• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyFog

Apple Music just recommended a playlist titled "Little Wayne: Lust Songs". Guess it's time to cancel my membership.

I mean the recommandations are based on your tastes sooooo
yeshrug.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Stick Talk

wipes_sweat-forehead8pubp.gif

Never thought I'd be saying this, but, good ass job Future.

Good ass job.

HiResDes

Thanks. After reading that I realized I'm out of my element and gave up.
It's a lot of techno babble for something really simple and the good news about DACs is that there are $200 ones that pretty much do the job just as well the thousand dollar ones. The ones I recommended are all in between 50 and a hundred dollars.

Haven't listened to any Future projects but I'll give this one a shot. Gotta give him dap for being one of the few hot minute rap artists to return to the top. I assumed Future was gone for good when Young Thug/Quan/etc were dominating that lane.But he's been dropping fire all year apparently. It would be like if 2Chainz made a comeback.

Tokubetsu

It is what it is.

Most of the "FutureHive" won't be listening to this by Thanksgiving anyway.

Halloween if some other non rapping ass nigga that people don't even understand much less like comes out with better beats.

Y7bQaNy.gif

Haven't listened to any Future projects but I'll give this one a shot. Gotta give him dap for being one of the few hot minute rap artists to return to the top. I assumed Future was gone for good when Young Thug/Quan/etc were dominating that lane.But he's been dropping fire all year apparently. It would be like if 2Chainz made a comeback.

He never went anywhere
t18PlkJ.jpg

Nibel

Must admit current-Future has swag; he can easily pull off that hat + hair combo without coming off as corny like Pharrell

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Future is so inconsistent for me, I put him in the bin of mixtape rappers that might have something I like every other release.

Will give DS2 a shot because of all this praise but I wasn't really feeling most of the singles he put out from his last few projects which also were really well received here.

VaLiancY

Must admit current-Future has swag; he can easily pull off that hat + hair combo without coming off as corny like Pharrell

I was watching his Breakclub interview and I was thinking the same. That hat defines Pharrell, it's just casual on Future. Or maybe it's been tried and failed on many.

Nibel

Future is so inconsistent for me, I put him in the bin of mixtape rappers that might have something I like every other release.

Will give DS2 a shot because of all this praise but I wasn't really feeling most of the singles he put out from his last few projects which also were really well received here.

I don't put DS2 on a pedestal like others here, but the production is pretty ace most of the time and it's very much worth a listen. Gave it more spins and I think I appreciate it more, some nice tunes here and there.

I was watching his Breakclub interview and I was thinking the same. That hat defines Pharrell, it's just casual on Future. Or maybe it's been tried and failed on many.

Well put.

To Pimp A Butterfly failed

HiResDes

Gonna come with a big review that will be hailed as a contrarian buzzkill even though it will be mostly positive. It's a really solid project, but it's really not all that different from his past three tapes in my opinion, so I don't understand all of the I don't normally like Future, but this is dope posts...If you like DS2 you like Future breh.

Gonna come with a big review that will be hailed as a contrarian buzzkill even though it will be mostly positive. It's a really solid project, but it's really not all that different from his past three tapes in my opinion, so I don't understand all of the I don't normally like Future, but this is dope posts...If you like DS2 you like Future breh.

guess I need to check out his other stuff then

Bacon

What's up dudes, been lurking/posting sporadically here for a while now figure it's a good time to introduce myself.

Musical Tastes

Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - Atl

What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Overall I'd say i like consious rap the most but recently been fucking with curren$y a lot so I guess I'll go with weed rap right now.

Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kendrick, Yeezy, Biggie, Andre 2k, Nas

Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - Not even gonna lie music outside of hip hop is a huge blind spot for me at the moment. Before I got deep into rap I listened to a lot of tool, foo fighters, rise against, and some other trash, whatever.

What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? - Close one between RTJ2 and Pinata. I liked RTJ2 more in the moment but I think Pinata resonated with me for longer so I'll go with that.

What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? - I go back and forth between TPAB and Earl Sweatshirt this year. I really dig the scope of TPAB but I also really like the punctuality of I Don't Like Shit. I could flip a coin on it but my gut is telling me TPAB.

What are you listening to right now? - Ironman

What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? - Relapse

What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Up until recently (like this past week) I hadn't listened to the solo wu tang albums that came out following enter the 36 chambers. Damn, this stuff is so fire. I'm pretty embarrassed that it took me this long to get into it.

Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums) - I'll go with Em on this one. Eminem Show > MMLP > SSLP > Relapse > MMLP2 > Recovery. Not even going to put Encore on the list

GAF-Hop Discusses

What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? - This year man. This fucking year is so good. What is missing is a full collab album with Curren$y and Gibbs produced by alc.

Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? - Really feeling liquid swords lately so gonna go with GZA.

Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? - Nas, Biggie, Thugger

What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? - Really excited to hear what Jay Rock has been cooking up.

Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? - I know he's not underrated around these parts but I would say that overall ka is pretty underrated. His new album was pretty awesome. Most overrated is 2pac without a doubt

Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? - Eat ass for sure

Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? - How is this even a question, both, and a lot of it.

Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? - Yeah I always at least check out whatever he puts out. I have no good reason, it's mostly just out of curiosity at this point.

Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? - Taylor Swift, and Taylor Swift

Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... - I went to a food fighters concert a couple days ago. It was pretty weird. Lots of old men.

Eos

Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kendrick, Yeezy, Biggie, Andre 2k, Nas

What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? - Close one between RTJ2 and Pinata. I liked RTJ2 more in the moment but I think Pinata resonated with me for longer so I'll go with that.

Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums) - I'll go with Em on this one. Eminem Show > MMLP > SSLP > Relapse > MMLP2 > Recovery. Not even going to put Encore on the list

Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? - Really feeling liquid swords lately so gonna go with GZA.

Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? - Nas, Biggie, Thugger
ksWG1oG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom