works very well with Thugga.

Oh, and yeah, Surf is nice!

Esch

Banned
Y'all fucking with this Chance album? Running through it now and it cracks me up. This shit reminds me of an after school PBS special. Like this Wanna Be Cool song with Smedium Sean is like an episode of Clifford where they try and teach you to be independent and that you don't have to do what the cool kids do or dress like they do. Like some programming that was on a list approved by a parent teacher council that had PhoenixDark's parents on it. Shit sounds like the soundtrack to a commercial featuring an ethnic rainbow cast somewhere in between Arthur and Doug.

gsTTAos.gif

Fjordson

I like it. Definitely some cheese in a few spots, but I don't mind cheese.

I'm fine with Wanna Be Cool until Kyle comes on. Holy shit.

Detox

Y'all fucking with this Chance album? Running through it now and it cracks me up. This shit reminds me of an after school PBS special. Like this Wanna Be Cool song with Smedium Sean is like an episode of Clifford where they try and teach you to be independent and that you don't have to do what the cool kids do or dress like they do. Like some programming that was on a list approved by a parent teacher council that had PhoenixDark's parents on it. Shit sounds like the soundtrack to a commercial featuring an ethnic rainbow cast somewhere in between Arthur and Doug.

gsTTAos.gif
I hope the zipper on your jacket gets stuck.

overcast

Definitely gotta accept the cheese that comes with Chance. Just part of the equation, I don't mind it. I know why some hate that shit though. It's a bit much. Haven't liked his stuff lately aside from Sunday Candy which is ultimate cheese.

That being said I have been too busy to listen to Surf today.

HiResDes

gsTTAos.gif

You ain't gotta act hard all the time just because you have a Bolo avatar breh. If you can fuck with Weeknd and Drake you can fuck with this shit. Smooth as fuck, some great snazzy instrumentation, and a great BBQ/Late-Evening record to throw on with some radlers and Chardonnay on deck.

Esch

Banned
You ain't gotta act hard all the time just because you have a Bolo avatar breh. If you can fuck with Weeknd and Drake you can fuck with this shit. Smooth as fuck, some great snazzy instrumentation, and a great BBQ/Late-Evening record to throw on with some radlers and Chardonnay on deck.

Hard? This shit sounds like hip hop Glee.

mqdefault.jpg

Esch

Banned
dont wanna be cool

DONT WANNA BE COOL

you should just beee youuu

BE YOUUUU

NA NA NA

NA NA NA

*cue Big Sean verse about getting worse grades than his brothers*

iHX1qSzwuY8Sv.gif

Status