• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also brought a fan on stage who struggled through severe depression and was helped by Kendrick's music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08iRhAvavGg

QfEBYuB.png

our GOAT out here saving lives

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick riding the momentum of TPAB really well right now TBH. TDE a part of that, but we'll see if they follow up for non-Kendrick artists once this slows down.

Kendrick riding the momentum of TPAB really well right now TBH. TDE a part of that, but we'll see if they follow up for non-Kendrick artists once this slows down.

Is he tho? It's about to ramp up with festivals but there was a period between the first couple post-release weeks and today that felt like nothing was going on. He disappeared for quite awhile outside of the King Kunta video. Now it seems like things are ramping up. The performance on Ellen, the Alright video coming soon, and a bunch of touring.

Overall this just seemed like such a botched, unplanned rollout. Especially when compared to Cole, who had his shit ready to go ASAP and then announced the tour shortly thereafter. IMO Kendrick should have toured Cali in the week leading up to TPAB, get some rolling momentum, and then head out for a mini tour before the festivals began.

Nibel

^ oxymoron was disappointing as well

2014 was supposed to be their year but they botched it entirely tbh; still like the crew but yeah, get your A-game together

v oxymoron was disappointing as well

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is he tho? It's about to ramp up with festivals but there was a period between the first couple post-release weeks and today that felt like nothing was going on. He disappeared for quite awhile outside of the King Kunta video. Now it seems like things are ramping up. The performance on Ellen, the Alright video coming soon, and a bunch of touring.

Overall this just seemed like such a botched, unplanned rollout. Especially when compared to Cole, who had his shit ready to go ASAP and then announced the tour shortly thereafter. IMO Kendrick should have toured Cali in the week leading up to TPAB, get some rolling momentum, and then head out for a mini tour before the festivals began.
Well those are all failings beforehand, but if after all that silence we got this sort of thunderstorm of media, appearances, openings to new fanbases (Swift/Ellen) etc. afterwards, then do the means to the end really matter? Especially when the album was so well received?

One other thing I think rappers need to learn is not to oversaturate themselves. Kendrick still has a bit of a mystery to him, and staying out of the spotlight helps maintain that thirst and want. Think about it, pretty much every rapper who has had some form of superiority over the game in the modern era has had a bit of allure and coerced desire out of fans. Jay, Kanye (post-Kanye Universe City I guess), Drake, that's even how Jay Elec keeps himself in peoples mouths. One might also say it's just something that naturally comes with the territory/talent at that level and having so much attention you gotta pull back. This is what builds those rabid fanbases and gets us excited to hear about what talent Kanye is tapping/mentoring, who Kendrick has been in the studio with, where Drake premiered a snippet of his new song at to find patterns, etc.

Decent numbers I guess, doesn't say much either way TBH. A little close to CuDi numbers & earlier in his career, but I don't think his brand is at risk really.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Apparently Travis Scott was going to drop his single last night but their was NO AUX
Okay I finally watched this video and just SMH.

L for the title of the video and the random disses associated
L for the DJ set up and the DJ looking like he's playing operation trying to find an AUX cable
L for dissing the people paying you to be there because they can't accommodate your last minute decision to drop a single off of your Note 1.5
L for throwing a bitch fit over an AUX cable
L for leaving fans disappointed

This is hot.

I don't believe in illuminati but I'm willing to offer up this dude J-Love as some kind of blood sacrifice

Toss in Statik Selektah just because he looks like him too

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Hills has been on repeat. Love this track so much. It's addictive. Just now realizing how strong Abel's hook game is. Really only edged out by Aubrey right now. 🎣💯💯💯

The Hills has been on repeat. Love this track so much. It's addictive. Just now realizing how strong Abel's hook game is. Really only edged out by Aubrey right now. ��������

������������������

is there an 8 more than 92 emoji? lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Real talk TPAB helped me with my depression and the album came out on Spotify the day I went sober coincidently through life events. I listened to the album nonstop from the day it was released to a few days ago. u summed up those last couple of days for me.

Been listening to I don't do shit, I don't go outside by Earl.

That flow switchup on DNA brehs

And the pants better be creased on my corpse
If you need that, run until the street lights off
Back got bigger, got the team strapped on
And you thought it was magic
But that's just the difference
Nigga my team is magicians
We think of the shit that we want then we get it
Look I got hoes in my britches
Big up Dill and Britches, pro part coming soon
Thought you knew this my nigga
It's crackin like french tips
Just checkin and balances
And checks and salaries
Testing my friendships
Cause niggas get sour of this
Rap shit got the best of me
I threw the rest off the balcony
Shoutout Da$H and Retchy
I know yo bitch check for me
So much for chivalry

*Phew*

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
There are much better verses than that one, that's pretty meh, though his flow is always on point.

The verse itself wasn't that special I just wasn't expecting the switchup like that. But yeah, Earls flow is usually on point it'd be nice if he sped it up once in awhile like on DNA.

Fjordson

The Hills has been on repeat. Love this track so much. It's addictive. Just now realizing how strong Abel's hook game is. Really only edged out by Aubrey right now. 🎣💯💯💯
Agreed breh. Hope the next Weeknd record as a whole is as good as the recent leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom