• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

On a scale from "noise you hear when you stab a giraffe" to "conscious shower thoughts", I rate this 5 BBQ out of 5 BBQ

It's surprisingly well produced

Shit is killing me

lkhOmJk.jpg

HiResDes

dont wanna be cool

DONT WANNA BE COOL

you should just beee youuu

BE YOUUUU

NA NA NA

NA NA NA

*cue Big Sean verse about getting worse grades than his brothers*

iHX1qSzwuY8Sv.gif

You just mad Chance made a successful yacht rap album after all of Hov's overly forced and failed attempts

Esch

Banned
You just mad Chance made a successful yacht rap album after all of Hov's overly forced and failed attempts

A) this won't be successful

B) Chance casually switched his style up from having odd future x asap rocky suburbia drug problems to showing up at Beginning Band class with a backpack full of cocoa butter, blackalicious sheet music and a foamposite recorder. inside the space of a couple months.

C) nobody who owns a yacht would be caught dead listening to this music for 7th graders.

Esch

Banned
Point B is phenomenal, I don't have a rebuttal, touche.

yeshrug.png

NGL i'm hating a bit extra for comedy purposes. There's a free, fun, casual aspect to the album that's appealing. And it's definitely an intentional sonic / culture departure from everything else in Chicago. I mean i get it. He wants to change attitudes hence the whole The Social Experiment schtick. But in practice it's a little bit like when the TV is on in the background at 3AM when you're working on something and then the infomercial for this comes on and you're suddenly like

EagrEXx.gif

and then you're like wait a minute what am i listening to right now

DominoKid

Playing some of this Surf at work...this thhe corniest shit I heard in a minute. Yall cant be for real with this Save The Music ass shit

Earl is the Derrick Rose of rap yall
d-rose-dance.gif

I don't like shit, I don't go outside

autists make the best rappers yall. Earl out here letting calls from Madlib go to voicemail, like Nas dodging Premo's calls in 1995.

"Hey Nas, I'm in the studio. I got some dope beats. These bums tho...they call themselves Group Home...they trying to take the beats. Come save these vibes son. Imma call Jay too, if that's ok."
QfEBYuB.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All these shots at Chance and it's not even really his project...
He was also the most buzzing rookie in rap at some point and has pretty much put all of his chips on The Social Experiment ever since. It's his brainchild and lovechild. I don't even know if Chance even wants to have his own solo debut. Dude is floating through the ether on Donny Trumpet's back. :dame

Courage

Acid Rap also had great production marred by Chance's awful presence on it. I can't stand the dude unless he's doing some innocuous spoken word shit.

"Hey Earl it's me Harry Fraud. Got some beats for an EP. I can get you an Uber driver to the studio breh, come down to the studio. I'm stuck here with Riff Raff, come on breh, take some of this heat..."

"yo Earl it's Wiki...I'm trying to create a rap group breh. Think I'll call it Ratking. Got a couple candidates, it's down to you or some British motherfucker who's coming to the studio tomorrow. Come through and let's see if this works out"

"Earl, what's up it's Alan. Yo I'm in Cali. Doing another rapper-producer album, come through man. I was gonna just go down to Gonzales Park and see if I can find a rapper but how about you come to the studio instead."

*erase messages*
tumblr_mkx1ezODKH1s3ql1jo1_500.gif

big ander

"Hey Earl it's me Harry Fraud. Got some beats for an EP. I can get you an Uber driver to the studio breh, come down to the studio. I'm stuck here with Riff Raff, come on breh, take some of this heat..."

"yo Earl it's Wiki...I'm trying to create a rap group breh. Think I'll call it Ratking. Got a couple candidates, it's down to you or some British motherfucker who's coming to the studio tomorrow. Come through and let's see if this works out"

"Earl, what's up it's Alan. Yo I'm in Cali. Doing another rapper-producer album, come through man. I was gonna just go down to Gonzales Park and see if I can find a rapper but how about you come to the studio instead."

*erase messages*

csl1w9eq1l.png

Tokubetsu

*erase messages*

https://twitter.com/earlxsweat/status/602042199132409856

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

*erase messages*
Incredible.

Fjordson

*erase messages*
full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom