• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 ownage...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Scoot said:
wait, how did you get it early?
pir8?
banishment, plz?

Mr. Togo actually works for the company that busts pirates, me thinks he got this through regular means.

border

He has been playing the pirated French version for "Job Research" =P

DJ Demon J actually mentioned playing Halo 2 Legendary the other day, as well.

If you guys want impressions, I'd be happy to give them, I leave it to the mods' discretion; I've been playing the game for day or two straight now.

Bristow

Banned
DJ Demon J said:
If you guys want impressions, I'd be happy to give them, I leave it to the mods' discretion; I've been playing the game for day or two straight now.

I just wanna know if it's worthy of all the massive hype.

border

OMG dude can u put it on BitTorrentZ??!

Impressions are welcome, so long as they are not "from the pirated version".

3rdman

DJ Demon J said:

If its a legit version, there is no problem, right?

Burger

Mr. Lemming said:
I don't know if thats a positive impression or a negative impression.

It's oh so positive. Multiplayer is so great, so balanced. No more pistol whores. Vehicle damage adds an amazing element not found in any other game out there.

I know nothing of singleplayer.

Hellraizah

DJ Demon J said:
What are the multiplayer mode, online and offline ?

Mrbob

Burger said:
It's oh so positive. Multiplayer is so great, so balanced. No more pistol whores. Vehicle damage adds an amazing element not found in any other game out there.

I know nothing of singleplayer.

Yes! Outstanding! Flawless Victory!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Hellraizah said:
What are the multiplayer mode, online and offline ?

I am a totally spoiler filled information whore on all things halo, so heres what I know

slayer/team slayer
king of the hill
territories (multiple king of the hills, more territories = faster time gain)
assault (carry the bomb into the base and arm, apparently if you want to play this you really should go play CS man with bomb cannot shoot)
Juggernaught - there is one uber tough guy who is fast, unlimited ammo and a rechargeable overshield, kill juggernaught to be him, get x wins as Juggernaught to win
CTF - good old ctf

apparently every level and mode is very customisable and there are 10 maps total, 5 or 6 vehicle maps and 4 or 5 non vehicle. apparently no real shit maps this time round and the vehicle maps are all very solid.

and shit I can't remember what else for now. I've also read so many spoilers for the 1player mode, what can I say, I just don't care about suprises in videogame plots. I don't dare mention anything but it should make people happy.
Can't freakin wait.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Wario64 said:
Can you play on Xbox Live?

LOL where would you get a crazy idea like that anyways?

Playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live.. HAH! That'll happen in like 10 years...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GSG Flash said:
LOL where would you get a crazy idea like that anyways?

Playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live.. HAH! That'll happen in like 10 years...

I'm asking if he can play and try it and possibily give impressions on the XBL feature?

MrparisSM

Banned
It would be cool if you could state if Singleplayer lives up to the hype? I don't really want any "detailed" impressions that might ruin my experience.

Burger

One thing I really love about multiplayer is how the emblems and onscreen icons are implimented.

For instance, if your team mate is firing a weapon on another part of the map and not onscreen, a yellow arrow will appear to indicate his direction, if he is being fired upon, the arrow will be red. If you move your viewpoint so you are looking in his/her direction you will see their emblem, outlined in either yellow, or red.

This is great for CTF. You can see immediately where your teammates are, who's got the flag, who's being shot and who's shooting back.

It really is important to have a unique emblem, that is easy to identify. Teammates & opposition will come to recognise it. Everyone elses emblem is visible when playing, when scores are shown when you die (next to your name) and in the game lobby.

The Rocket Launcher is a very important multiplayer weapon. At the start of an offensive round (especially on Zanzibar) you have to decide wether to risk taking a Ghost or Warthog and hope you can get past whoever got the rocket launcher (otherwise insta-death) or decide to try and take out the guy with the rocketlauncher on foot. It's magic.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Wario64 said:
I'm asking if he can play and try it and possibily give impressions on the XBL feature?

Oh ok, I thought it was one of your crazy endless jokes filled with sarcasm :p

I don't think MS has put up the servers for Halo 2 yet, have they?

Burger

Mr. Lemming said:
Burger, what is your favorite gametype/map combination?

Zanzibar is a tight tight map, as is Burial Mounds. Favorite Gametype is Single Flag CTF, just like Halo 1.

Also important to note is that unlike Halo one, where there was a 'Blue Base' and a 'Red Base' there are only Offensive and Defensive sides when playing Single Flag CTF in H2. After a set amount of time (default 3 mins) it will be "Round Over" and you'll swap sides, all weapons and vehicles back to map default (or your settings).

Having a round end just before the opposition scum score is awesome. Although the round time is over it will revert to "Sudden Death" whereby the round will only end if the flag is not being held or contested (by teams fighting to get it). Energy Sword at their spawn loacation can fix this problem quickly.

Also quite different is that depending on where the enemy has your flag, the spawn points will move. You'll find your team spawning closer and closer to the opposition base which can make offensive harder. For instance on Zanzibar, if the enemy opens the main doors, you might start spawning outside and around the doors in order to thwart the enemy.

teepo

Burger said:
Also important to note is that unlike Halo one, where there was a 'Blue Base' and a 'Red Base' there are only Offensive and Defensive sides when playing Single Flag CTF in H2. After a set amount of time (default 3 mins) it will be "Round Over" and you'll swap sides, all weapons and vehicles back to map default (or your settings).

... they had this same option in halo1.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
really? one flag halo 1 just had "Blue team CTF" and then you were on attack. no switching ends I thought.

Ecrofirt

CK: I'd hope he does, and he's not a silly idiot talking about a pirated game in the presence of mods and two ESA guys.

Burger

Wellington said:
Burger I assume you have a legit copy, right...?

I don't have a copy at all. I've been invited to play multiplayer several times by someone who does though, I'm not saying who or where they work however.

Hence I know nothing about Single Player, I'm not allowed to touch that shit.

Top Bottom