• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

link1201

I wonder what the hold up is on community maps. I'd think they could use these weekend playlists to test some, surely we have enough to test now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Eh, I'm enjoying it just because it's something new. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Someone actually asked for Halo to be back at 30 fps in that Halo thread in gaming side....

That right there is when you stop and realize that no matter what 343 do for Halo, they will not please every fan.

Halo is Dad.

It was jumperz, all he did was troll halo threads for 6 months up till launch.

Finally got ranked in FFA, so I was placed Onyx 1700 FFA, 1675 Slayer (solo), 1500 Arena (solo) and.....Plat 5 in SWAT lol.

Also valentines maps suck, reused breakout maps? mehhh

The doubles playlist is pretty disappointing. I had higher expectations when they said "custom maps." What we have is pink breakout maps with some hearts and different power weapon spawns.

so im guessing the reveal for the feb update is tonight
livestream next week
update around the 22-23rd.

and the 343 info drop goes drip....drip......drip.............................................drip

Man, their wording is impecable.

"Custom Maps!"

-Oh boy, we're about to get some community made 2v2 maps!!!!

"its live!"

-Oh boy, they added some hearts to the maps they already made..... this is what custom maps mean. lol ..... damn, wont be playing it then. ..wel maybe a couple times to use that h2br

i can see why they picked breakout maps though for doubles. keeps the action moving pretty fast with the smaller maps.

honestly, whatever. thats cool. the more variety the better. ill take anything that changes it up at this point.

Mix

Honestly H2BR is worth it. Looking forward to playing it, and Halo 5 in general more often thanks to my new job!

JackHerer

Man, their wording is impecable.

"Custom Maps!"

-Oh boy, we're about to get some community made 2v2 maps!!!!

"its live!"

-Oh boy, they added some hearts to the maps they already made..... this is what custom maps mean. lol ..... damn, wont be playing it then. ..wel maybe a couple times to use that h2br

I know right. That was clearly intentional to try to get people more hyped than they ought to be. What they hell are they thinking over there? Breakout maps.... smh. It doesn't play horrible but this is not the interesting change of pace I was expecting.

IHaveIce

Banned
The maps aren't even that terrible, but having super open sight lines paired with the noob rifle of the H2BR PAIRED with such amazing power weapon choices as a Binary Rifle or the Saw.. man I dunno.

I get this wants to be a fun gametype and not serious at all.. but maaan

So you give us the easiest starting weapon in the game, where you can LITERALLY miss and get headshots. Combined with old maps that were designed for .6 TTK with cover everywhere, then add radar and OP automatic weapons.......lol

Eh, Halo 2 BR would probably be enough to kill my interest in any playlist though. It's cool for fun in Warzone, but Halo 5 weapons are just better.

Ryde3

The doubles playlist is pretty disappointing. I had higher expectations when they said "custom maps." What we have is pink breakout maps with some hearts and different power weapon spawns.

I am disapointed they said custom, and it's just pink breakout maps BUT I imagine they all play great, they're small symmetrical maps + Halo 2 BR starts it will be good fun I'm sure.

Can't wait to get home and try!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The maps aren't even that terrible, but having super open sight lines paired with the noob rifle of the H2BR PAIRED with such amazing power weapon choices as a Binary Rifle or the Saw.. man I dunno.

I get this wants to be a fun gametype and not serious at all.. but maaan

Man, I'm struggling with the h2 br. Don't know what my issue is

Trup1aya

Too much hyperbole. Better players would still win the gunfight, though the gun is easier to use than the H5 BR.
I dunno,

This gun etches ever closely to who saw whom first territory. A good strafe means less when the reticule doesn't even have to touch the opponent to land a shot.

Akai__

Did I read that right? Only a written update today? Will it drop at 4am again? :(

One thing I liked about Bungie was that they always dropped the Bulletin Friday at 8pm and weekend playlists on Thursday at 8pm Central European Time. 343i drops both whenever they feel like it.

BraXzy

Did I read that right? Only a written update today? Will it drop at 4am again? :(

One thing I liked about Bungie was that they always dropped the Bulletin Friday at 8pm and weekend playlists on Thursday at 8pm Central European Time. 343i drops both whenever they feel like it.

Yeah the inconsistent timing of everything isn't great. It'd be nice to have stuff scheduled so you know when to look forward to it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Too much hyperbole. Better players would still win the gunfight, though the gun is easier to use than the H5 BR.
Of course better players will still be better, doesn't change though that the weapon is too easy and bad on such open maps with radar
Just think. There are people out there that want this gun to be the starting weapon in HCS lol
yeah fuckin idiots

I agree, I can understand shuffled timetables if tournaments are happening 343 is attending but a exact timepoint when we can expect things would be glorious

Trup1aya

Bungie really did practice clear, consise, consistent communication. I do miss that. I don't miss Reach though.

On the topic of these weekend maps, it seems as if the breakout maps play pretty well for this gametype. And there's a good chance than many people in the population have never played them before.

Fuck overgrowth. It will forever be a shitty map until they remove invis and sword.

Just dodge the sword like me -

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SaMuRaI G0SU/video/14705760

dont play like me, i suck

edit:
The only reason why the communication was great at bungie is because of Frankie IMO. Frankie too big to do these community updates and can't dabble in those closests anymore :p

He did write for OXM before he went to bungie.. right?

Glass

Is the new montage a skill montage and us plat's need not apply, or is it just any cool clip has a chance of making it?

jem0208

I actually quite like the playlist.

Not having completely new maps does suck but it's still fun to run about with the H2 BR and the maps don't play that badly.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno,

This gun etches ever closely to who saw whom first territory. A good strafe means less when the reticule doesn't even have to touch the opponent to land a shot.

The cross hair still has to touch the opponent for the magnetism to take effect, but it doesn't have to be directly on them. You can have the edge of the cross hair on the opponent and the bullets will magnetize.

Is the new montage a skill montage and us plat's need not apply, or is it just any cool clip has a chance of making it?

I'm a diamond in disguise as i've always been in plat until about 5 days ago. I say send your clips in! You have a good eye with angles!

I'd be down to see some GLASS clips in the montage.

Top Bottom