• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Lmao. The hate has gotten so much steam.

Action has hit 4/5. But the thing is, honestly nothing is special. Terry and Easy Rider are really good, but Baby Blue sucks and Light in the Addict is okay. Actin Crazy is pretty good. Nothing here feels like a huge departure, feel like it'll be a good album but not so much better than his previous albums.

PT3 looking like a legit great ass album though.

yeah bronson has been on point with the songs so far too. i hope he finds some measure of success here.

aye overcast, are you really bumping these new kendrick songs though? i wouldn't call it hate moreso than just sheer disappointment in this direction. lyrically he's fine but flow/songwriting etc. is just not enjoyable to listen to atm.

overcast

I haven't listened to King Kunta. Love the hell out of Blacker the Berry in every way. Don't care for I. So, either way. 3/16 songs. C'mon. Backseat was shit on here too, just chill till we get the album.

Don't have any problem with the general direction, but sure I've been concerned due to the hype I built more than anything.

Fjordson

Nothing here feels like a huge departure, feel like it'll be a good album but not so much better than his previous album.
Yeah, seems like Bronson's kinda staying in his lane so to speak so that will probably bore some people, but I'm always up for new material from him for whatever reason. Just give him some dope beats and I'm set. And I forgot about Light in the Addict, enjoyed that one also.

As for Kendrick, I'm still mildly interested in the album, but I've never been a big Kendrick fan (not even GKMC) so I ain't really the target audience.

Nibel

Is this even a question? It's enzo. Consider this; enzo has had an OT for the new Kanye album written up for like months now. One of you should do the right thing and drop a 2 picture sub 100 word thread for it before he does.

WV1DPbs.png

Enzo can be pretty levelheaded here and there though

Now Peterboy though - dude has probably Awesome set as his ringtone

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
This is pretty dope breh. I like how your drums sound. Goes on for way too long for something that doesn't really progress though.

Appreciate that sir. I was debating whether I should put that bridge and fourth chorus on it too. Doesn't need it I guess.

I don't know yet about rapping on it. Maybe me, or someone else.

HiResDes

I think people were spot on guessing it would be on the level of Section 80. So it will be a good album that's just a bit uneven, but will probably sport some really high highs and be a bit less dependent on album flow than GKMC.

Mr Wonderful's production list has me hyped more than the singles I've heard (which are dope). Alchemist, Party Supplies, Statik? It's a collection of the best producers he has worked with. When was the last time Alc got multiple tracks on an album. Hell yea.

I barely know anything about PT3 and will keep it like that until release day.

Kendrick...it's hard to make comments when we've technically heard two tracks; the album version of i is very different, according to reports. TBTB is dope as fuck. King Kunta is cool. Can't really say more beyond that.

Btw this freestyle verse is from How Much A Dollar Cost. Dope shit...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o3hDl3v-LQA

HiResDes

A$AP Rocky fans should check out this Martin $ky tape, production is so fire and he raps fairly well as well. Even if he never blows rapping he could definitely make a living off of his beats alone.

it's clear hes unlikely to work with drake for a little while but no jay rock or Q feature? after money trees was so flawless too. god damn.

hopefully snoop dogg feature is g-funk style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom