• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
some jazz shit for yall

Kamasi Washington - 'Re Run Home'

The Epic is a 172-minute, three-volume set that includes a 32-piece orchestra, a 20-person choir, and 17 songs overlaid with a compositional score written by Washington. Pulsing underneath is an otherworldly ten-piece band, each member of which is individually regarded as among the best young musicians on the planet – including bassist Thundercat and his brother, drummer Ronald Bruner Jr., bassist (yes, there are two) Miles Mosley, drummer Tony Austin (of course there are two), keyboard player Brandon Coleman, pianist Cameron Graves, and trombonist Ryan Porter. Patrice Quinn’s ethereal vocals round out the ensemble.
http://ninjatune.net/release/kamasi-washington/the-epic/
Flying Lotus jazz shit, but non-masturbatory.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Actually it was mr.t but whatever site it was hit me with a lelmeme relink image.
Serves me right for posting some googled shit I guess.

Actually you know what, why didn't I just use imgur?
MM2RcBq.gif

why aren't you using abload?

IrishNinja

was bumping Hard to Earn earlier...i know we love Moment of Truth but that's the go-to Gang Starr right there

Soul Food up on deck next

Edit: KTT ruining the TPAB Wikipage haha

70opw0Y.png

These Walls ft. Shaq

in

needs more Fu-Shnickens but yeah

mr wonderful > to pimp a butterfly

I mean sure, but where's that leak at?

No where chedz. NO WHERE.

Kanye's next album confirmed to also be a PS1 game

I'd play that.

these posts right here

watching this & hitting that jazz shit soon, thanks fam

PlayDat

Going have to listen to So It Goes again, but for now...have to go with 700 Fill being the superior album.

Arnold Palmer, Bethel, Flurry, Steep Tech, Sticky Trap, Makeitwork...maybe the whole album. Gets better with repeated listens.

700 Fill is definitely more immediately rewarding than So it Goes was for me. Took a few listens for that one to finally sink its teeth into me.

Sticky Trap is easily my SotY so far, but I've spent the first quarter playing catch up for the most part so that title doesn't mean much.

Courage

Yeah you can tell he's desperately trying to be relevant or simply flexing knowledge that isn't even correct to begin with. He tried to hire Envy ON AIR and kept asking him if he'd mind him being his boss. Then he tried to make deals and partner up with everyone because 'they didn't own the show' and they should do something on their own. It's funny watching his interviews but at the same time I feel bad making fun of the mentally ill.

Detox

But he sells oil who do you know in hiphop selling their own oil?

I don't know how Jay put up with him all that time. All his power derived from Jay and he kept fucking around because he had Jay behind him.

LMAOOO HES CALLING OUT SPIKE LEE
I was getting ready for work and this dude really went on a tirade on "No man calls another man 'boss.'" Shook my head when he compared working to slavery, too.

Did anyone try to son Dame? It seems so easy to say he can't really point to any successful thing he has going on right now.
From the parts that I listened to, no. I hope someone put him in his place because dude really tried talking over everyone else. He was arguing with Envy for the most part and interestingly enough it was Charlamagne trying to keep the peace, lol.

CoolOff

This Clarence Clarity-album that Fantano reviewed is crazy good. Timberlake on LSD or glitch-James Blake are both good descriptions.

Buck-Toothed Particle Smashers. < 3

Man the guy that has the album is corny as fuck. Doesn't really sound like a fan to me, moreso a dick rider. Speeds through a 70min+ album in 20 minutes, skipping through songs. He likes what he's hearing but jeez...

Nibel

Man the guy that has the album is corny as fuck. Doesn't really sound like a fan to me, moreso a dick rider. Speeds through a 70min+ album in 20 minutes, skipping through songs. He likes what he's hearing but jeez...

Dude doesn't have track 5 just as the German dude; prolly some connection between them? KTT says he bought it from him but lol

Dude doesn't have track 5 just as the German dude; prolly some connection between them? KTT says he bought it from him but lol
It sounds like he bought it from him; he mentioned he paid a lot to get the album. Same dude leaked MMLP2.

Still something seems off. He says there are features but doesn't know who. Skips past a track that is jazz heavy. Skips Hood Politics because he doesn't like politics. Dude is either an Alpha Enzo or a troll. But he thinks it's dope based on what he has heard.

edit: production wise he says its close to gkmc which doesn't make sense, given what we know

Also says the guy who sold it to him said he didn't buy it at a store, and doesn't expect a mass leak. But I did hear what.cd is paying for a leak; maybe he'll sell it to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom