• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Grzi

Dope songs on ALLA:
Canal St.
L$D from 2:24 to 2:42
Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2
Max B

Decent songs:
Fine Whine
Jukebox Joints (except for the Ye verse)
Pharsyde
Wavybone (expected to love this one but it ended up being only ok)

Shitty songs that should have been left out:
Excuse Me
Dreams (Interlude)
Maybe a couple of others, i don't feel like listening again to check.

The rest are not bad but I don't really care about them too much.

Fjordson

Odd Future decline is kinda sad to me. I disliked the majority of their music, but I dunno it was kinda neat to see just some group of weird kids (+ Frank Ocean) build up a whole brand and be successful

I'm sure they had a ton of help behind the scenes and whatnot, but still.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First Impressions - A$AP Rocky's At Long Last A$AP

Listening through this felt a lot like listening through Long Live A$AP: there's a chunk of smoother, mellowed joints, some tougher (intended) bangers, and some stuff inbetween. Like Long Live A$AP it kind of goes in and out from what you want from Rocky. Sometimes you just wish x went harder, y gave you a stronger vibe/emotion or z basic rhyme didn't kind of spoil you on the song at large. Maybe it's putting him in a box and discouraging experimentation, but Rocky at his best is always creating a vibe, whether it's cooking/swag music like Wassup, fight-a-motherfucker-music like Brand New Guy, or some light introspective vibe stuff like Demons or Phoenix, and in my head I kind of judge whether I like his stuff or not based on how often I get that vibe.

Holy Ghost, Canal St., Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye II, Wavybone and I'll even say M'$ do that for me. Standouts are probably the first three listed above, but the it has a ton of okay to good album cuts that I'm cool with as well include Electric Body, Jukebox Joints (sans Ye verse of course), Fine Whine, JD, Pharsyde, and Better Things. That's a good chunk of the album that is very listenable.

Production is good enough and the features are generally good enough to bad. The Kanye feature is probably the worst this year, and I didn't really enjoy the James Fauntleroy feature either, which is rare. The Mos Def feature was kind of whatever, even though he sounds like himself. Rocky is a bit more lyrically impressive than usual, but it doesn't really get spotlighted/utilized so it's whatever. Overall, the album is cool in my books, better than I expected by a single standard deviation, nothing to write home about, but not really garbage either.

tl;dr:

math-dance.gif

Esch

Banned
This new interview with The Alchemist is fascinating guys. Talks about him and Just Blaze, cooking, going on tour with Em, dueling beats with Just Blaze at the Clash, and it explains why him and Jay never released a song. I thought it was because of the Mobb Deep beef but alc explains it in full :(

https://soundcloud.com/awasteoftime/1-the-alchemist

dying at how Jay told Alc to stop wasting his beats, word to Enzo

Nibel

Thank you so so much for wearing your true colors to every single fuckin function
had niggas tell me to my face how we were family and how they love me
while they were schemin off the budget, now when i see em they the ones actin funny
people been reachin out to me but im on some straight on (?)responsive shit(?)
Look i would have so many friends if I didnt have money, success, and accomplishments
I would have so many friends if I held back the truth and just gave out compliments
I would have all of your fans if i didnt go pop and I stayed on some conscious shit
Man, I would have so many more friends if I lost my respect and my confidence
'Cause im in the club every time that they play the competition
if they even play the competition
and i see no response they get, nobody's even hearing it
on top of the pyramid, might go to Detroit and disappear again
My circle got so small that its a period, saying to myself....

Yall better not come to my studio with that fake shit
Yall better not come to my funeral with that fake shit
All I...All I...All I ever ask is that you keep it 100
Yall better not come to my studio with that fake shit
Yall better not come to my funeral with that fake shit
Your better off realizing there's nothing you can do with me
All I ever ask is you keep it 8 more than 92 with me....100

Dem Cash Money shots
jwaoknxetbm3ctysqd.png

Here's a better version btw, no idea why there are so many garbo cellphones out there

Fjordson

"had niggas tell me to my face how we were family and how they love me
while they were schemin off the budget, now when i see em they the ones actin funny"

ImisO7O.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This new interview with The Alchemist is fascinating guys. Talks about him and Just Blaze, cooking, going on tour with Em, dueling beats with Just Blaze at the Clash, and it explains why him and Jay never released a song. I thought it was because of the Mobb Deep beef but alc explains it in full :(

https://soundcloud.com/awasteoftime/1-the-alchemist

dying at how Jay told Alc to stop wasting his beats, word to Enzo
For their first podcast, this was really good, they're great at keeping conversation going. Wonder why they haven't done a podcast earlier.

There's a new Jewish hip-hop podcast on the horizon, watch out Rosenberg. I really want them to interview Hip Hop. You hear about this guy everywhere but he really is some mythical creature like they say. Plus you gotta be that dude if people give you a nickname or you give yourself the nickname "Hip Hop" and pretty much everyone is cool with it and respects you.

DominoKid

earl got the shovel out on OF stans.

EARL ‏@earlxsweat
TO ALL ODD FUTURE RUNOFF: SAVE YOURSELF YEARS OF EMBARRASSMENT AND STOP DRESSING LIKE AN EASTER BASKET, GO TALK TO SOME BITCHES! TRUSMEDADY

Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment (Chance The Rapper) - Surf (album is free on iTunes)

Anyone who wants to be a real artist, and want to stay a star, and don't want to have to worry about the trumpeter being all in the videos...all on the record...blowing...come to Cash Money Records.
TcPaxdt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom