• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
A guy just went 0/16 on my team into another quitter the next game

So guess I'm done with this bullshit matchmaking. Unbalanced every game is WORTHLESS

BraXzy

Play a Custom Game on 10 sensitivity, spin in circles a few times, shoot around, etc. then lower back to what you want. Might help.

That's a good idea, I might give that a try.

Somewhat the same with me as well, won 3 games and lost 3 games. Some of my aiming felt off (mainly with Sniper and a few questionable plays) but I attribute that to being tired. I knew I shouldn't have gotten on, but I did. The last match did it for me, only 3 captures in Strongholds... that never happens with me. That is when I said "Okay, I'm done." Too tired to go on.

Maybe it is that too, it is pretty late, just feels more eratic than usual. I really need to start playing more consistantly instead of hopping on every other day for a bit. Need to hit gud, go pro and win HCS ;D

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/killed-from-the-gravy

Only sad part is this update probably wont happen until right before xmas. :( im being a impatient liklbrat.

Oooooh let's have a read.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I had the campaign save glitch where it went straight to dash after I tried to load it, so all I wanted to say is that I'm impressed with the turnaround time and the fix to it. I didn't have to restart the level of anything like that to "fix" it one more time, but rather the fix allowed me to continue right where I bugged out at.

I was hoping that would be the case as I didn't really feel like doing almost an entire level over again on solo legendary.

JackHerer

So I'm having an issue: I can't get past the initial title screen. I press start and it says loading but never loads.

I tried a hard reset and no luck. I can't even play campaign.

That's a good idea, I might give that a try.

Maybe it is that too, it is pretty late, just feels more eratic than usual. I really need to start playing more consistantly instead of hopping on every other day for a bit. Need to hit gud, go pro and win HCS ;D

Oooooh let's have a read.

Read'em and weep

tears of joy

ALL GLORY TO FRANKIE

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've had server problems all day. No stat screen after matches. It just hangs saying it's loading the stats.

Madness

Guys thank you so much for typing this long ass post, I've said this so much over the past few days and it's so damn true, Bungie was afraid to embrace the lore that they had in the games and 343 gets hell for finally doing what the all in fans want of them.

Bungie was afraid to embrace the lore? That's because it wasn't their lore. Why does no one understand that? They didn't want Nylund to write Fall of Reach, they didn't even want Ensemble working on Halo Wars. They made Halo CE, it was successful and then Microsoft brutally pursued them to make Halo 2 which they barely got out of the door. Halo 3 was the culmination of that trilogy, the finishing of the fight, and many would argue was one of their better campaigns. And then, they gave us a self contained story with ODST and their own version of Reach that tied into the start of CE. They weren't there to satisfy lore whores who loved the extended fiction, they got so tired of Halo, they went onto make Destiny.

The positive that 343 has is that everything is now in house. They have a franchise team. They are created solely to make Halo. Those who get tired can quit and move on and others can come. Now you'd think this is a positive but it's actually hampered the primary medium for Halo, the games. Read these books to know just who the hell the people on your fireteam are, read this comic to find out what happened at the end of the last game, listen to this podcast so you know where certain characters are etc.

But this has had a negative effect on the games. That's two games now where the campaign story particularly has been largely panned by the gamers and the reviewers at large. If you cannot tell if effectively in game, rethink your current plan of utilizing miniseries and books and shows and podcasts to get the ENTIRE story out. The focus is the games. What good is it to Microsoft if they get a million podcast listens for Hunt the Truth but 600k physical (non bundle) retail sales at launch? Sometimes the best intentions don't make for a fun game.

Welfare

Halo's story can't be told in a linear FPS game anymore. Make the campaign bigger and longer or cut out story elements that are non essential. Don't try to cram stuff into a ~6 hour game that won't have substance and will be lost on a majority of the fanbase.

I had the same "Loading" problem when I got on earlier. Restarted the game a few times. The third time I just let it sit there and eventually went through.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We're looking into the long initial load issue. Should let you in after a couple minutes, experience from therein should be normal.

A guy just went 0/16 on my team into another quitter the next game

So guess I'm done with this bullshit matchmaking. Unbalanced every game is WORTHLESS

Yesterday every game of Team Slayer I was in the scores were 50-48 or so. FFA had one guy hitting the 25 and next best was 19/20. I'd be around 14/15.

Today I was playing Team Slayer and it was 50/38 or so for the winning team. Basically it changes day to day and hour to hour.

BraXzy

What exactly happened here.

edit:

GODDAMN https://youtu.be/yzBqhL4R-28

200.gif

Karl2177

Kotaku shits on 343 for their campaigns and story telling and they're totally right.
Good read. I agree with a fair amount of it. For me, it comes down to one core thought: In Bungie's Halo games, I felt like I had an impact on the outcome, whereas in 343i's Halo games, I feel like the story is happening even if I wasn't playing.

