• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVMERS: All The Call of Duty Games You'll Never Play

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Since debuting 2003, the Infinity Ward-created Call of Duty series has immersed players in dozens of military conflicts spread across historically accurate settings and futuristic time periods. 2007’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare proved especially pivotal, steering the brand away from its preceding World War 2 engagements while also redefining first-person action and online multiplayer. By this point, publisher Activision had already begun exploring spinoffs, inviting different development studios to experiment with the formula for new audiences. Several of these ancillary ventures never saw the light of day. In fact, the series has played host to more than a handful of side projects that rarely lasted beyond the conceptual phase.

Such offshoots ranged from proposed sequels for existing entries to fresh ideas that would’ve taken Call of Duty to uncharted territory. One shelved endeavor even envisioned the property as a real-time card game. But for a variety of reasons, Activision halted this particular product’s forward momentum, along with that of nearly one dozen other productions.

This is the history of canceled Call of Duty games.

Man, the Roman one looked like absolute shit lol

Also the Vietnam one makes me sad as it was always something I wanted (still do but "realistic" COD is gone and won't come back anytime soon).

Last edited:
Top Bottom