• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IDK about trash but it definitely has a lot of the bad elements of brostep thrown in on every other song. Most songs sound disjointed.

Trap is just a weird genre. A lot of times there's some great sequence and then it's fucked up by the drop or the trap-equivalent of a drop. Hudmo/TNGHT been kinda stuck in that rut for a while.

big ander

The hudmo has too many drops? Huh, the first reactions I read compared it to Rustie's Green Language saying it was just too flat overall. still need to play it.

Listening to Surf......

I'm gonna need a chance project sans Donnie trumpet and the Titos.

Idk who thought having Kyle and Chance on the same song was a good idea. Jesus.

There are some fun songs on there though and the instrumentation is great.

Dereck

I don't get how anyone can be such a big fan of Eminem post Eminem Show. He hasn't really done anything impressive since then, some one fill me in.

I'm at the point where I'm questioning my own taste and shit, smh

I don't get how anyone can be such a big fan of Eminem post Eminem Show. He hasn't really done anything impressive since then, some one fill me in.

I'm at the point where I'm questioning my own taste and shit, smh

CACs

also did you hear dat one song where he yelled really loud and rapped really fast

mad flow son...just straight powerful MC

Dereck

CACs

also did you hear dat one song where he yelled really loud and rapped really fast

mad flow son...just straight powerful MC
nIg6XwV.png

A little disappointed in finding out that Young Zee's Musical Meltdown's remaster comes from that promo tape that was floating around rather than the original masters after listening to it in good headphones but I'll still take it.

I should probably be thankful considering the label that was supposed to drop it in 1996 folded decades ago.

Fjordson

Listening to Surf......

I'm gonna need a chance project sans Donnie trumpet and the Titos.

Idk who thought having Kyle and Chance on the same song was a good idea. Jesus.

There are some fun songs on there though and the instrumentation is great.
Man Kyle is really weird on Wanna Be Cool. Fucking derails it so badly.

My favourite feature on Surf is surprisingly Quavo on Familiar I think.

Hud Mo is 0/2 with his solo releases so far.
Yep. Disappointing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So Rodeo may be coming pretty soon there's some hints on Travis's twitter and Mike Dean mentioned he's mastering and mixing a album right now.
Don't know what to expect from this but I'm ready. Nothing But Net is still tough but High Fashion didn't go anywhere with me. Fiending for a less trap more Owl Pharoah kind of project from La Flame but I think he's doubling down. I hope at the very least some of the songs him & Weeknd did together make it onto the album.

KTT dude who leaked some stuff for Yeezus is saying "6/7" which I assume means June 7th.

Don't know what to expect from this but I'm ready. Nothing But Net is still tough but High Fashion didn't go anywhere with me. Fiending for a less trap more Owl Pharoah kind of project from La Flame but I think he's doubling down. I hope at the very least some of the songs him & Weeknd did together make it onto the album.

KTT dude who leaked some stuff for Yeezus is saying "6/7" which I assume means June 7th.

I actually feel the opposite on High Fashion and Nothing but Net. But what I've heard is the album is more like Owl Pharoah than DBR last time he talked about it. I'm looking forward to it either way I fuck with both projects heavily.

CoolOff

So, I have to ask because I'm curious. As someone who wasn't around back then, all this talk when TPAB released on how there was major backlash towards Backstreet Freestyle makes little sense to me. I mean, sure, compared to the previous record it's Kendrick doing something more "radio-friendly" for lack of a better word, but the track goes so hard that I'd think people wouldn't be too worried.

Is it just me liking the track more than the average Kendrick-fan?

Maybe I should go find the OT right around the release.

So, I have to ask because I'm curious. As someone who wasn't around back then, all this talk when TPAB released on how there was major backlash towards Backstreet Freestyle makes little sense to me. I mean, sure, compared to the previous record it's Kendrick doing something more "radio-friendly" for lack of a better word, but the track goes so hard that I'd think people wouldn't be too worried.

i remember some people didnt like the track cause it reminded them of "shout-y" eminem. i know Kdot said he was influenced by him anyways.

Nibel

Five arrested during filming of rap music video featuring French Montana, Busta Rhymes, Ja Rule in Brooklyn

Five people were arrested during the filming of a video featuring rap stars French Montana, Busta Rhymes and Ja Rule in Brooklyn, officials said Saturday.

Three men and two women — including the set security guard — were facing weapons and drug charges after plainclothes cops infiltrated the shoot behind a Fulton St. Bravo Supermarket in East New York at about 6:15 p.m. and spotted the illegal hardware, officials said.

Cocaine, marijuana and molly were also discovered, officials said.

video31n-7-web.jpg

bvzcddi4fpgw.png

Psst, aint nothing like Bobby Shmurda's guns

B5KiVz2IMAEVTN5.jpg

my negus had Terminator 1 shit, dat RE4 Killer7 type gun. Straight out of the Destiny cosplay type of weapon

Nibel

KuGsj.gif

Guess they liked L.A. Noire; they got more herbs than a D&D dungeon master though

Can't wait for the inevitable "Top 10 best armed rap squad" list on Buzzfeed if shit like this keeps happening

Eos

Backstreet Freestyle is flames
shit goes hard
Apparently Travis Scott was going to drop his single last night but their was NO AUX
wtf lmao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

There was definitely backlash and people were definitely split about the songs place thematically, the best, whether the song was good period, etc.

Was a grower for me, but if I want to listen to a banger I'll look elsewhere tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom