• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 movie (the one in theaters right now)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That was actually pretty decent for a movie trailer. And at least it wasn't blown up either

Solid

ced said:
I know its been asked a million times but is there any new gameplay footage to it?
It depends on how updated you are. They show some footage from the singelplayer from E3 2003 and some multiplayer from E3 2004. It's a very cool trailer, especially at the end. Download it :)

GhaleonEB

Wario64 said:
That was actually pretty decent for a movie trailer. And at least it wasn't blown up either

It was mostly old stuff, but at 30-seconds, it was just cool enough to be okay. If it were a full 2 1/2 minute one with all old footage, that would have been different. A decent 30-second teaser.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I wonder if the CG at the end was part of the game or FMV specially created for the trailer, pretty hard to tell from that but if it was from the game that means it must have been made by the halo 2 engine (with the extras for cut scenes as in halo), that'd make that a damn impressive piece of footage.

Nos_G

Now they have done it... trailer piracy.

Now Hollywood will have to make a trailer that is anti-trailer piracy.. as if that trailer about anti-movie piracy wasn't enough... :p

As an aside, the Halo2 hype got to me and I bought the 3 halo books just to satisfy the cravings...

:O~

dorio

Banned
Ghost said:
I wonder if the CG at the end was part of the game or FMV specially created for the trailer, pretty hard to tell from that but if it was from the game that means it must have been made by the halo 2 engine (with the extras for cut scenes as in halo), that'd make that a damn impressive piece of footage.
A bungie editor at the ign boards says it was cg created just for the trailer.

GhaleonEB

fbcamp said:
But he didn't say it was made for the game.

To my knowledge, Bungie has never produced any CG for any of thier games for promo purposes, ever. Also, it looked straight out of the game engine. If they were going to use CG, I would expect a huge increase in visual quality. I am convinced it's from the engine.

Well here is a quote from the tools dev about the trailer:

One thing they didn't mention was the 5 days and 40 GB of raw data I had to render out at least three separate times. Plus the tools I had to write to handle movies bigger than 2 GB.

Random trivia for the hardcore: I rendered the movies at 1280x960, 30 fps. This is the best you will ever see Halo in motion.

Think of it what you will.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The best you'll ever see Halo in motion? I hope not. The trailer/preview that they're gonna show in Imax here better be remade to not look like ass on Imax :p

Jesiatha

Shompola said:
Sounds like they used the game engine to render that movie then.

That is correct. It is the in-game engine modified to run at a very high resolution.

edit - There may be CG portions (I don't know), but all in engine footage was re-rendered at 1280x960

"Depiction of Drug Addiction, Sexuality and Thematic Elements"

i saw in the last free frames of the first one. and i was thinking wtf, halo2!
then i realised its for the next trailer.... silly me

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Ahh yeah you can tell the last bit isn't the Halo 2 engine in that version, thanks for the link.

Kinda sucks that they didnt even put a second of new footage in there though :-/

we dont need new footage. not one shred of it.
let everything be a big surprise. and from what i hear from a friend the multi Beta is solid. very solid.
his exact words,' the same as before, but with all the stuff you wanted to be there'

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Templar Wizard said:
we dont need new footage. not one shred of it.
let everything be a big surprise. and from what i hear from a friend the multi Beta is solid. very solid.
his exact words,' the same as before, but with all the stuff you wanted to be there'

i dunno.... i wanna be surprised as much as the next guy. i dont want the game to be spoiled... but a new video would be fucking awesome.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Lock this topic, delete the link. Since when is piracy allowed here?

On topic, no-one cheered, which could only mean Halo 2 will bomb.

Society said:
Lock this topic, delete the link. Since when is piracy allowed here?

On topic, no-one cheered, which could only mean Halo 2 will bomb.

Or that it isn't a cinema full of over excited geek? ;)

Greekboy

Banned
Littleberu said:
Or that it isn't a cinema full of over excited geek? ;)

I'll never forget when MC first pulled out the double guns in the old Halo 2 demo and the Xbot geek audience spooged their pants. Nintendrone geeks are also classic with the "oohhs" and "ahhhhs" at the site of anything Nintendo related.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Lisa Lashes said:
I'll never forget when MC first pulled out the double guns in the old Halo 2 demo and the Xbot geek audience spooged their pants. Nintendrone geeks are also classic with the "oohhs" and "ahhhhs" at the site of anything Nintendo related.
I don't know, if you're a big fan of Halo (I'm not, incidentally), I could see how the ability to wield two guns might be pretty exciting for you. Similarly, for die-hard Nintendo fans, it's very thrilling to see the latest projects the company has been working on.

Everyone has their own little nerdy indulgences, whether it's wetting yourself over a slightly tweaked revision of Pokemon or screaming with joy when a favorite football team signs a new talent that you've had your eye on. Haven't you ever gotten super-excited over something that matters very little to someone else?

Lil' Dice

Banned
Yeah, but let's say you're on a date with this hot chick; would you really want to cheer a video game in front of her?.....In a theater?

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Lil' Dice said:
Yeah, bt let's say you're on a date with this hot chick; would you really want to cheer a video game in front of her?.....In a theater?
Hey, if she's not cool with your love for videogames, screw that.

As in, disregard the situation. Not have sex with her.

Greekboy

Banned
human5892 said:
Everyone has their own little nerdy indulgences, whether it's wetting yourself over a slightly tweaked revision of Pokemon or screaming with joy when a favorite football team signs a new talent that you've had your eye on. Haven't you ever gotten super-excited over something that matters very little to someone else?

I've never screamed out in joy for anything related to videogames. I don't even scream at sporting events but I do see your point.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
im trying to find out what it says at the bottom when the xbox logo cracks through

you see www.xbox.com but for a split second it flinches into other text and back again. hmmm

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I think it's part of one of those internet games which send you trawling through the internet solving clues. That's what I hear anyway.

op_ivy

DopeyFish said:
im trying to find out what it says at the bottom when the xbox logo cracks through

you see www.xbox.com but for a split second it flinches into other text and back again. hmmm

www.ilovebees.com

bungie rocks

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY
Of course the crew won't come for me if they're all dead. If they're all dead and I alone am left to tell the tale.

op_ivy

MAYDAY MAYDAY
Getting muddled here. Sick, obviously.

Broken inside. Not thinking straight.

Got to go back to first principles.

Survive evade reveal escape.

Survive-well, I'm not dead yet.
Evade-don't want to evade. I want to be FOUND.

...unless...

...of course, if I am behind enemy lines, then constantly shouting for help wouldn't be the smartest play in the world, would it?

got to run silent. got to run deep.

hide and go seek

tons and tons of hidden shit. rampant AI? definitely sounding like it.... maybe cortana, as she definitely wasnt feeling ok in the book "first strike"

Top Bottom