• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Multiplayer Question: # of maps

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
I've been looking around the Net and GAF, but I can't seem to find out if the number of multiplayer maps for Halo 2 have been revealed.

That, and the number of different multiplayer game modes would be awesome to know.

11 Maps initially unlocked, the OXM review strongly hinted that something would be unlocked for multiplayer when you complete campaign mode so maybe it is another map(s?) making for 12 or so.

Gamemodes... there are a bunch of variants but the only distinct gametypes are Slayer, CtF, King of the Hill, Oddball, Territories, Juggernaut, and Assault.

GhaleonEB

Datawhore said:
I've been looking around the Net and GAF, but I can't seem to find out if the number of multiplayer maps for Halo 2 have been revealed.

That, and the number of different multiplayer game modes would be awesome to know.

Eleven maps at launch, with more planned for DL.

Bungie has not revealed all of the gametypes yet, but the known modes are:

Slayer
Team Slayer
CTF (Single and multi-flag variants)
King of the Hill
Territories
Assault
Oddball
Fiesta
Juggernaut

The variants in each mode are said to be an order of magnitude larger than in Halo. (creating new types, like Swords)

Found a list of gametypes, don't know how complete it is:

Slayer: Slayer, Team Slayer, Rockets, Snipers, Swords, Phantoms, Team Phantoms, Elimination, Phantom Elimination

King of the Hill: King, Team King, Phantom King, Crazy King, Team Crazy King

Oddball: Oddball, Rocketball, Swordball, Team Ball, Low Ball, Fiesta

Juggernaut: 2 on 1, 3 on 1, Ninjanaut, Phantom Fodder, Dreadnaut

Capture the Flag: Multi-Flag CTF, CTF Classic, 1-Flag CTF, 1-Flag CTF Fast

Assault: Multi Bomb, Single Bomb, Single Bomb Fast, Neutral Bomb, Blast Resort

Territories: 3 Plots, Land Grab, Gold Rush, Control Issues, Contention

GhaleonEB

Mr. Lemming said:
Found a list of gametypes, don't know how complete it is:

Slayer: Slayer, Team Slayer, Rockets, Snipers, Swords, Phantoms, Team Phantoms, Elimination, Phantom Elimination

King of the Hill: King, Team King, Phantom King, Crazy King, Team Crazy King

Oddball: Oddball, Rocketball, Swordball, Team Ball, Low Ball, Fiesta

Juggernaut: 2 on 1, 3 on 1, Ninjanaut, Phantom Fodder, Dreadnaut

Capture the Flag: Multi-Flag CTF, CTF Classic, 1-Flag CTF, 1-Flag CTF Fast

Assault: Multi Bomb, Single Bomb, Single Bomb Fast, Neutral Bomb, Blast Resort

Territories: 3 Plots, Land Grab, Gold Rush, Control Issues, Contention

That's the list I was trying to pull from memory - not sure where I saw it. Still to be defined is the 'Fiesta' variant Frankie has alluded to several times.

LAMBO

Does it have a mode like CS where you die and you are out until everyone is dead(ie rounds), i love that, it makes you feel like there's something at stake.

LAMBO said:
Does it have a mode like CS where you die and you are out until everyone is dead(ie rounds), i love that, it makes you feel like there's something at stake.

Elimination is like that. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Assault modes is like that as well.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wonder if DLC is gonna happen.....

border

Considering how they have reportedly excluded some of the most favorite maps from Halo 1, I think Downloadable Content is gonna have to happen =)

If they do Hang Em' High and Chill Out remakes, I think most people will be happy. Possibly Sidewinder (PC Version with teleporters INTO the bases please!) as well.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mr. Lemming said:
If they do Hang Em' High and Chill Out remakes, I think most people will be happy. Possibly Sidewinder (PC Version with teleporters INTO the bases please!) as well.

forget those, give me damnation, probably my favorite halo 1 map.

oh, and there is one (at least) unlockable map

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
op_ivy said:
forget those, give me damnation, probably my favorite halo 1 map.

oh, and there is one (at least) unlockable map

which is what and hows it unlocked?

Top Bottom