Question #2: Why does the protagonist have to be Chief? There was nothing wrong with being Locke, but everything wrong with being a secondary character in Chief's story. Like, if Chief had been a major player in ODST or Reach, they would have sucked, but he wasn't, so, y'know, they were awesome.

Because Halo 4 was a time after Halo: Reach. While Reach sold a lot, people wanted a real Spartan, not some gimped Spartan. Quite a few of the hardcore fans that I know were pretty soured by the Reach gameplay experience and wanted to go back to the simplicity of MC and the way he played. It also helps push sales when you can throw your franchise's mascot on the cover.

I don't know what I've done if I had the power at 343.

For all the good & enjoyable EU stuff that exists around Halo (there's crud too) they've never been good at executing it in game.

There is so much to say on this topic..

Definitely.

BraXzy

I just noticed voting for the weekend playlist ends tonight. Does that mean the playlist begins early?

You were right!

This week, you voted on which playlist you want to see in matchmaking, and Rumble Rockets won the poll, with 54% of the total votes. Being that we’ve got a long weekend ahead, the playlist will be available a day early, starting tomorrow (Thursday) morning Pacific time, and available for your enjoyment through the late night hours on Sunday evening.

Also, make sure you log in this weekend folks, for whatever this is.

Also, for players who log into Halo 5 from Thursday through Sunday, we’ve also got a little Thanksgiving surprise waiting for you. After you’ve stuffed yourself, be sure to jump into the game to grab it.

Cranster

Banned
Just completed a Warzone match that was intense and ended up losing, only for the game stats to not load and did not get any REQ points for it.

There is something off with the servers as this has been happening occasionally since launch.

BraXzy

Has anyone saved premium Warzone packs for more than a week? I don't want them to get overwritten or something :3

Just completed a Warzone match that was intense and ended up losing, only for the game stats to not load and did not get any REQ points for it.

There is something off with the servers as this has been happening occasionally since launch.

Servers are definitely having issues atm but your REQ points should appear eventually.

Madness

Oh fuck, it's FFA Rockets? I thought it would be like Rock N Rail which was team based. 8 man FFA blows in this game due to the fast mobility and small maps, easy to guess spawns. Coupled with rockets, I don't know.

I'm still holding out hope they can bring some of the legendary weapons into regular arena.

Welfare

Oh fuck, it's FFA Rockets? I thought it would be like Rock N Rail which was team based. 8 man FFA blows in this game due to the fast mobility and small maps, easy to guess spawns. Coupled with rockets, I don't know.

I'm still holding out hope they can bring some of the legendary weapons into regular arena.

Legendary Slayer should be a social playlist. Replace all weapons on the map with upgraded variants. Would play for a long time.

Tawpgun

One of the very very very few chest pieces I don't hate.

1055_0_2044_3029_24_2

because it actually feels like a protective piece and not a sports bra

Madness

Legendary Slayer should be a social playlist. Replace all weapons on the map with upgraded variants. Would play for a long time.

Me too. Damn, just imagine SPNKr and CE Magnum and Nornfang and Pool of Radiance type spawns.

I'd love to play something that was all legendary, the vehicles even. The upgraded banshees and ghosts, etc. Would be a cluster, but that's the point, just to break up the monotony.

Welfare

Me too. Damn, just imagine SPNKr and CE Magnum and Nornfang and Pool of Radiance type spawns.

I'd love to play something that was all legendary, the vehicles even. The upgraded banshees and ghosts, etc. Would be a cluster, but that's the point, just to break up the monotony.

You know what, that's what Heavies would have to be. Biggest clusterfuck ever in a Halo game.

Madness

You know what, that's what Heavies would have to be. Biggest clusterfuck ever in a Halo game.

Make the loadout weapons the kinetic bolt ones too, so you at least have a chance without power weapons against the upgraded vehicles. I wonder what the population would be for a mode like that.

But we gotta have Forge launch first, see how the community takes off with it, and how the playlist are changed.

BraXzy

Really looking forward to next weeks community update, we should have a big info dump on the December update and hopefully a release date. My guess is December 8th.

JackHerer

Any chance we'll see one or two real dev maps in the coming update? Or is that a ways off? The city Warzone map must be nearly ready, right?

this would also let people have plenty of time to test these weapons out so they can get used to and confident with them, this they will actually use them more often in Warzone.

BraXzy

So the biggest UK supermarket chain 'Tesco' had a pricing error today (which I was unaware of) and among other games, Halo 5 was dirt cheap, so there may be an influx of a few thousand people tomorrow :L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom