• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 - Who's going to be picking up their copy at 12AM?

Dave Long

Banned
Took tomorrow off and am heading to Cathcart's tonight to pick up the game and play the night and most of tomorrow away.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
BuddyChrist83 said:
No work tomorrow. Skipping all my classes. This will be a binge to remember.

You, sir, have your priorities in check.

BuddyC

tedtropy said:
You, sir, have your priorities in check.
Hey now, I've taken several precautions to ensure that this will not affect my grades in any manner. I've already got this week's homework done, and I also caught up on the journals I've been neglecting since the semester began. I've even attended class on those days where you really want to skip, just so that I can have that one excused absence for tomorrow.

Of course, the really fun part will be when I've had my fair share and try to write it up. Whoo, that'll be something.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
AniHawk said:
A bunch of crazy people who will stop at nothing to make sure I won't sleep tonight.

so, your not getting it tonight? if you are, just curious where?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
BuddyChrist83 said:
Hey now, I've taken several precautions to ensure that this will not affect my grades in any manner. I've already got this week's homework done, and I even caught up on the journals I've been neglecting since the semester began. I've even attended class on those days where you really want to skip, just so that I can have that one excused absence for tomorrow.

Of course, the really fun part will be when I've had my fair share and try to write it up. Whoo, that'll be something.

I wasn't being facious, your priorities really are in check. Sure, college will help you get that nice higher-paying job down the road, but Halo 2 is...Halo 2! :D

AniHawk

op_ivy said:
so, your not getting it tonight? if you are, just curious where?

I'm getting it in January for $8.50 from MS. I have to work tonight until 3:00 (selling Halo 2) and I have to be up at 7:00.

I work at the Gamestop on Badillo and Grand in Covina, next to a Vons, Wallgreens, and Wendy's.

op_ivy

AniHawk said:
I'm getting it in January for $8.50 from MS. I have to work tonight until 3:00 (selling Halo 2) and I have to be up at 7:00.

was it, gamecrazy?

Soul4ger

AniHawk said:

I work at the Gamestop on Badillo and Grand in Covina, next to a Vons, Wallgreens, and Wendy's.

I wish you good luck, sir. Do you have to work tomorrow, too? I've got an 11:30 to 2:30 shift tonight, then I go back in at 3:00 tomorrow until 10:00 PM. :(

Grimlock

To everyone working videogame retail tonight and tommorrow: You have my deepest, heart-felt sympathies. May God have mercy on your souls-for your customers will not.

Think of it as a practice run for Black Friday later this month.

Teddman

A bunch of places around here aren't selling it until tomorrow at 8AM. Including places that are supposed to open at midnight like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

op_ivy

AniHawk said:
Oh, really? I live in Glendora, currently. San Dimas is just a drive down the 57.

yeah, i'm picking mine up at ebgames off of lone hill, in glendora :)

we should try to get a halo 2 lan thing going some day

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Teddman said:
A bunch of places around here aren't selling it until tomorrow at 8AM. Including places that are supposed to open at midnight like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

As a customer, I'm glad I can get the game at 12am tonight. But if I was working at those stores, I'd be damn happy not to have to work at midnight just to give people a game they can't wait until the morning for. :)

_Angelus_

Banned
I got a call from Gamestop telling me that its due for release at 12 midnight. I have the game paid in full at an EB though,thats where I'm picking it up. The Gamestop reservation I made because I just know theres going to be a friend running up saying,"WTF, I need the game,I need the game, now!!! If not I'll call GameStop and have them sell my reserved copy.

But anyway I'm passing on the midnight launch. Tonight I'm going to sit back with a warm cup of coco,marshmellows overflowing,and read everyones impressions,trolls,and what not of the game.

Sorta like a Christmas Eve of sorts. Then once I awake in the morning I'm hitting the gym early,then afterwards I'm racing to EB to grab the game,picking up a pizza for later in the day when friends more than likely drop by to mooch on the game. Thats the plan for most of the day,I'm going to pop in here on and off between breaks and compare further impressions. In short,tomorrw's going to be a very cool day.

Sein

Neo Member
Uno Ill Nino said:
Oh piss off if you don't like them. People are excited. Give 'em a break. We didn't hassle you when you made 30 threads about Kamadouchie Dagamachi or whatever....

A much closer analogy would be to San Andreas, discussion of which has been confined to a single thread. Considering that there is a sticky official Halo 2 thread, every other thread about the game should be locked.

Jumpman

I'll be at the EB games in the Santa Anita Mall around midnight. I really can't imagine many people will be there though. I guess I'll see soon enough...

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I just got back from dropping my kids off at gamecrazy for the halo tourney tonight. There must of been 40 people there already. Crazy.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Been playing this since I snagged my copy earlier today from the newspaper office. Tons of fun. Energy sword + jumping = awesome kills.

Prine

Banned
I thought the energy sword was going to suck but Bungie have pulled it off, its extremly satisfying, plus its very, very important later in the game. Takes down some foe's with one strike

wipeout364

speshylives said:
What would kick ass is if the Gamestop buyers and the EB buyers who both have to go to the same mall rumbled Sharks vs Jets style in the middle, complete with singing and dancing at midnight.

I just about fell out of my chair picturing this LOL :lol :lol

Lyte Edge

I really need to finish studying for this test I have tomorrow, but I can't relax until I get the game. I don't even care if I get to play it tonight...I just want to go get it. :)

But I'm not leaving my house until 11:50 or so. The mall is right down the street. If there's a line and it's THAT long, I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Pachinko

I was thinking of bringing my camera, I can't see there being THAT many people waiting to get it though, if my local EB has 200 preorders, I can see 100 of those being picked up tonight tops.

I've officially decided to pick up my copy for 2 reasons- one I dont' need to go there after work tommorow and secondly/thirdly, I"m up that late anyway and its a 2 minute walk down the street to the mall.

i got mine at ~7:00 :D

h2r.png

thom

I'd take pictures but I sincerely doubt more than a handful of people are coming out to my local gamecrazy tonight at midnight.

I'm going to play a couple levels tonight single player than play to the wee hours on live.

I hated Halo, and even I'll be there to pick up Halo 2 at midnight. Mostly just because I think it'll be really, really funny. And to see if they'll sell me Mario Tennis.

AniHawk

op_ivy said:
yeah, i'm picking mine up at ebgames off of lone hill, in glendora :)

we should try to get a halo 2 lan thing going some day

I didn't even know they had an eb in Glendora. The only game store I've ever travelled east for besides Gamestop in Montclair is M&M (formerly SDK).

Lyte Edge

Damn, there must be around 100 people here at the mall. Crazy!

They don't seem to have two lines for reserves and prepays...this is going to take forever.

Edit: They're doing it by number...I'm 63.

I'm leaving in 1 hour to my local EB, which I was shocked to find out earlier today has 350 preorders. This is a small town, I expected maybe half that.

Anyway, they aren't even letting people in the mall unless they've paid the game off in full. Damn I can't wait. :)

Top Bottom