• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Dusthead Heroes sounds like a dope import dreamcast game.

"Yeah, I had to get this from Japan, it isn't dropping here."
- Irish Ninja, 2001

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kanye's Dance #bestofinstagram

010UEYu.gif

IrishNinja

i mean, i could put on a regional clinic of miami bass/booty scene - Uncle luke, JT money, splack pack, quad city dj's, uncle al etc etc - but if you ain't from here & associate that shit with black/latina ass competitions it won't mean much

also, my vinyl of Wu Forever & Love Movement showed up today, crossing two more ones off my list before they get stupid expensive...also finally got my Pier Solar reprint so its like christmas fam

Dusthead Heroes sounds like a dope import dreamcast game.

"Yeah, I had to get this from Japan, it isn't dropping here."
- Irish Ninja, 2001

...you complete me tokus

Detox

Dre groomed two kings of the west coast and for reasons he could never work with either on their sophomore albums.

First time he has the chance with King Kendrick.

Album will do numbers.

The interesting thing is that Kendrick seems closer to Dre personality wise than Snoop or Game. Snoop and Game are like characters you'd create in a west coast videogame: the cool weedhead OG, the flexing (alleged) banger. Dre doesn't smoke and barely drinks. He spends his time working out and recording. Kendrick also doesn't smoke and barely drinks; he also started working out after joining Interscope. Both don't talk much (publicly), limit their musical output, etc.

Also unlike Game, Kendrick has proven himself to be quite independent. He isn't begging for shit. I think Dre will continue to fuck with Kendrick.

codhand

I love how Livin' Proof is always, always, prefaced with "rapping is kinda
AXF010F.png
...", lol

Yeah the lyrics were not that great, even in their time.

the production was fire though.

and I mean, Melachi says on Livin Proof: "Eighteen, and hittin' the real stage", they were the youngest of the crew.

Plus we knew Lil Dap and Jeru from I'm the Man (off Daily Operation) and the follow up Speak Ya Clout (off Hard To Earn), the latter of which had people badly anticipating a Jeru solo LP.

Here's the whole crew in Tims with Melachi in the middle and Lil Dap being fathered by Big Shug on mustache status.
ASNGyu9.jpg

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I swear.. He probably did that shit on purpose. Getting that free promotion. Shit's funny.

The cosby show one was perfect.

codhand

Livin Proof: bunch of shit that should have gone to Biggie, Hov, or Nas.

Biggie got Unbelievable. Primo was looking out for the Crew first and foremost, also he was loyal as fuck like that, about the culture in general, back when people were. Big and Hov were seen as commercial, so they had to pay for beats.

Kopite

The interesting thing is that Kendrick seems closer to Dre personality wise than Snoop or Game. Snoop and Game are like characters you'd create in a west coast videogame: the cool weedhead OG, the flexing (alleged) banger. Dre doesn't smoke and barely drinks. He spends his time working out and recording. Kendrick also doesn't smoke and barely drinks; he also started working out after joining Interscope. Both don't talk much (publicly), limit their musical output, etc.

Also unlike Game, Kendrick has proven himself to be quite independent. He isn't begging for shit. I think Dre will continue to fuck with Kendrick.

Dre doesn't smoke? What?

codhand

sounds west coast live instrumenty

Everybody wanna cut the legs off him king kunta, bitch where were you when i was walking? now i run the game got the whole world talking

whew.png

OMG

How early did GKMC leak if yall remember???

And damn. Gaf hop was jumping when GKMC first leaked lol.

ill try and find out
search my post history or something lol
i missed a day and a half of school waiting for it to leak haha
worth it

According to KTT the guy is in Germany, and he posted in the Kendrick thread claiming he had the album. People trolled him so he posted the pics/snippet. But he refuses to leak it due to catching feelings lol.

He's lurking the thread now, who knows.

According to KTT the guy is in Germany, and he posted in the Kendrick thread claiming he had the album. People trolled him so he posted the pics/snippet. But he refuses to leak it due to catching feelings lol.

He's lurking the thread now, who knows.

6urkXRO.png

it's that time of year again!

Nibel

Well, I found his Facebook profile and sent him a message; let's see how that goes lol

Edit: KTT ruining the TPAB Wikipage haha

70opw0Y.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom