• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

I can understand why Haven, Ragnarok, and Exile are popular, but I can't for the life of me get the appeal of Complex, reading online it seems like no one else does either.

IHaveIce

Banned
Look at that concept art, tell me that thing doesn't look like another Mass Effect crate house boner.

yeah sadly you are right and it does :(

But I hope the dlc maps will bring us not only some smaller maps, but also finally some maps with a more unique art style, almost all maps right now look similiar :(

But the concept art doesn't seem it will go that route

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
after getting devestated by it a few times by the same guy in a match last night, i finally gave the boltshot its fair shake.... holy fucking hell, that thing is a god damned beast! i had assumed you had to be right on top of a guy for the charged shot to take him out, but it has a pretty decent range. its literally a more difficult to use shotgun - and is definitely overpowered for a loadout weapon. i usually dont jump on the "nerf it" bandwagon, but please 343, nerf that shit.

clear31

Finished the campaign the other day and it definitely didnt pick up until halfway through the game. As a whole though it was enjoyable but i'd say 3 and reach were better to me. I still liked the game but just felt it was missing something

AndresON777

shooting blanks
after getting devestated by it a few times by the same guy in a match last night, i finally gave the boltshot its fair shake.... holy fucking hell, that thing is a god damned beast! i had assumed you had to be right on top of a guy for the charged shot to take him out, but it has a pretty decent range. its literally a more difficult to use shotgun - and is definitely overpowered for a loadout weapon. i usually dont jump on the "nerf it" bandwagon, but please 343, nerf that shit.

For real? I've been rocking AR and DMR but that's kind of pointless since dmr is all you need. Might unlock the boltshot and give it a spin. Is it effective on vehicles?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
For real? I've been rocking AR and DMR but that's kind of pointless since dmr is all you need. Might unlock the boltshot and give it a spin. Is it effective on vehicles?

i dunno, but i doubt it. but on any map where you tend to have close combat, its amazing. try it on adrift, indoors on complex, or in the middle portion of exile.

This. It's the only weapon I hate in this game right now. A guy will look like he's holding a magnum or something and then bam, one-shot and you're dead, and at a pretty crazy range too. Longer than shotgun range, with better-than-shotgun efficiency. Goddamn.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
i dunno, but i doubt it. but on any map where you tend to have close combat, its amazing. try it on adrift, indoors on complex, or in the middle portion of exile.

This. It's the only weapon I hate in this game right now. A guy will look like he's holding a magnum or something and then bam, one-shot and you're dead, and at a pretty crazy range too. Longer than shotgun range, with better-than-shotgun efficiency. Goddamn.

sounds good I'll make a new loadout with this and the dmr.

--you guys weren't lying thruster is fucking awesome! :)

Ive been reading online that the disk 2 install should only take about 10 minutes, but my install has been going on for about 20 minutes now and its only at 50%. Did it take anyone else this long? Im installing to a USB drive by the way.

Pooya

DMR stands for Destroyed My Right trigger?

my right trigger died, it's stuck, logically not mechanically.
the controller was 4yo and I used it a lot on PC too, still :(
I guess the potentiometer is worn out, the spring and mechanism are intact.

FyreWulff

Ive been reading online that the disk 2 install should only take about 10 minutes, but my install has been going on for about 20 minutes now and its only at 50%. Did it take anyone else this long? Im installing to a USB drive by the way.

You have a slow USB drive. If it's still moving then you're good

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Am I the only one who REALLY likes the weapon balance in this game outside of the Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Boltshot says fuck you.
Eh, it's pretty easy to avoid situations where you will get hit by the boltshot. I say this as someone who almost exclusively plays KotH. I really think it's usage will decline over time when people get better, and as long as they patch the reload glitch.

Eh, it's pretty easy to avoid situations where you will get hit by the boltshot. I say this as someone who almost exclusively plays KotH. I really think it's usage will decline over time when people get better, and as long as they patch the reload glitch.

