• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Bones - BeanNighe

5qM5Avm.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Where Ya At on repeat. Beat is insane, Future is demonic, Drake continues to kill every feature, SOTY. 💯💯💯💊💊💊

Gonna come with a big review that will be hailed as a contrarian buzzkill even though it will be mostly positive. It's a really solid project, but it's really not all that different from his past three tapes in my opinion, so I don't understand all of the I don't normally like Future, but this is dope posts...If you like DS2 you like Future breh.

nah for real I was pretty indifferent towards Future, but once I got hooked on Commas and Codeine Crazy I got a bit hyped for DS2, and for what it's supposed to be, it's fine. Not actually a god-tier album or anything (sorry toku) but I was definitely bumping it all day today at work

HiResDes

I used to hate Future until I heard I Serve The Base...

DS2 is off to a good start
This is what I'm talking about, why the fuck did you hate Future?. How in the world has I Serve The Bass changed your outlook given that aside from being quite dope it's not exactly an outlier from any of the other dope shit he's made.

This is what I'm talking about, why the fuck did you hate Future?. How in the world has I Serve The Bass changed your outlook given that aside from being quite dope it's not exactly an outlier from any of the other dope shit he's made.

this is true. DS2 is tight as fuck but really if you like this then you should enjoy tracks off 56 nights, monster, beast mode, pluto...

fuck honest though.

edit: actually no even that had some pretty good stuff on it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i guess i'm by my self, i find DS2 horrible (outside commas, serve base, and blow a bag).

went back to listening to vince staples.

Will his answer satiate you in any way though? Dude likes what he likes when he likes it...you can't change that.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
this is true. DS2 is tight as fuck but really if you like this then you should enjoy tracks off 56 nights, monster, beast mode, pluto...

fuck honest though.

edit: actually no even that had some pretty good stuff on it.

except some of us don't.

this is just one of those times where

" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

is more than efficient enough to get this point across.

DominoKid

Nah I can see someone liking this that didn't like his older stuff. I'm taking into consideration they probably havent heard much other than Pluto and Honest if they havent been feeling him so far. This feels way more like Future than his other albums. And compared to his tapes the content is a little darker, delivery more urgent (edit: this is the best he's used the autotune), beats a little more bugged out. It's extreme Future. It's the deepest trip into his opiated drug kingpin swag.

When Gucci come out they need to do a Free Bricks 2. Cause they can go in on an equal platform now instead of sounding like a sidekick.

Vorheez

Settle your ass down des, jesus

It's just music breh

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Summertime '06 is probably better than DS2, I'll give you that. But both albums are top tier.
If futures album is top tier i dont want to listen to this world any more.

Maybe its the number of tracks that sound like an extention of the last song. They all sound the same. Not just the beats but the mix of mumbling and autotune gets old quick.

"I just took a piss and i saw codeine coming out"

...really.

If it's my loss for not liking it, I'll take that L.

Courage

DS2 and Summertime 06 are vastly different to compare in a genuinely critical manner, but I'll say this about DS2: no other album in recent memory (other than XXX maybe) has authentically taken drug-addled music to the extreme like this. And not only through the woozy production, but Future's excessively intoxicated slurs, the grimier lyrical content, which dives deeper into his demented psyche, all executed so effortlessly.

So when OG Maco says Future 'encourages' drug use to his listeners, I'd say this tape intends to do the polar opposite.

I've noticed a common thread in the people that say DS2 isn't anything special.
They all have dog shit opinions.

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Tokubetsu

I've noticed a common thread in the people that say DS2 isn't anything special.
They all have dog shit opinions.

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

On another note, one interesting bit in the last part of the Future mini-doc, he talked about how not letting singles ruin his momentum. Instead of dropping another single before the album, let the mixtapes be the singles in a sense. Let them guide them forward. Trap Niggas and Commas have just started gaining spins on radio so why drop another one in mix? Just let the album go.

Definitely think we're gonna see more of this kinda push. Real quick releases.

Ninja Dom

On first listen of DS2 I'd give it a 7/10. Anything that initially gets a 7/10 then qualifies for a repeat listen and the score can get adjusted.

I'm on the second listen at the moment.

RP912

Banned
On first listen of DS2 I'd give it a 7/10. Anything that initially gets a 7/10 then qualifies for a repeat listen and the score can get adjusted.

I'm on the second listen at the moment.

Sounds about right for me. It's alright, but of course it needs a few spins to meet a higher praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom