• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Alright boys, the real series is about to start. Place your bets. Losers wear boombox helmet for a month.

CLG

I'm with you, I think CLG takes this

Evil Geniuses FTW!

Perhaps a neogaf avatar bet too. Snip3down/lethul avatars?

EG let's go boys

I got eg boys

On paper the match up is as close as the ALG - Denial series. I think CLG will clutch it.

I got CLG I'm willing sacrifice my avatar

EG pls channel the power of Momochi

Yes get fucked EG. Come on.

CL fucking G baby. EG about to get 4-0!

Come on EG!

:eek:

op_ivy

Here's something for my 2nd place friends

lethul.jpg

Let's see those lethul boomboxes

IHaveIce

Banned
So we all rooting for denial now right???
I like both teams, completely happy with either of them winning
Denial are going to get stomped on, I like them but can't stop CLG now.
Nobody can beat CLG

Only just realised that that meant they beat Allegiance. Where the hell did Denial come from? Why haven't I heard of them or any of their players before?

Yep, the underdogs :D

Strider

I will absolutely be rooting for BOOBOO DOODOO but yea they'll probably get swept lol

Then again I didn't expect them to beat ALG in the first place so whatever.

Trup1aya

I don't really see what all those weapons add to the competitive matches tbh. Is 5 different utility weapons and 5 different autos weapon variety or needless clutter? I'd say the latter

Hearsay. There aren't 5 utility weapons. If you are talking about precision weapons, they all have specific stregnth and weaknesses that lead to dynamic more interactions between opponents than ever before. Not only does this make thinking on the fly more crucial, but it makes gunfights more interesting to watch.

As for autos I think most agree that the they could use some tweaking towards more differentiation. But the number of them isn't inherently problematic.

In other news:
I really hope Denial takes this... But I doubt it's possible... CLG's slaying ability is unbelievable. It seemed like they never dropped a 1v1

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
CLG are on point. Denial is going to get checked by a top tier team. CLG don't drop games.

op_ivy

Perhaps I need to modify my rankings but I still see denial as a teir C team.

Teir A: CLG, EG, ALG
Teir B: RNG and liquid
Teir C: denial and the rest.

jem0208

I don't really see what all those weapons add to the competitive matches tbh. Is 5 different utility weapons and 5 different autos weapon variety or needless clutter? I'd say the latter

I don't really understand this idea that lots of weapons counts as clutter.

What's wrong with having a DMR and a pistol, sure they're both very similar but it's nice to see a different looking and sounding weapon every now and again.

Top Bottom