Camo+boltshot
PV+boltshot
Lift camping, flag camping, etc. :\

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Camo+boltshot
PV+boltshot
Lift camping, flag camping, etc. :
Haven't encountered Camo + Boltshot. PV is ass.

But I understand, Boltshot does promote shitty, carefree and potentially campy play.
I am part of the problem :x Except for the campy play.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just finished a shitty game on ragnarok where our team got rocked. Waited for like 5 minutes to finally get some players. Everyone votes ragnarok.

legbone

hey guys. not much of a halo guy here but wanted to drop in and say a few things here. i haven't really played any halo since halo 3 (not much) and odst (not much). thought i'd rent this from redbox and see what all the hubub was about. 343 pulled off some amazing shit with the ole 360. this is easily the best looking 360 game i have ever seen. i know this is old news but just had to throw in my 2 cents.

FyreWulff

Just had about 3-4 awesome games of Ragnarok where we steamrolled the other team with both banshees and Mantises.

Seriously people, DMR the Banshee. Just shoot at it. It will die.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Some nights I like this game, but the majority of the time I hate it. Anyone else feel this way?

Yep. It's usually dependent on my kill to death ratio lol. I just play BTB Slayer but it seems like the difference in xp you get winning vs losing isn't that different am I wrong?

It seems to depend more on your score

MrBig

The Lich boarding sequence
in mission 5 is the worst encounter/sequence of any halo campaign. That whole level is just so linear and boring :/

Some nights I like this game, but the majority of the time I hate it. Anyone else feel this way?

Yep. It's usually dependent on my kill to death ratio lol. I just play BTB Slayer but it seems like the difference in xp you get winning vs losing isn't that different am I wrong?

It seems to depend more on your score

I never concern myself with k/d ratio even though mine is good, I just like to play with a team that tries and communicates exactly what they do. Makes for a much better time.

rakka

what seemed at first to be host migration was actually the other team playing and killing us while we were staring at a black screen. wtf

Can someone explain the forest skin for Hazop from the Gamestop pre order? It supposed to blend in but how would that work in a team game? Seems like you would stand out more.

def sim

Can someone explain the forest skin for Hazop from the Gamestop pre order? It supposed to blend in but how would that work in a team game? Seems like you would stand out more.

Videogame camo patterns are almost always there for superficial reasons alone.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just beat the Campaign, 13 hours on Heroic (died a lot, lolz)

For the first time I feel that a Halo game actually has an accomplished enough narrative and characters. Bungie was always pretty bad at getting their stories accross, but 343 has made a Halo game with actual ok storytelling chops and characterization. Kudos.

Overall the game is pretty awesome. Definitely a better campaign than Reach, and much harder in Heroic to boot. I dunno where Id rank it overall though. I think I might like it the best since the first Halo due to the better narrative, incredible graphics and art design and phenomenal music.

Everyone using DMRs and sniping across the map in every map and every gametype is REALLY starting to get old fast. No de-scoping when getting shot and "flinching" instead is absolutely one of the worst decisions I've seen made to a popular franchise that already had its gameplay figured out, in a long time. And power weapons disappearing within seconds of being dropped, what? And these decisions have caused BTB to become one of the least fun gametypes in any FPS in recent memory, what a clusterfuck. The bad and nonsensical design changes become painfully obvious in BTB.

Said it already, but this Halo will not have the legs or longevity of previous ones. Hopefully 343 can get the next one more refined(or patch?), and at least take the people with ADHD off the part of the team that balances gameplay. I'm not seeing any rhyme or reason for many of these drastic changes to formula, other than a "well it's our game now and we're making it our own so hope you like it ;)", as the CoD fans on the dev team take the reigns and do what they want. The problem is that not only is it broken in quite a few ways as a multiplayer Halo game, it's broken as a multiplayer FPS in general. The fact that it's a Halo game just makes the feeling worse.

Yeah the disappearing weapons is driving me crazy! My weapons after I die in multiplayer, the enemy AI weapons in campaign and co-op partners weapons disappearing.

Top Bottom